Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/29/2022 7:35:49 AM EDT
The Office for National Statistics has released it's latest data taken from the 2021 Census, showing the changes since 2011.

37.2% said they had "no religion" up from 25.2%, but there were increases among those identifying as Muslim (4.9% to 6.5%) and Hindu (1.5% to 1.7%)

Of Londoners - the most ethnically diverse region of England - 36.8% identified as White: English, Welsh, Scottish, Northern Irish or British - down from 44.9%

https://news.sky.com/story/census-2021-data-shows-number-of-christians-in-uk-fall-below-half-for-first-time-12757819
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 8:14:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Nothing new here. Religions flare up, spread wildly, burn out, mutate, re-emerge, etc. They behave very much like viruses.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 8:32:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nothing new here. Religions flare up, spread wildly, burn out, mutate, re-emerge, etc. They behave very much like viruses.
View Quote

Government is the same…
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 8:53:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Good

Believing in a boogie man in the sky is fucking stupid

Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:01:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Good

View Quote

Christians are being displaced by other religions.  One needs to look no further than the most popular newborn name in London.  The demographic bomb has already gone off.  Birth rates show it.  The UK, as well as the rest of the EU, will not be majority Christian in 50 years.

And the new majority will not be wonderful, enlightened secular people.

Lastly, show me a secular country and I'll show you a communist shithole.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:01:18 AM EDT
[#5]
*shrug*

The world is wicked and likes its wickedness. Deserves the hell it’s headed for. Film at 11.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:02:40 AM EDT
[#6]
They worship government and their technology now.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:04:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Shouldn't be a surprise, just read through arfcom. Alot of people praise Christianity but don't want to actually practice it or attend church.

People can be moral on their own, without religion, look at the Soviet Union and China, both religion-free and pure utopias up till the Christian west had to get involved!
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:21:04 AM EDT
[#8]
We'll, the Anglican church doesn't offer anything different from secular society, and the UK government actively doesn't like Christianity anyway. As a Crown prosecutor said in a recent court case, "There are references in the bible which are simply no longer appropriate in modern society and which would be deemed offensive if stated in public."
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:24:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Christians are being displaced by other religions.  One needs to look no further than the most popular newborn name in London.  The demographic bomb has already gone off.  Birth rates show it.  The UK, as well as the rest of the EU, will not be majority Christian in 50 years.

View Quote

Correct
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:24:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Faith and religion are not the same as well.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:24:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Religion grows in hard times, and shrinks in times of plenty, always has. The phrase “ there are no athiests in foxholes “, comes to mind. Desperate people seek help anywhere they can find it, the coming hard times will see a huge increase in the numbers of Christian’s in first world countries imho.

Technology is more a master than a help to humanity, at least at humanities current level / mentality, it’s far more likely to be abused and used for tyranny, vs human enlightenment. We would be better off as a society, suffering a massive solar flare that destroys internet, communication, satellites, etc destroying government control, and such vs continuing the way we are.

While A massive solar flare would kill off hundreds of millions easily, but it would also reset values and reinstate what’s important to people and cut off the ability to wallow in stupidity / entertain all the current sjw stupidity ,climate religion, and most importantly strip governments ability to control / monitor / surveillance of the population, etc Vs continuing the trend we are currently following / the road humanity is following currently.

Like obsessing on stupid shit, bread and circuses to keep us entertained while freedom is stolen, growing all powerful tyrannical governments / one world government which will result in billions dying as they continue pushing their climate change / green religion planet wide. Make no mistake, the end goal of the climate change / green religion is to cut the worlds population massively one way or another, it’s the only way they can achieve their green goals. The bottom line is, if they get the green shit instituted across the board, it will be impossible to feed, house, etc 10 billion people, and they have no intention of trying too.

They will simply close farms, shutter power plants, ban farming, ban cows, mandate other shit, and the population will just suffer, starve, etc until it drops to a supportable number, that is if they don’t just release new diseases to cull the herd first. Or do both.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:26:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Part of the great falling away that was prophesied thousands of years ago. Fits right in with the other prophesies being fulfilled today.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:28:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/29/2022 1:08:37 PM EDT
[#14]
People are leaving religion in droves even here in the Bible belt.

I can only think of a handful of people in my peer group that regularly attend.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 1:09:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Good

View Quote

It’s about cultural displacement

How can you not understand this?
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 1:10:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Not surprising.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 1:26:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Meanwhile, Satanists are growing in numbers all over the world.

Link Posted: 11/29/2022 1:30:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Part of the great falling away that was prophesied thousands of years ago. Fits right in with the other prophesies being fulfilled today.
View Quote

Yep has to happen separating the sheep from the goats.

2 Thessalonians 2:11
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Matthew 24:24
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We'll, the Anglican church doesn't offer anything different from secular society, and the UK government actively doesn't like Christianity anyway. As a Crown prosecutor said in a recent court case, "There are references in the bible which are simply no longer appropriate in modern society and which would be deemed offensive if stated in public."
View Quote

I’m a Christian. If my perceptions of churches in the UK are remotely correct I wouldn’t attend. It would be worse than nothing and pull me from God
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 1:34:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Meanwhile, Satanists are growing in numbers all over the world.

View Quote

Also atheists. Which basically live like Satanists. Pleasure and self are the most important thing.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 1:36:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Good

View Quote

You won't like the society that emerges when belief in the Christian God dies. Even if the entire proposition is false, it's been about the most useful framework around which the most free and functional societies have been structured.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 1:36:45 PM EDT
[#22]
I recently heard that the govt there is outlawing repeating scripture in public. Not sure if it's true but I wouldn't put it past them. The "truelly enlightened" will be along to tell us how dumb religion is and how turning kids into trannys is great.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Well there are a shite tonne of Muslims and Indians there so go figure.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 3:09:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 3:13:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Anglicans are basically the same as Papists, i.e. not Christian.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 3:13:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:... show me a secular country and I'll show you a communist shithole.
View Quote
Sweden. Czech Republic.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_South_Korea
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 3:15:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/29/2022 3:15:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Guess what, you’ll see those who are now Muslims saying fuck you to their god soon enough, so no need to worry about that.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Good

View Quote

Until you find out He is real and see Him coming in the clouds with power and glory…….
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Anglicans are basically the same as Papists, i.e. not Christian.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/29/2022 3:21:49 PM EDT
[#32]

I honestly never expected Swede to weigh in in a religious thread, but I’m a bit curious why he thinks the way he does about Anglicans.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#33]
In London town, the number is closer to 10% according to my church. That's why they are starting a sister church in London proper to preach the gospel to a populace that very much need to hear it,
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 3:27:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Great awakening ?
A lot of folks are gonna be in for a disappointment
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly, just as Jesus said a little further along in Matthew 24:

37 When the Son of Man returns, it will be like it was in Noah’s day. 38 In those days before the flood, the people were enjoying banquets and parties and weddings right up to the time Noah entered his boat. 39 People didn’t realize what was going to happen until the flood came and swept them all away. That is the way it will be when the Son of Man comes.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 3:34:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Until you find out He is real and see Him coming in the clouds with power and glory…….
View Quote
Same thing goes for the dragon I keep in my garage. Don't believe it? Boy are you in for a surprise one of these days. I can't tell you when, though.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Yes.

It is part of a concerted effort to eliminate Western civilization, which is part of the larger effort to eliminate the very western concept of the "nation state" and bring about one world government.  If you look at most nations outside of the civilized west they are essentially just lines on a map controlled by some dictator,  borderline failed states, or outright failed states.

Greek Philosophy (logic), Christian morality,  and Roman civic virtues are all being attacked.  These pillars are being deliberately eroded.

George Soros made his wealth by exploiting chaos in the currency markets. George is basically the "Little Finger" of this world and he and his ilk see chaos as a ladder.  Chaos shakes things up, creates opportunities that can then be exploited.  So, we have a day and age where the elites actually have an interest in creating chaos rather than stability.  

Link Posted: 11/29/2022 10:06:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Sweden. Czech Republic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Sweden. Czech Republic.

@Rodent

Seriously?

"The Church of Sweden (Swedish: Svenska kyrkan) is an Evangelical Lutheran national church in Sweden. A former state church, headquartered in Uppsala, with around 5.6 million members at year end 2021, it is the largest Christian denomination in Sweden, the largest Lutheran denomination in Europe and the third-largest in the world, after the Ethiopian Evangelical Church Mekane Yesus and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania. "

Attachment Attached File

And a former Communist shithole?
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 11:59:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Good

View Quote

Wow edge lord over here.  Such an insightful take, never heard it before, did you think it up by yourself?

On a more serious note, I'm agnostic, but I hope you are trolling.

The value of religion doesn't come from believing in the man in the sky.

It's multiple millennia old wisdom passed down during a time when people were illiterate.  The wisdom was in the parables that were preserved orally.  These stories provided a philosophy for conducting yourself in the world.  Despite being agnostic, I find these parables incredibly insightful.  Doesn't have to do with the man in the sky.

Cain and Abel is the story of the first humans. One brother is upset that his life isn't going well, through no reason of his own, or so he believes (life is unfair and arbitrary).  While his brother is wildly successful.  It's a cautionary tale of brother murdering brother out of jealousy and resentment.  That's the first story of mankind.  Brother killing brother.

It's also the story of 2021 and 2022.  Violence and crime in the name of "fairness" (social justice).

Cain and Abel is a true story, even if it's fictional.  It transcends us as individuals, it's true because it permeates our nature.

I don't think it's a coincidence the authors of the bible selected that as the first story of man.  I think it shows incredible insight with regards to man's nature and capacity for destruction.

If you truly believe that religion is about the man in the sky, you should make an effort to understand it before you throw it in the trash.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 12:07:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good

Religion dies off in educated and smart countries. The best countries in the world tend to be agnostic. Most "Christians" in Europe are much less serious and take it much less literally than most Americans. Same with most religious people in Japan or South Korea. Even a conservative country like Switzerland is far, far more agnostic that what you would find in some parts of the US.

The reason Europe, Japan, South  Korea, etc. are loosing religion rapidly is the populations have high IQs and are generally well educated. The US is an outlier amongst the developed world. In large part due to certain minorities. Blacks and Hispanics are some of the most religious groups in the US, and likewise are lower educated and poorer.

Link Posted: 11/30/2022 12:54:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Guess what, you’ll see those who are now Muslims saying fuck you to their god soon enough, so no need to worry about that.
View Quote

-untrue statement
Name a more iconic duo

Edit: Also from California, we have a perfect trio here
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 12:54:59 AM EDT
[#42]
A failed nation after rejecting the Church.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 1:01:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

@Rodent

Seriously?

"The Church of Sweden (Swedish: Svenska kyrkan) is an Evangelical Lutheran national church in Sweden. A former state church, headquartered in Uppsala, with around 5.6 million members at year end 2021, it is the largest Christian denomination in Sweden, the largest Lutheran denomination in Europe and the third-largest in the world, after the Ethiopian Evangelical Church Mekane Yesus and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania. "

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/145716/Screenshot_20221129_210105_Chrome_jpg-2618480.JPG

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sweden. Czech Republic.

@Rodent

Seriously?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/145716/Screenshot_20221129_210105_Chrome_jpg-2618480.JPG

Sweden is one of the most secular countries in the world.

Some examples here.

Although Sweden is one of the world’s most secularised countries – on an average weekend about 5.5 per cent of the population attend some form of religious service – the country has a long Christian tradition.

In most other developed countries, "religious" people take Christmas off and say Merry Christmas. The idea that religion is to guide politics is largely gone from most of the developed world. The US is an outlier. People openly talking about what church they attend isn't common in most of the developed world. And the amount of people who attend church in a place like Sweden or Japan is rock bottom. Even if they "belong to a church", they don't attend it, or believe in it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 1:05:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Good

View Quote

Okay, but what if you're wrong?
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 1:05:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 1:06:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Government is the same…
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 1:06:53 AM EDT
[#47]
well, when you flood your country with muslims and other non Christians..... are we surprised here?
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 1:09:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good

There's always a possibility. What if you are wrong? That's not a good reason to believe in something. Where else in life is faith considered something good or desirable? Only in religion is faith not only required, but considered virtuous.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 1:12:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Government is the same…
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Government is the same…

Government is more like cancer.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 1:12:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Catholicism is the largest Christian religion right? Folks see it as is or is not right?

If that faggot fuck of a pope is supposed to represent the sect, then yeah. I want nothing to do with it.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top