Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2023 3:30:13 PM EDT
I'm trading an AR for another AR and we're both willing to drive to North Carolina to save on shipping costs. I live in East Tennessee and he lives in South Carolina near the NC border. I've called a gun store in the NC area who does FFLs and he said he's got a call into their ATF guy to ask if they're allowed to do the transfers with us both being out of state. It's hard to find this specific topic on Google so does anyone here know if it's allowed or do we just have to send it from each of our FFLs in our own area? Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 4:14:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it's legal.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 7:38:59 AM EDT
[#2]
It's federally legal.  Some states have their own laws that prevent their residents from purchasing certain long guns outside the state, but NC and SC aren't included in that list.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Spivas08:
I'm trading an AR for another AR and we're both willing to drive to North Carolina to save on shipping costs. I live in East Tennessee and he lives in South Carolina near the NC border. I've called a gun store in the NC area who does FFLs and he said he's got a call into their ATF guy to ask if they're allowed to do the transfers with us both being out of state. It's hard to find this specific topic on Google so does anyone here know if it's allowed or do we just have to send it from each of our FFLs in our own area? Thanks.
View Quote

Gonna suck if you get a NICS delay.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top