Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2021 7:19:05 PM EDT
I recently made a post regarding a couple of items on another thread regarding a member's beautiful dog that I thought others could benefit from learning about.

For some background information, before Covid-19, I would travel a lot with my Royal Standard Poodle, going to different schools (Pet Partner Dog Therapy).  I was concerned for her safety and my safety if I was ever involved in an auto accident.  Plus, I was concerned if for some reason she got lost.  Thus, I researched for solutions and found these two items that can help you and your dog:

1) the Kurgo Enhanced Strength Tru-Fit Dog Car Harness https://www.kurgo.com/dog-harnesses/enhanced-strength-dog-car-harness/.  It not only protects your dog from injury, but it also protects you from a dog flying like a projectile into the back of your head that could cause you a neck injury or even death; and

2) The Whistle GO Explore https://www.whistle.com/products/whistle-go-explore-gps-pet-tracker-activity-monitor?variant=28982569697328 which is a GPS tracker that is very effective.  It also monitors health and fitness.  The cost is very reasonable especially when compared to the cost of a vet bill if your dog gets hit by a car.  You can immediately locate your dog as long as there is cell reception.

Today, I still take my dog everywhere with me.  To the store, to work, just everywhere except hospitals, schools, and nursing homes.  At this point, with the potential of Covid-19 variants, I'm not going back to Pet Partners program where we would visit various facilities.  The risk is just not worth it to me.  Besides, nursing homes are so dangerous for dogs as patients at times drop their medication and the staff may not notice it.  So, there is an additional threat level for the dogs.

Back on track.  Every week I receive alerts in the Nextdoor app where a dog is injured in a car accident or when someone is frantically looking for their lost dog.  The Whistle GO Explore would significantly reduce that occuring.  It sends out immediate alerts when your dog is outside a safe zone that you set up.  For me, my safe zones are at a few houses and offices that we are at.

The above two items are a must for me and I hope every dog owner considers them.

Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top