Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2021 11:48:39 PM EDT
Has anyone here tried this stuff?

I'm thinking of trying it out but I'm worried about it being an expensive placebo like most supplements.

I would like to hear your guys'/gals' experience with it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 8:26:26 AM EDT
[#1]
What is the goal while taking it?

Like most supplements, if it does do anything, it's probably minimal.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 8:47:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Has anyone here tried this stuff?

I'm thinking of trying it out but I'm worried about it being an expensive placebo like most supplements.

I would like to hear your guys'/gals' experience with it.
View Quote

I heard that it it pretty legit, but I don't know of anyone personally who have taken it.

Also, haven't looked into any side effects.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:02:22 AM EDT
[#3]
sitdwnandhngon, it's supposed to promote muscle growth.

Of course the guys pimping it out praise the hell out of it and say that there's no negative side effects.

They also say that it won't work for everyone.  Not sure if they're being honest or laying out a convenient disclaimer in case it's snake oil.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:11:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Red meat and 8 hours of sleep each night will promote muscle growth too, and is probably cheaper.

I think the general conclusion most of the time, is that if you want to take something that is going to help you build muscle, just go get some test cyp and some needles. It's cheap and proven effective.

Otherwise, eat lots of whole foods, supplement any nutrients you might be missing, and get lots of sleep.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 3:04:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Very few studies on it, but the ones that exist show it's about on par with creatine usage.  

A few anecdotes back up the studies.  

The thing is the cost, shit is ridiculously expensive when you look at expected gains for the dollar.  In a vacuum just looking at the turk price itself it may seem reasonably priced but comparing it to other pieces of the fitness and muscle growth puzzle it's really expensive.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 2:22:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I keep seeing claims that it's going to be banned as an anabolic and put on the controlled list but that world is so full of bs so it's hard to tell if that's hype or not.

Something indicative of the industry-

I recall marc lobliner (he made bcaas popular through the xtend brand,  owner of tiger fitness currently). I saw him answering a question about what supplements actually work.  He claimed some new one he was pimping was the only one other than creatine, fiber and fish oil that worked so well he couldn't miss a single day.  He had to take it. Think it was a nutropic. Anyway.  The person asked right after how long he had taken it and he said 3 days.  ??

He also released a video recently that although the steroid abuse, bad cardio health, rampant recreational drug abuse,  and high body weight didn't help,  the recent spike in deaths in bodybuilding were due to the covid vax.

But he pimps "data" constantly. He's so full of shit.  

I can tell you this.  If it actually works in any meaningful way,  it will have side effects and it will be banned by wada and added to the controlled substance list.

If you want to add muscle beyond protein, rest,  and training then your options are steroids and insulin.

If it isn't banned that's bc it doesn't really work.  

Creatine kinda, fish oil,  fiber, protein powder (i call that a food not supplement) are the only supplements that work a little.  

But even the fish oil is a good example.  I dealt with elbow and knee pain my entire life. Fish did help a little so i took out every day no matter what.

48 hours after my first shot of deca i felt no pain for the first time in 18 years. Then switched to meloxicam and same deal. No pain.

Link Posted: 12/16/2021 10:56:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I keep seeing claims that it's going to be banned as an anabolic and put on the controlled list but that world is so full of bs so it's hard to tell if that's hype or not.

I recall marc lobliner (he made bcaas popular through the xtend brand,  owner of tiger fitness currently). I saw him answering a question about what supplements actually work.  He claimed some new one he was pimping was the only one other than creatine, fiber and fish oil that worked so well he couldn't miss a single day.  He had to take it. Think it was a nutropic. Anyway.  The person asked right after how long he had taken it and he said 3 days.  ??

He also released a video recently that although the steroid abuse, bad cardio health, rampant recreational drug abuse,  and high body weight didn't help,  the recent spike in deaths in bodybuilding were due to the covid vax.

I can tell you this.  If it actually works in any meaningful way,  it will have side effects and it will be banned by wada and added to the controlled substance list.

If you want to add muscle beyond protein, rest,  and training then your options are steroids and insulin.

Creatine kinda, fish oil,  fiber, protein powder (i call that a food not supplement) are the only supplements that work a little.  

But even the fish oil is a good example.  I dealt with elbow and knee pain my entire life. Fish did help a little so i took out every day no matter what.

48 hours after my first shot of deca i felt no pain for the first time in 18 years. Then switched to meloxicam and same deal. No pain.

View Quote

I don't think it *can* be banned.  Turk is a natural molecule found in spinach (and other plants, but it's high in spinach).  I forget how much spinach you have to eat to see the kind of dosage you get that is measurable, but it's physically possible to eat a couple pounds of spinach to get a measurable dose.  Every day.  God help your toilet.

Popeye says hello
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don't think it *can* be banned.  Turk is a natural molecule found in spinach (and other plants, but it's high in spinach).  I forget how much spinach you have to eat to see the kind of dosage you get that is measurable, but it's physically possible to eat a couple pounds of spinach to get a measurable dose.  Every day.  God help your toilet.

Popeye says hello
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Popeye says hello

THC, uranium, and arsenic are very natural chemicals too.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 1:43:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Popeye says hello

This.  Natural doesn't have much to do with anything.

I'm no drug fiend. But last time i checked opium and cocaine come from plants.  Marijuana literally is a plant.  The crazy mushrooms are a fungus and i don't think those are legal to posess.

Not any different. Have some wild Marijuana growing in your ditch, no biggie.  Start a Marijuana farm and it's regulated or illegal. Try planting a field of opium poppies. It'll end badly.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:41:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I've done some reading on it and its difficult to parse through the noise.

Part of me wants to try it.  The other part says slow and steady is the way (which has worked).

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Joe Stanek (powerlifting coach) gave it a try. Look for him on Instagram and TikTok.  Maybe youtube also.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Tried it at a high dose, do not think it really did anything.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 8:15:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I have used HTLT version for a month and a half. My recovery and overall performance at the gym was noticeably better on it. I was only taking 3 pills a day which is the lower dose recommended use that says on the bottle.

But I definitely had a jump in weight for my lifts.

I’ve been off it for the last 3 weeks and definitely feel soreness lasting longer and don’t feel as strong as I did when I was taking it. My body doesn’t feel bad, but I my muscles felt noticeably better when I was taking it.

They still feel good, but they just felt better on it. Idk if that makes sense.

(I’ve never taken any steroids of any kind in the past)
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 9:10:45 PM EDT
[#14]
You could try just eating spinach and/or quinoa with every meal. Should be much cheaper.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 3:01:19 AM EDT
[#15]
I've been on it for a week. It's not doing much. RAD-140 is much more effective.

Link Posted: 2/27/2022 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I've been on it for a week. It's not doing much. RAD-140 is much more effective.

View Quote

From my understanding of what I have seen, that’s all it’s mean to do.

As opposed to taking something like RAD-140 or any other sarm. It just meant to provide a small boost to muscle growth and recovery.

But all I have seen about it is from Coach Greg and More plates more dates videos.

So I really am not a valid source of information, but that’s all I know from what they say it’s meant to be and do.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:17:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

From my understanding of what I have seen, that’s all it’s mean to do.

As opposed to taking something like RAD-140 or any other sarm. It just meant to provide a small boost to muscle growth and recovery.

But all I have seen about it is from Coach Greg and More plates more dates videos.

So I really am not a valid source of information, but that’s all I know from what they say it’s meant to be and do.
View Quote

It costs as much as RAD-140.

On a per dollar basis, for me, RAD-140 is a better proposition. YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 8:49:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It costs as much as RAD-140.

On a per dollar basis, for me, RAD-140 is a better proposition. YMMV.
View Quote

Yes it may cost more than rad-140.

But the benefits are not having your test level jump around or having your body be messed up by a SARM like rad 140.

Once again, it’s not supposed to be rad 140, it is supposed to give some (not massive) benefits in recovery and muscle growth.

Like a better creatine.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:49:32 AM EDT
[#19]
I watched a YouTube video where they said it was equal to taking 2.5mg of anavar a day.

So basically nothing.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 12:21:07 AM EDT
[#20]
I am on it now, can't definitively say it makes a difference. Will not be buying again. Bought some rad140.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top