Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2018 11:12:44 AM EDT
My wife and I spent a week in Roatan and stayed at Anthony's Key Resort. The diving was enjoyable as always. This was our first time on this side of the island (previous diving trips had all been on the channel side) and there were enough differences to be interesting. Lower lionfish population and quite  few more turtles, less Rays but more of other types of fish. We saw the biggest crab I ever want to see on a night dive. Viewed at the top of a small trench with about 20ft of water between us, I estimated his wing span to be 6'. 4 of us lit him up and he could have given a shit and just stood his ground.

The resort was fantastic. We stayed on the island (vs the hill side) and the over water/rock cottages were great. Comfortable, clean, great AC, nice patios, and plenty of water for showers. The staff took excellent care of us all week. The food in the on premise restaurant was really good all week. Great service there as well, with big windows of time to get a meal.

The dive op was run pretty well. This was our first stay at a resort this big. They had about 120 divers last week. Our boat varied from 6 to 12 depending on what people were doing. Concierge type service which initially I wasn't a fan of (I like to assemble my own gear) but got used to. The DM and the Captain were great to spend the week with.

Overall there are really only a few items I'd improve on there, and they are really small items. Overall it was a great experience and we are already booked to return next year.

If you are looking for a place to dive check out Roatan and Anthony's Key Resort.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 12:57:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Good to know. Have stayed at CoCo View, 20 years ago, and enjoyed it.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top