Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2019 8:43:40 PM EDT
Recently got back into the Home Audio game.

Want a pair of tower speakers.

Want to hear from folks who are happy with theirs
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 8:48:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Paradigm studio reference.  I absolutely love mine.

If $1500 a speaker is in your price range.

Higher, KEF.

Need a sub?  Only svs for me.

Txl
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 9:16:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I purchased a set of Focal 1028 towers last summer. Love them in my multi-use living room. I don't have any acoustic treatments, and only driving with a receiver, but they sound good with music/movies to me. They replaced a set of ten-year-old B&W 684s which still sounded good, but I just wanted to try something new.
Ignore the positioning of the speakers. Have a toddler to contend with.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 9:29:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quality suggestions.

Was looking at  these https://www.crutchfield.com

Just looking for some opinions before i pull the trigger. Its difficult to go and listen to a set nowadays since all the Home Audio stores are almost extinct
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 10:34:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I love my Rocket 850 towers.

You can't get them anymore as the company went bankrupt and the owner ended up in prison!

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/rocket-loudspeakers-onix-rs750-rsc200-rs250-and-rss300-loudspeakers

Towers + an end table sized SVS subwoofer will do you good.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 11:58:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quality suggestions.

Was looking at  these https://www.crutchfield.com

Just looking for some opinions before i pull the trigger. Its difficult to go and listen to a set nowadays since all the Home Audio stores are almost extinct
View Quote
I have the same speakers as part of my HT. Look at adorama for serious discounts. Do not rush a purchase.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 8:30:29 PM EDT
[#6]
love my paradigm 90p's
they don't make em anymore methinks, but they come up on craigslist or wherever sometimes
great sound and rumble the shit out of the house (built in subs)
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 9:44:20 AM EDT
[#7]
In addition to two SVS subs, I run their ultra tower speakers as well. Love them.
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 2:52:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Buy these.  Now.  They are a steal at this price.  They show OOS but will be shipping near Christmas.  I bought mine at 499 each and am super happy.  I don't think they can be touched for under 2000/pair.

JBL Studio 590

Edit:

@ TripleC
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 4:42:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Paradigm Studio 100 V5

They are discontinued now, so you'd have to find them used.  I think they are a good tower speaker for their price range.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 4:52:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Revel
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top