Posted: 3/24/2023 12:12:48 PM EDT
Recommend me a good quality brand of Torx screwdriver for home workshop
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:40:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Wera snob checking in.

Wera or Wiha are what you seek.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 1:02:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Bohndus is what you seek. They will last a lifetime and won’t break the bank. I have had sets last over 30 years. I only replace them when I lose them. Link
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 1:11:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I really like Witte handles, the ones with the black fuzzy. The cork ones are cool, but I would tear them up in a shop.

Hazet, witte, wera, wiha, there’s a million. Scroll for a while, then hide your credit card. This site is dangerous.

https://www.kctool.com/screwdrivers/?_bc_fsnf=1&Tipstyle=Torx
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 1:56:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the suggestions
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 5:11:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Wiha
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:51:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had good luck with older Craftsman and Gearwrench sets.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 9:06:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I know you asked for “screw driver” but this set of t-handled ones from HF get used nearly daily in a heavy equipment shop.
https://www.harborfreight.com/professional-high-torque-t-handle-torx-key-set-8-pc-58772.html?utm_source=go&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=shortener

None have cheesed apart yet.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Get a security torx set too.  Or buy a set of bits and a handle you can swap them out in.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 10:12:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get a security torx set too.  Or buy a set of bits and a handle you can swap them out in.
View Quote
Wiha and WFMC . The ratchet is amazing and has a great torque rating.  Metric, standard and torx.  This has gotten me out of a bunch of jams. Made in the USA.  I have three sets of these:

You should also buy a good set of Bondhus torx L-wrenches.  They will do things you can't do with a larger tool, and the set comes with the teenie weenie bit that will save the day. I rarely use the screwdriver handle, but at least it is there.  Here is the wrench set, great for scope rings and things.  This is the ball end set, get the regular end set:

Link Posted: 3/26/2023 8:54:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I got a set of Icon T handles for blowing my KTM apart. They are really nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top