BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:39:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cool, but I can get spare parts from both CZ and Sig easily. Plus Sig or CZ will still be around 20 years from now.
View Quote

Do you know how long Robinson has been around? I bought my rifle in 2005 or 6 and they had been around for. Long time before that. If Robinson has been around for over 20 years, why wouldn’t they be around for another 20?

You better hope SIG and CZ move all their production here, friend.... because Xiden can sign an executive order today and make all imports or your precious parts illegal. Never have to worry about that with a Robinson.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:40:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Get the ACE. Mind has been dead nuts reliable with crap wolf ammo.
View Quote

That’s about all mine has ever eaten and it is still on the original gas system.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:40:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Robinson Arms supported a candidate that would have banned their own product.
View Quote

They supported Romney. And so did the rest of you a few years later.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:56:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This may not be the answer you're looking for, but I'd put that money towards stuff like optics, lights, slings, chest rig, plate carrier, gear belt, first aid stuff, comms, etc, unless you have all that stuff thoroughly covered. A decent plate carrier complete with good plates, pouches, and IFAK can run you as much as a new rifle or more.

There's lots of gun-related gear that hasn't really been effected by panic pricing. Optics don't seem any different (you can still get Vortex red dots from Palmetto for $120), lights and slings don't seem any different, good chest rigs are still very affordable, IFAKs and their contents haven't really changed, and Gen M3 Pmags are $15.

I think since this panic has been heavily driven by first-time gun owners rather than people like us who are actually into guns, those people seem to be buying an AR15 with two mags and a few boxes of ammo and thinking they're set. The types of people driving this particular panic don't seem to be thinking they need to outfit their new AR with a red dot, light, and sling. And they especially don't seem to be thinking they need to get a chest rig and an IFAK.

It's almost like the salad days only really ended for just guns and ammo.
View Quote

Yeah this is pretty much what I'm doing, If you already have decent rifles the XCR isn't going to reinvent the wheel and only drain your pocket. Plus the company has a habit of turning its back on its customers, I wouldn't want to wait for the third time they do. I like the IMI just not enough to ever buy one.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:26:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Lol @sig support 10+ years after product launch
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool, but I can get spare parts from both CZ and Sig easily. Plus Sig or CZ will still be around 20 years from now.

Lol @sig support 10+ years after product launch

This here.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:28:02 AM EDT
[#6]
How about no to both.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:52:13 AM EDT
[#7]
The XCR is dead along with all other Robinson products. Former m96 owner.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:00:35 AM EDT
[#8]
XCR.

Ace is half a pound heavier and antiquated compared to the XCR.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:35:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The XCR is dead along with all other Robinson products. Former m96 owner.
View Quote

Huh?

They’re still making XCRs. You can order one today.

(I do not own any RobArms products)
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#10]
You already have an AUG??? Don't remember if you do or not.

I say B&T .223 pistol if you don't already have an AUG.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:58:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, I can't really get into bullpups
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#12]
The XCR is one of the few guns I regret selling. Will get another at some point.

I have a ACE "pistol" with brace in 7.62x39 and I really like it but if I had to choose one, it'd be a XCR.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:22:43 AM EDT
[#13]
OP, these questions are borderline ridiculous in GD.

Some are going hate the Gali because it's based on the AK design.  Some are going to hate the XCR because or Robinson and what happened with the M96.

You are going to have to develop your own likes and hates of each, then choose which one you like the most.

Me, I take the M4 every time.  Most perfect weapon, imo.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:26:15 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm waiting for Robinson's new M96.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:26:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

been on that boycott since day1.

So im gonna say IMI.
View Quote

Poor Alex can never seem to catch a break
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:29:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think I'd let them get their cracking bolt carrier issues ironed out first.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:30:45 AM EDT
[#17]
I almost bought an ACE in 5.56 a few years ago. These days I might consider the BREN 2 carbine.

I wouldn't consider anything from Robinson due to the M96 deal and complete lack of customer support.  I want an institution to support my product, not some guy and his 20 employees; I want my warranty to matter after an employee gets hit by a bus or something.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:32:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I wouldn't be torn at all. I'm an original mid 600's serial number first gen XCR-L owner and it's no contest. The ACE is a 1 trick pony, the XCR is a truly modular fighting rifle and the only one to actually live up to that promise. I have a shitload of rounds thru mine-many thousand, mostly steel case. Still runs like a raped ape and is boringly reliable. It also has lower recoil than the fancy ultralight AR I built with the best parts for 2-Gun.

These are seriously underrated guns and the only reason I would ever sell mine would be to get a 10" .300BO with the more modern handguards they offer now. I would take this rifle into a SHTF in a heartbeat.
View Quote

Not really surprising....
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:36:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The answer is the CZ Bren 2
View Quote

OK sure but not like the SCAR isn't out and about.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:37:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Does the ace run off AR mags ?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:57:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Does the ace run off AR mags ?
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:34:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I almost bought an ACE in 5.56 a few years ago. These days I might consider the BREN 2 carbine.

I wouldn't consider anything from Robinson due to the M96 deal and complete lack of customer support.  I want an institution to support my product, not some guy and his 20 employees; I want my warranty to matter after an employee gets hit by a bus or something.
View Quote

I don’t know that I have ever heard of Robinson Armament telling customers to get bent if they had an M96, but they have told people that wanted “spare” parts they couldn’t buy them.

The M96 was a cool gun that turned out to be too expensive to produce. A lot has changed in manufacturing since then and the XCR is here to stay. If AR15.com’s Religious Fatwah didn’t kill Robinson, nothing can.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:12:48 PM EDT
[#23]
well I bought the ACE
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I wouldn't be torn at all. I'm an original mid 600's serial number first gen XCR-L owner and it's no contest. The ACE is a 1 trick pony, the XCR is a truly modular fighting rifle and the only one to actually live up to that promise. I have a shitload of rounds thru mine-many thousand, mostly steel case. Still runs like a raped ape and is boringly reliable. It also has lower recoil than the fancy ultralight AR I built with the best parts for 2-Gun.

These are seriously underrated guns and the only reason I would ever sell mine would be to get a 10" .300BO with the more modern handguards they offer now. I would take this rifle into a SHTF in a heartbeat.
View Quote

The only thing that I don't like about the XCR is that it uses proprietary parts. The trigger group is ok, but I would love to put a Geissele trigger in it. I bet it would run like a spanked ape.

You should probably talk to @XCRMonger, as she used to work there and build the rifles. She is an awesome person and can answer any questions you could possibly have about their rifle line.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:58:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The only thing that I don't like about the XCR is that it uses proprietary parts. The trigger group is ok, but I would love to put a Geissele trigger in it. I bet it would run like a spanked ape.

You should probably talk to @XCRMonger, as she used to work there and build the rifles. She is an awesome person and can answer any questions you could possibly have about their rifle line.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's my fear with the XCR as well....small little company and a gun that uses proprietary parts.

I'm pretty excited about the ACE
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#26]
The ACE should finally be here on Thursday
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top