Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2021 5:34:38 PM EDT
Will the attachment for the kitchenaid mixer suffice or do I need to upgrade to something more specialized. Putting about 20 Roma and San Marzano tomatoes in the ground this year and I am wanting to make some sauce.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 1:10:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Buhler?
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 1:14:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, how do you like it?
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 11:00:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 4:34:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't answer to mixer attachments.

I have a manual mill (Victorio VPK250) that I'm happy with. I have pondered getting a motor attachment for it. But I think I'll just get a child instead. Haha, somewhat tongue in cheek, my kids are getting old enough that they're able and eager to help with things like that.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 12:21:28 AM EDT
[#6]
20 plants ?? Better have a good one ! I had 6 Romas one year. Every other day we got a plastic grocery bag full of light bulb sized Romas. Bruschetta every night. Enjoy
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I didn't listen to Feral with his recs for # of plants and did 30+ one year. By the end of the summer, My wife would cry every time I walked in the door. We got a full years + of tomatoes. 70 lbs on one picking made it home after 3 stops to drop off tomatoes.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 2:52:28 PM EDT
[#8]
When I was 13 years old (51 years ago) my mom decided to plant a garden. She put in 64 tomato plants, half Roma and half beefstake tomatoes. We were covered up with them. She had a canning kitchen in the basement and we spent hours and hours canning tomatoes. My job was washing them and dipping them in hot water & removing the skin. I got damn good at it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top