Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2020 2:47:44 PM EDT
Does anyone have experience with the Titan glute ham developer? I am trying to put together a home gym with two other people, but none of us have experience with a ghd (our prior commercial gyms never had them). I might be able to get into a used one, but wanted to ask here before getting out the wallet. Just looking for any input, good or bad.

https://www.titan.fitness/strength/specialty-machines/lower-body/glute-%26-hamstring-developer/400435.html
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 4:02:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Some people seem to love them, and some seem to hate them (The GHD, not the Titan one specifically).

I would probably get one if I had the room, but I am very space limited and it wouldn't be worth it for me.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 4:13:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Save the money and use a buddy!

Apti Aukhadov Back Extensions 2014 Worlds Training Hall

To me, it's a lot to spend on a dedicated machine for an accessory movement, when you could improvise.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 4:14:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I own the Titan GHD and have had it for several years. Its a solid piece, no worries. It's basically a clone of the Rogue GHD.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some people seem to love them, and some seem to hate them (The GHD, not the Titan one specifically).

I would probably get one if I had the room, but I am very space limited and it wouldn't be worth it for me.
View Quote

I feel the same way. I'm a equipment whore but they take up a lot of real estate.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:39:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I have thousands of dollars in Titan equipment and it's all be rock solid.

I do not have their GHD but I picked a York GHD off of offerup and I love the GHD for ab, hamstring and low back work. It's often compared to the reverse hyper but I found that my reverse hyper was very specific and I didn't even really enjoy using it.

I use my GHD for everything from warming up, stretching, to strength training.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 11:57:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Don’t know anything about the Titan one specifically but I love GHDs. I use one weekly at my gym for abs too. I prob wouldn’t get one for my home gym to be honest unless I had a lot of real estate to fill up.

Link Posted: 7/18/2020 12:32:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a Rogue GHD that I found on Craigslist. While they take up space, it’s a great exercise that is nearly impossible to recreate without the machine.

I’ve challenged friends who are fit and strong to try to do an unassisted rep and I’ve never witnessed anyone do a good rep on their first try. I bought one primarily to help strengthen my posterior chain as to prevent injury, particularly knee injuries.

Also helps if you are a BJJ practitioner.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 12:44:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I bought a Rogue GHD that I found on Craigslist. While they take up space, it’s a great exercise that is nearly impossible to recreate without the machine.

I’ve challenged friends who are fit and strong to try to do an unassisted rep and I’ve never witnessed anyone do a good rep on their first try. I bought one primarily to help strengthen my posterior chain as to prevent injury, particularly knee injuries.

Also helps if you are a BJJ practitioner.
View Quote

They are brutal. Floor curls are close, but not the same.

I'm not entirely sure it's needed outside of some kind of specialization. I don't compete in anything, so I figure if I want something close I would just start sprinting again.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 1:34:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Got one and their reverse hyper... just buy it or both!
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:55:17 AM EDT
[#10]
OP, they have a dual GHD and reverse hyper. If you have the dough, I'd go this route...

https://www.titan.fitness/strength/specialty-machines/lower-body/glute-%26-hamstring-h-pnd-combo/400857.html
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 5:42:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I feel the same way. I'm a equipment whore but they take up a lot of real estate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have plenty of home gym floor space, and it would still be one of the last pieces I'd buy unless it was a killer deal and/or my interest was more powerlifting/strength training than overall fitness. They're definitely not without merit, but way, way down on my list of priorities when outfitting a gym.

With that said, I own a BFS version, but I was able to snag it at a local auction for $40. Even after cleaning it up and replacing the pad, I only have about $150 in it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 2:23:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for all the replies. I had a line on a used one locally, for what I thought was a decent price. Communication went from sporadic, to pretty much nonexistent with the guy...

Link Posted: 10/3/2020 12:52:32 AM EDT
[#13]
We have that exact ghd at our gym. Great choice for the money
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top