Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2022 12:11:55 PM EDT
Looking at a new watch and the Tissot Seastar 1000 caught my eye.  I have never owned a Tissot, are they good or bad?  I think they are ETA movement (is the powermatic 80 an ETA movement) and i know owned by the Swatch company.

Link Posted: 7/15/2022 12:16:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I have never seen one on that bracelet before... I have looked at Tissot for years and never pulled the trigger.
You can catch some good deals on them on the grey market. The last time i was eying Tissot ended up with a Steinhart.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 12:29:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have never seen one on that bracelet before... I have looked at Tissot for years and never pulled the trigger.
You can catch some good deals on them on the grey market. The last time i was eying Tissot ended up with a Steinhart.
View Quote

I had not either.  I am still trying to figurout how it can be sized.

this is one with a more traditional bracelet i am also looking at.

Link Posted: 7/15/2022 12:34:02 PM EDT
[#3]
On the mesh bracelet you can traditionally remove 1/4 inch segments by the clasp. Often with screw in locking pins. Not familiar with that bracelet, but I have others with mesh bracelets. Sometimes they have traditional holes in the bracelet and the clasp has a peg that you latch onto. I wouldn't sweat it.

As for Tissot, great watches, I have several. What is the price on those?
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 12:35:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an Open Heart Powermatic 80. That movement is legit.
I wouldn’t have any hesitation.

Link Posted: 7/15/2022 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#5]
So I looked up the blue dial variant with the mesh. The photos would seem to indicate that there are holes in the strap like a traditional watch strap and the diver's clasp allows you to tuck the extra length under the strap. The Omega No Time to Die uses a similar strap.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
On the mesh bracelet you can traditionally remove 1/4 inch segments by the clasp. Often with screw in locking pins. Not familiar with that bracelet, but I have others with mesh bracelets. Sometimes they have traditional holes in the bracelet and the clasp has a peg that you latch onto. I wouldn't sweat it.

As for Tissot, great watches, I have several. What is the price on those?
View Quote

Yeah, I have other mesh bracelets and know how to adjust them, this type i am not familiar with.

retail store i saw it at has them listed for ~$700.  I am sure i can find it cheaper elsewhere once i really start looking.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 12:41:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Good to know. thanks!

Quoted:
So I looked up the blue dial variant with the mesh. The photos would seem to indicate that there are holes in the strap like a traditional watch strap and the diver's clasp allows you to tuck the extra length under the strap. The Omega No Time to Die uses a similar strap.

would make sense since Omega is also owned by Swatch.  I would assume they would share technology.  Will have to look that bracelet up and see how to adjust it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 12:50:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Tissot is the baby brother of Omega like Tudor is to Rolex.

Just ordered it from Jomashop .

Use code Google20 for another $20 off. Ended up being $561 and change shipped. I have to pay tax in NY since they are located in NYC.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 12:52:10 PM EDT
[#9]
As you can see from this picture, the excess bracelet tucks under the clasp and rides parallel to the exposed band.

Link Posted: 7/15/2022 1:46:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
As you can see from this picture, the excess bracelet tucks under the clasp and rides parallel to the exposed band.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/218/Screen_Shot_2022-07-15_at_12_51_15_PM-2453704.png
View Quote

Well poop.... i dont like that setup.  I hate having the straps ride under one another, its the primary reason i dont wear a normal leather or silicone watch band.  I prefer normal bracelets with links that can be removed or shark mesh style where i can remove parts of it.  I really liked the blue dial, might snag a black one instead becasue of the bracelet..... ugh...
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 2:24:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Well poop.... i dont like that setup.  I hate having the straps ride under one another, its the primary reason i dont wear a normal leather or silicone watch band.  I prefer normal bracelets with links that can be removed or shark mesh style where i can remove parts of it.  I really liked the blue dial, might snag a black one instead becasue of the bracelet..... ugh...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/218/Screen_Shot_2022-07-15_at_12_51_15_PM-2453704.png

Wrong answer. Buy, remove the bracelet (versions with the bracelet, especially unworn always sell for more on the secondary market)  and order a 21mm silicone or leather strap of your liking.

Do NOT compromise on the dial, you'll hate yourself for it. Get the blue dial and find a decently priced NATO, Zulu, silicone or leather strap. Trust me on this one.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 3:31:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I got this blue Tissot SeaStar 1000 for Father's Day this year.  I love it!  This photo doesn't do it justice, in better lighting the blue is outstanding!  Very high quality feeling Swiss watch, sapphire crystal front and back, ceramic bezel, nice stainless build quality, decent lume.  Personally, it's easily my nicest watch.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/15/2022 4:07:09 PM EDT
[#13]
To me the Tissot SeaStar 1000
is the best sub $1,000 automatic dive watch out there
They are hard to beat & feel like a Swiss watch not a seiko dive
As posted before it is little brother to Omega

The blue & black dial is sharp. And the all blue dial is very good locking also.
They are not to big with the sapphire crystal on front & back

To adjust the mess band, you do not take any links out & it can NOT be shortened.  You flip a little think and slide it. Then lock it back.

It takes a 21mm band
Here are all factory bands offered for it.

Link Posted: 7/16/2022 9:36:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks everyone!  I think I will go for the blue black and get the metal link bracelet for it, now that I know the part number.

But where else sells these at discounted prices?  The link above (awesome price) is sold out now…
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:05:39 AM EDT
[#15]
@BMANSAR15

that is a beautiful watch.  I would jump all over that if i didnt already have a full blue face Deep Blue, like this one (in case its not obvious.... I like blue and blue/black watches);

@G_S

thanks for posting that picture with the part numbers, very helpful!
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:53:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Very nice looking watch, for sure.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 1:38:45 PM EDT
[#17]
There is also the SeaStar 2000
With the black & blue Omega style wave dial with the black ceramic bezel.

And the metal band.
But it is a thicker watch than the 1000 with the pressure release on the 9 o'clock on the outside of the case.

If you want me to post some side by side photo of the 1000 & 2000 let me know.

Link Posted: 7/16/2022 1:41:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

There is also the SeaStar 2000
With the black & blue Omega style wave dial with the black ceramic bezel.

And the metal band.
But it is a thicker watch than the 1000 with the pressure release on the 9 o'clock on the outside of the case.

If you want me to post some side by side photo of the 1000 & 2000 let me know.

https://i.imgur.com/ZotWCTD.jpeg
View Quote

@G_S

I would love that. I was also looking at the 2000 on the Tissot website. Would love to see them side by side.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#19]
The SeaStar 2000 is a great looking watch as well, and likely more heavily built.  Here is a quick pic I took on the fly this morning with my blue Tissot on the wrist.  I love blue faced watches.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/16/2022 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I love my Le Locle Powermatic 80. It's very accurate and looks sharp. It gets compliments often.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 10:13:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Nothing wrong with Tissots at all.  I bought a titanium quartz one for my mom over a decade ago and it’s still kicking.  Change the battery once every few years and it’s good.  I think they’re great watches for the money.  Their mechanical movements are great as well, A PRX Powermatic 80 is on my short list for sure.  80hrs of power reserve is awesome.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 8:41:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Company has legit long term watch history,
And at about 500 bucks on a bracelet is a fantastic buy.

A posted a decent amount more detail on another post around here-

But there as been a Renaissance of Swiss auto divers and great bang for the buck option the past decade or so.

Link Posted: 7/20/2022 10:41:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Thanks all!

I am working with a fellow member here and will be pulling the trigger on a blue on blue SeaStar 1000.  

I had thought I wanted the black on blue, but realized when i pulled my Deep Blue watch out, that it was a black on blue (hadnt worn it in quite a while due to it needing to be serviced, which i am sending to this member to have it serviced also).

Will post pics once I have it in hand next week.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:46:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Had one for a bit with the blue face. It was a sharp looking watch but I just couldn’t get over the “T” on the second hand. It was clunky and too obvious IMO. The lume was just ok for less money seiko’s is much better. The power reserve was great. A solid watch overall, but for me, I think there are better options for the price point
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 11:12:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Had one for a bit with the blue face. It was a sharp looking watch but I just couldn’t get over the “T” on the second hand. It was clunky and too obvious IMO. The lume was just ok for less money seiko’s is much better. The power reserve was great. A solid watch overall, but for me, I think there are better options for the price point
View Quote

Such as? I have a lot of other brands in the price point, but I find that they don’t generally compare. I absolutely agree that the T on the second hand is over the top. I got my Seastar in today and that is the one thing that has me questioning whether to return it honestly.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 2:17:11 PM EDT
[#26]
I decided to keep it. So many orphan watches that need homes...

Link Posted: 7/26/2022 9:23:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Received my watch yesterday and all I can say is, wow... its nice and the Blue on Blue is amazing in the sun.

I have to give props to our member @G_S for hooking me up with this but also taking the time to show me both the 1000 and 2000 series of watches (and he really took the time, giving me measurements, side by side comparisons, etc.).  I don’t want to get anyone in trouble, but if you have timepiece needs (and more), give him a shout.

And, here it is, in the sun!

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 2:54:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I had not either.  I am still trying to figurout how it can be sized.

https://i.imgur.com/4JvAcWi.jpg

this is one with a more traditional bracelet i am also looking at.

https://i.imgur.com/z2lVrAz.jpg
View Quote
Cabo International airport had one with the milanese bracelet last week. I think you slide the little clasp back and forth over the milanese to get the tightness you want !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top