User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 22
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 7:54:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So apparently Delta is upgrading 1036 pilots.
View Quote

Do they have to show ID at their checkrides?
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 9:04:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

All the airlines have gone woke, yet ask for ID.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 9:38:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well played sir
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hat tip to you!
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So apparently Delta is upgrading 1036 pilots.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 10:29:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wonder how it would work if I refused to provide an ID for my next checkride... .  Look...I'm just trying to be woke!
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:22:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Half of all candidates in the United Aviate program will be women or “poc”, so that’s cool....
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:30:48 AM EDT
[#8]
If what I'm seeing in the factory is any indication, they are working to push some 37's out the door, still don't have alot of the folks back to work yet, but callbacks are going on, I mean, they called me back to work after 4 months making good money on unemployment.

1st shift is humping along, 2nd is just starting to get re-staffed, almost all of the recalls are going to 2nd. Rumors say 3rd will be back up and running within 6 months or so. I got royally hosed being a transportation guy, they tried to put me in a crane, and when I wouldn't do that they shoved me in a tool crib. I get paid well to do very little, but it's boring as fuck.

From what I hear the 87's are down to 1 a month. I'm not sure what rate we're at on the 67's now that we are putting the whole front end together and shipping them out like the 87's. From what I understand 777 rates haven't been changed.

Hard to tell if 37's are picking back up or not, we had a stockpile across the street that got shoved out the door so we could bill the big B for them, but they all need some rework before heading up to the big B. Part of that seems to be due to being stored, and the other part is something to do with the seat tracks. I know the goal was to have the rate back in the 40's per month before the end of the year, but they are doing a bang up job fucking everyone with on the recalls that it's hard to believe they'll get there. When you go shoving people into totally different jobs than what they did just because it's the same job code, it really doesn't make for happy productive workers, and most are tired of getting bent over by the company AND the union.

With the SW sale it'll be interesting to see if that is going to have any effect here, or if that will just eat up some of the stockpile from the orders that backed out. I imagine they've still got a fuck ton of unfinished max's parked everywhere with as hard as we were pumping them out from 19 to mid 2020.

Took a hell of a paycut to go back, but at least I've got insurance again, but I'm making less than half what I was on unemployment, and shaving more than a dollar off my hourly because they tried to put me in a cage 4 stories up, really helps too.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:37:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Regarding pilot hiring, my scoring from home...

Continuing hiring:

FedEx- 800+
UPS- unknown
Spirit- 24+/month
Frontier- unknown, about 20-30/month

Announced imminent hiring:

United
Kalitta
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 9:50:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Half of all candidates in the United Aviate program will be women or “poc”, so that’s cool....
View Quote

I guess united didn't learn from it's mistakes from 30+ years ago. Qualifications trumps wokeness.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 10:42:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Kalitta just announced today. Need 4000 hours. Lol.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:05:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Kalitta just announced today. Need 4000 hours. Lol.
View Quote

They’ve always said military rated needs fewer hours.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:06:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I guess united didn't learn from it's mistakes from 30+ years ago. Qualifications trumps wokeness.
View Quote

Asking airline management to recall 30 years ago is the equivalent of asking 8th graders about the War of 1812.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:38:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They’ve always said military rated needs fewer hours.
View Quote

Yup, if you flew the right stuff.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 1:13:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Regarding pilot hiring, my scoring from home...

Continuing hiring:

FedEx- 800+
UPS- unknown
Spirit- 24+/month
Frontier- unknown, about 20-30/month

Announced imminent hiring:

United
Kalitta
View Quote

Atlas around 800 this calendar year.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 5:29:19 AM EDT
[#16]
I landed in AMS Sunday morning at about 09:30. I have never seen Schiphol so quiet.

We then took the limo down to Germany. Our Dutch driver was openly calling it out as BS and a scam. I was encouraged to hear that not all Europeans are brainwashed sheep. The roads were clear and we hauled ass like the old days on the autobahn.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:42:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Asking airline management to recall 30 years ago is the equivalent of asking 8th graders about the War of 1812.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah but but but what does the cash flow look like?

that is what's important!
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I landed in AMS Sunday morning at about 09:30. I have never seen Schiphol so quiet.

We then took the limo down to Germany. Our Dutch driver was openly calling it out as BS and a scam. I was encouraged to hear that not all Europeans are brainwashed sheep. The roads were clear and we hauled ass like the old days on the autobahn.
View Quote

LEJ has had massive anti lockdown protests.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:27:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Currently hiring or announcing imminent hiring:

Major:
United
American
Spirit
Frontier

Cargo:
FedEx
UPS
Amerijet
Atlas

Regional:
SkyWest
Endeavor
PSA
Commutair
GoJet

Frac/national 135/91k:
NetJets
FlexJet
WheelsUp
JetLinx
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 8:38:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Due to the restarted flow to AA, Piedmont will be new hiring FOs shortly.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 9:09:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Envoy recalling all furloughed pilots as well. Approximately 250 furloughed, training at 50 per month until all are on the line.

New hires also due to flow restarting sometime this year. Almost 50 FO’s awarded captain earlier this month.

Some people screwed themselves. As captain, transferring from one aircraft to another (such as Emb145 to Emb175) incurs you a 1 year flow lock. Not expecting flow any time soon, a lot of people did that.

Envoy also bought half a dozen used E170’s from Europe that will be on line in the next few months. Offsets some retired E140’s.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 9:17:55 PM EDT
[#22]
That’s exceptionally shitty even by Voy standards for a seat lock to preclude flow. Wow.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That’s exceptionally shitty even by Voy standards for a seat lock to preclude flow. Wow.
View Quote

I mean, no surprise. Regionals are trash, and thats low by trash standards.

And I fly for Piedmont, so I know low. (but I like my job)
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 5:41:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Flows are a funky animal but nothing surprises me with the regionals.   My regional had a flow (that I wasn't a part of) and it worked great for the few thay actually had it.  Thankfully I was able to get hired through the normal process.  

In other news, DALs big bid just closed and we have guys who were recently in a no fly status going to Captain.  2015 hires holding west coast 75/76 Captain.  What a whacky time!
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 7:59:36 AM EDT
[#25]
In 9/11 and 2008, the Euro carriers were islands of stability. Now, the opposite is true.

Right now it’s crazy land grab as everyone is trying to get market share and not leave money on the table. I don’t know if it’s sustainable or not, but for now I think we will some significant hiring.

On the other hand, I had a Captain with friends in Europe relate to me that an aviation college in Sweden shut down for COVID, and the students were “go find something else to do,” in some cases weeks or months from completion of CPLs or other licenses. I think that’s common as the airlines are going to get squeezed on carbon and continuing lockdowns.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 1:56:53 PM EDT
[#26]
I certainly hope they get the hiring/training going most ricky tick.  Come Monday, I'll have 81 hours for the month, on short call reserve.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 6:42:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I certainly hope they get the hiring/training going most ricky tick.  Come Monday, I'll have 81 hours for the month, on short call reserve.
View Quote

Ha, same. I am crossing 80 hours, no days un-utilized on reserve this month.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 7:14:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Ha, same. I am crossing 80 hours, no days un-utilized on reserve this month.
View Quote

Yup.  I've flown every reserve day so far this month.  We have an 85 hour monthly max on reserve, so I'll get my last two reserve days off, only because I'll be timed out on Sunday.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 8:58:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 12:45:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yup.  I've flown every reserve day so far this month.  We have an 85 hour monthly max on reserve, so I'll get my last two reserve days off, only because I'll be timed out on Sunday.
View Quote

Man, that’s a ton of flying.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 2:00:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It really is.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

??
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 8:46:43 AM EDT
[#33]
So much for me timing out this month.

I came down with a very unpleasant case of stomach flu, or food poisoning on my first layover.  Spent the last two days in a hotel room more sick than I can remember being in a very long time.  I can finally keep water down this morning, so here's hoping I'll be able to dead head home later today.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 8:58:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Flows are a funky animal but nothing surprises me with the regionals.   My regional had a flow (that I wasn't a part of) and it worked great for the few thay actually had it.  Thankfully I was able to get hired through the normal process.  

In other news, DALs big bid just closed and we have guys who were recently in a no fly status going to Captain.  2015 hires holding west coast 75/76 Captain.  What a whacky time!
View Quote

I think you are seeing more of a reluctance to commute  long distances
and do international flying and stay more senior. Same thing happened after 9/11
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 9:43:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Soooooo.....Who is hiring?
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:25:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Snap. What happened?

To answer you, basically everyone.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 11:53:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Snap. What happened?

To answer you, basically everyone.
View Quote

IM Inbound.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shit man, hope all is well.  As was already stated, pretty much everyone is starting to hire or will be my the fall.  Get them apps out there!  

Link Posted: 5/27/2021 5:36:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Shit man, hope all is well.  As was already stated, pretty much everyone is starting to hire or will be my the fall.  Get them apps out there!  

View Quote

Thanks man. All isn’t lost but it’s not where I need to be.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Purple still hiring at the fastest pace in the last decade.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 12:12:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

From what I hear they want to increase the number of new hires each month.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 1:57:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Does it still take a number of internal recommendations?
Page / 22
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top