BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 22
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:56:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As a 121 guy that hasn’t flown 135, I regard that as BS business practices and despise those operators.  If you have to trap talent, your company sucks, or your business model is flawed.  Rationalization is just that. No company I have ever worked for or with that practices predatory restrictions on talented people is a good place to work.  Generally, the business has some major hidden flaws.  

If you want to start another thread on the benefits of 135 ops and your business rules, feel free.
View Quote

Ffs nobody is trapping anyone, its a filter to weed out bad hires. If you guys end up furloughed and need a job outside 121, you're going to get asked this question, so do as you will. Consider it a p.s.a. for when you need a job.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:59:48 AM EDT
[#2]
So anyway, think the airlines are going to take cash?

They are good at piling it up and lighting it on fire, for sure.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 1:00:30 PM EDT
[#3]
deleted.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 1:02:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 2:10:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I think they will... my question is what airlines will meet the requirements to get money.  Follow on question, is the Gov is essentially picking the winners?
View Quote

Never Ben dun befo.

As the .gov is essentially picking winners and losers, will the government be so helpful to the employee groups to be merged?
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 11:11:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You're reading it wrong....Someone looking for a non 121 job should expect that question, and have an answer in mind.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
You're reading it wrong....Someone looking for a non 121 job should expect that question, and have an answer in mind.

I'm not reading it wrong at all, I totally get it.  I'm just saying that I would avoid such a place because I know that there is a high likelihood that I'd go back.  Before I went to the airlines, I passed on an offer for lunch [interview] with the Chief pilot of a fortune 500 company that a buddy offered to setup.  With how much I'd need to be gone with the Air Guard, I didn't think it would have been fair to the rest of the pilots in the department (if I was even offered a job), who would have to pick up my slack when I'm TDY/deployed.  I have lots of close friends in various sizes of corporate outfits and understand their plight.  That said, none of their places require a contract and of the few I've asked about the current situation, none said they'd require a resignation...just a handshake of ~2 years, which I find completely reasonable.  

Quoted:
If you guys end up furloughed and need a job outside 121, you're going to get asked this question, so do as you will. Consider it a p.s.a. for when you need a job.

Also a p.s.a, many airlines will file that resignation away in the trash can and will still allow the pilots back when they're recalled.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 6:42:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nope. Corporates have always provided training, exactly the same as 121. It would be kind of impossible not to, wouldn’t you say? Now, if you can’t understand the difference in a corporate DO hiring a furloughed airline pilot, vs. one with an established corporate career path, then there’s nothing left to discuss. Also if all you consider is salary for a job flying a plane, you’ll never land a sweet corporate gig. It’s an entirely different career than 121. Many pro’s, some con’s, and not comparable at all. A corporate DO is not going to hire any pilot just because they are out of a job. They’re going to hire one who has the same career goals, wants to be in this industry, support the company, fit in with the crews, and be here long term. None of that even gets into work environment and compensation, which can range from crap to absolutely outstanding. A 121 guy that is unwilling to give up the recall frankly just said he’s not the right guy. A furloughed airline pilot looking for a job in this side of flying needs to understand that, and act as they see fit.
View Quote

The funny thing is that in 24 months, there will be a raft of articles in Professional Pilot of DOs wondering why no one wants to 91/135 as a career outside of an outstanding few flight departments (that usually have enough resumes on hand to sink a battleship, anyway.)

As a person did hiring/firing under 135/91 during the "pilot shortage" in 2018-2019, I understand the points you are making. However, that part of the industry is going to have understand that it will be facing a talent shortage in the very near future, and that paying wages/benefits that track with the Majors is the way to attract and retain that talent.

If your management customers don't get that, they need to be educated. Charter is a harder nut to crack, due to the uneven application of regulations in that industry that often directly effect profit/loss/viability.

ETA: Another huge issue is that 135/91 hiring tends to be very incestuous to locales. That's good, in the sense that as airplanes are bought and sold, there are options for guys who show up to an empty hanger one day.

That said, 135/91 has incestuous hiring tendencies, which tend to trap bad habits and old ways of doing things.

I don't think that one is better or worse, but I do think that certainly forward of the cockpit door, 135/91 could stand industry wide for occasion infusions of fresh blood.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 9:26:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 7:30:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Loads and block hours are better on the regional side so far. I still am going to be a reserve captain forever
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:08:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Lots of rumors floating around about calling back all our pilots (DAL) by the end of the year, and potentially hiring quite a few for summer of 2022.  I'd normally discount these, but I now heard it from multiple, decently connected sources.  Potentially will be announced this week at a town hall meeting by FLT OPS.  I'm skeptical that they can even train the numbers of pilots they're talking, but who knows.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 3:37:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:11:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Lots of rumors floating around about calling back all our pilots (DAL) by the end of the year, and potentially hiring quite a few for summer of 2022.  I'd normally discount these, but I now heard it from multiple, decently connected sources.  Potentially will be announced this week at a town hall meeting by FLT OPS.  I'm skeptical that they can even train the numbers of pilots they're talking, but who knows.
View Quote

I asked my old navy bud (former union thug) and he hasn't heard anything, though he has tuned it all out now that he is not a union guy anymore. If you are in DTW you may have flown with him.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:26:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I asked my old navy bud (former union thug) and he hasn't heard anything, though he has tuned it all out now that he is not a union guy anymore. If you are in DTW you may have flown with him.
View Quote

Some of the rumors I posted above were confirmed in a "town hall" meeting with the heads of training, standards and crew resources that was hosted on Tuesday.  It remains to be seen when hiring starts, but my pessimism about hiring late this year is slowly turning to optimism.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:02:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Some of the rumors I posted above were confirmed in a "town hall" meeting with the heads of training, standards and crew resources that was hosted on Tuesday.  It remains to be seen when hiring starts, but my pessimism about hiring late this year is slowly turning to optimism.
View Quote

That is great news! Hope things are on the comeback.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:13:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That is great news! Hope things are on the comeback.
View Quote

I hope so as well.   Some more good news...just received an e-mail stating they're cancelling the remaining 130 displacements from the May 2020 displacement bid.  Also, the next bid will finally include Capt and WB FO spots.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:35:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Czech Airlines just furloughed its remaining staff.

The fifth oldest airline in the world...survived communism, killed by COVID and Chinese corporate looting.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:24:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Piedmont had a town hall today.

In summary, our performance is great, we are getting a big chunk of new hours in April, Chicago is here to stay for us, DCA is gone, and Canada is curtailed.

We are doing a bunch of point to point for the Jetblue thing with AA out of BOS come April (I have no, zero, nada details on it).
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Piedmont had a town hall today.

In summary, our performance is great, we are getting a big chunk of new hours in April, Chicago is here to stay for us, DCA is gone, and Canada is curtailed.

We are doing a bunch of point to point for the Jetblue thing with AA out of BOS come April (I have no, zero, nada details on it).
View Quote

DCA flying for PDT stretched back to the Henson days.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:53:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

DCA flying for PDT stretched back to the Henson days.
View Quote

Yea, we are off and on in DCA, so who knows if this is permanent.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 6:45:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Fellas, what are my prospects for April 2022 hire?

Stats:

Current F/A-18E/F but not flying much (dumbass staff job)
Total hours are 3200 with over 2900 F/A-18 hours

When I apply I am guessing somewhere around 75 hours during the last year (maybe could get to 100 but it will be close)

Looking for any major to hire me if I am lucky enough for that
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:25:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Stats:

When I apply I am guessing somewhere around 75 hours during the last year (maybe could get to 100 but it will be close)

View Quote

I've been retired for a while now, so I'm somewhat out of the loop, but, I think it's too far out to predict what will happen a year from now.  Bottom line, is that, IF the majors are hiring, and you have all your ducks in a row, you probably have a reasonable shot.  If they are not hiring, then you are just out of luck.  

I know that is rather vague, but it really just depends on what the airlines are doing a year from now.  All you can do is be ready, when you separate from the Navy, and hope the majors need pilots.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:40:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Stats:

View Quote

Frankly, assuming any hiring is occurring and there are no real black marks in your record, you'll be a top tier candidate. At Purple, for one, it seems they like Navy/Marine strike guys and USAF C-17 pilots. As an end career strike guy, I don't think your lack of time will be immediately disqualifying. However, who knows...some want 200 in the last two years and are hard-core about. Some are like, he's lucky to be flying at all.

This is a really good time to do two things, knowing no more than I do. First, its a great time to start reaching out into your network. Second, and really coincident with the first, is start rank ordering what you want out of a job. As a bottom tier candidate, I really took the "first one that hires me" route and it really worked out beyond my expectations. As a top tier candidate, you'll likely have more choices.

That means figuring how where you want to live, and the parts of the contract that appeal to you. The profiles on places like Airline Pilot Central are a good first blush, but talking to line pilots will give you a far better idea of what to expect. Are you money hungry? Do you want to live in Vegas or Florida, i.e. somewhere specific? You want to spend 20+ nights at home? Is corporate flying appealing?

While commuting is possible, understand that its a hit to your personal time and there is opportunity cost. I joke when Captains ask about my hobbies, I say "commuting." Now, if you're really rudder hard over on living 2 hours outside of Kalispell, you'll be commuting, but you and family (assuming) need to go into it with eyes wide open.

Also, you'll likely be taking some income hit year one, so now is a good time to put finances in order to manage that.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:08:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Frankly, assuming any hiring is occurring and there are no real black marks in your record, you'll be a top tier candidate. At Purple, for one, it seems they like Navy/Marine strike guys and USAF C-17 pilots. As an end career strike guy, I don't think your lack of time will be immediately disqualifying. However, who knows...some want 200 in the last two years and are hard-core about. Some are like, he's lucky to be flying at all.

This is a really good time to do two things, knowing no more than I do. First, its a great time to start reaching out into your network. Second, and really coincident with the first, is start rank ordering what you want out of a job. As a bottom tier candidate, I really took the "first one that hires me" route and it really worked out beyond my expectations. As a top tier candidate, you'll likely have more choices.

That means figuring how where you want to live, and the parts of the contract that appeal to you. The profiles on places like Airline Pilot Central are a good first blush, but talking to line pilots will give you a far better idea of what to expect. Are you money hungry? Do you want to live in Vegas or Florida, i.e. somewhere specific? You want to spend 20+ nights at home? Is corporate flying appealing?

While commuting is possible, understand that its a hit to your personal time and there is opportunity cost. I joke when Captains ask about my hobbies, I say "commuting." Now, if you're really rudder hard over on living 2 hours outside of Kalispell, you'll be commuting, but you and family (assuming) need to go into it with eyes wide open.

Also, you'll likely be taking some income hit year one, so now is a good time to put finances in order to manage that.
View Quote

Good advice.

I’m kinda in the just be happy to be hired camp. I’ve done well with money and will be having a pension as well. We are completely open to living anywhere for the most part. No California for obvious reasons. I’d rather live in base but a one leg commute is doable. I don’t think I could do multiple leg commutes. At least not for a long time anyways. I’m going to try and do everything I can for hours in the next year. I should get around 20 on a boat det later this year and if nothing else I can go to the FRS and ask to hop in some backseats for copilot time.

Edit, no black marks and I’m certain I have friends in every major so getting letters of rec should be good.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:17:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Good advice.

I’m kinda in the just be happy to be hired camp. I’ve done well with money and will be having a pension as well. We are completely open to living anywhere for the most part. No California for obvious reasons. I’d rather live in base but a one leg commute is doable. I don’t think I could do multiple leg commutes. At least not for a long time anyways. I’m going to try and do everything I can for hours in the next year. I should get around 20 on a boat det later this year and if nothing else I can go to the FRS and ask to hop in some backseats for copilot time.

Edit, no black marks and I’m certain I have friends in every major so getting letters of rec should be good.
View Quote

Yeah. Its really a question of hiring/economy/your desires rank ordered. LORs have different status everywhere. Avoid a two leg commute. Its crushing.

Honestly, no where more than civilian aviation is Happiness defined as reality minus expectations.

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:47:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Stats:

View Quote

You will be very, very, very competitive at any airline hiring.

Have you hit up squadron mates for internals? Or at least where you plan to?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:45:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Letters from people that have flown with you, at the company you apply too are a big big plus.

Normal or above normal career progression and leadership roles are also a big plus ie. instructor, Stan Eval guy ( not sure what you Navy guys call it, ie gives check rides ) , any job with the word commander in it starting with flight commander including mission commander. Believe it or not I got a lot of mileage out of being a CRM Instructor, even though I got sent to that school probably as a punishment to learn me CRM.

But when it comes right down to it, it all depends on timing.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:58:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree with all of the previous wisdom -- I think you'll be just fine in the grand scheme.

I just wanted to add, if the majors aren't calling you by the time you separate, don't be afraid of going to the regionals as an interim step.

I retired from Big Blue from a non-flying gig in '15.  I had been flying/instructing at the base Aero Club to stay current, with a little corporate flying on the side, during my last year to try and meet the currency bars.  It wasn't enough, so I eventually took a job at a regional.  Almost immediately as soon as I hit those 100 hour/200 hour recency hurdles (about 5-6 months after being hired), I began to get interview calls from the Big 5.  In all, I spent about 14 months at the regionals.

Outside of the financial suck of it, I found it to be an excellent experience, and one which helped mature my "airline" airmanship immensely. It had the (not so insignificant) benefits of giving me additional stories to tell at interviews that weren't military flying stories, gave me better insight into how the 121 world wanted me to answer those "WWYD" questions in the interview, and it gave a big leg up when it came to training at the airline I eventually settled at.

If you can avoid a tour at the regionals, by all means please do. But if your majors don't come-a-knockin' in a timely fashion, a job at the regionals has a lot of upside and very little downside for your path to the career job you want.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:26:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Stats:

View Quote

You will be highly highly competitive.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Letters from people that have flown with you, at the company you apply too are a big big plus.

Normal or above normal career progression and leadership roles are also a big plus ie. instructor, Stan Eval guy ( not sure what you Navy guys call it, ie gives check rides ) , any job with the word commander in it starting with flight commander including mission commander. Believe it or not I got a lot of mileage out of being a CRM Instructor, even though I got sent to that school probably as a punishment to learn me CRM.

But when it comes right down to it, it all depends on timing.
View Quote

Most of my quals were fairly tactical (CVW Strike Lead, SFWT 4I, NVG-I, squadron commander, etc). I was gonna get a NATOPS-I as the squadron CO but that wouldve looked really bad to the JO's so I passed......

All, thanks for the good advice
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:56:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I agree with all of the previous wisdom -- I think you'll be just fine in the grand scheme.

I just wanted to add, if the majors aren't calling you by the time you separate, don't be afraid of going to the regionals as an interim step.

I retired from Big Blue from a non-flying gig in '15.  I had been flying/instructing at the base Aero Club to stay current, with a little corporate flying on the side, during my last year to try and meet the currency bars.  It wasn't enough, so I eventually took a job at a regional.  Almost immediately as soon as I hit those 100 hour/200 hour recency hurdles (about 5-6 months after being hired), I began to get interview calls from the Big 5.  In all, I spent about 14 months at the regionals.

Outside of the financial suck of it, I found it to be an excellent experience, and one which helped mature my "airline" airmanship immensely. It had the (not so insignificant) benefits of giving me additional stories to tell at interviews that weren't military flying stories, gave me better insight into how the 121 world wanted me to answer those "WWYD" questions in the interview, and it gave a big leg up when it came to training at the airline I eventually settled at.

If you can avoid a tour at the regionals, by all means please do. But if your majors don't come-a-knockin' in a timely fashion, a job at the regionals has a lot of upside and very little downside for your path to the career job you want.
View Quote

Yeah I am ready to do whatever I need to get this thing going. Luckily I have a good nest egg to cover finacials. Well, until Biden has his way I suppose
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:50:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Good advice.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good advice.

I was the same way, and after a lifetime of experience, I can tell you with certainty, it’s the wrong approach.   You’re in the catbird seat.  You can afford to be selective.  
At the airlines, Your life, your happiness, your future and your income, is defined by the following: Contract; Company profitability; Future growth prospects; Location; Corporate Culture; Seniority list.    There is a massive difference between companies that might look pretty similar on paper.  By massive, I mean multiple millions of dollars, not to mention satisfaction and happiness which goes far beyond mere money.   Right now, you don’t know what you don’t know.
If I were you, I would direct all of my energy into learning everything about each of the Majors, then rank them, then put 97% of my life's energy into getting hired at my #1 pick.   Be aggressive.   Immerse yourself in the airline world, so you understand the nuances of the respective Contracts. Airlinepilotcentral.com is a good place to start, and we have pilots here from every company, who would be happy to share their observations.   Fwiw, Fedex, Delta, maybe UPS, are widely considered to be the best right now, but research all the majors. IM me if you have any questions.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:37:03 PM EDT
[#33]
According to Aero Crew News, Delta is returning all pilots to active flying status.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
According to Aero Crew News, Delta is returning all pilots to active flying status.
View Quote

Yep, Delta is aggressively going for market share which they think will be greatly expanded this coming summer and for summer 2022.

They are talking about starting up the hiring process once they get all the pilots through training and back on the line. the goal is to be full up by spring 2022.

At least that is what I read online.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:38:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Ya, word today from the VP of Flight Ops was all UNA back on the line by October.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 10:10:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Our load factors are up. Some airlines are hiring.

Things are looking not so shitty.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 11:11:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Rode American from Charlotte to Nashville recently and it was packed. Seemed most of the other inbounds were similar.

The airport as a whole was busy.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 8:35:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

International is still relatively dead and I think it will be for at least another year.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:09:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

International is still relatively dead and I think it will be for at least another year.
View Quote

Yep. At least.

I wonder how much the legacies will hire, and how much the early outs changed the pre-Covid calculations for age based retirements.

I don't know if WN will hire much...they were pretty overstaffed prior to this waiting on the MAX. The LCCs are ramping up as hard as possible.

I think the next 12 months domestically will be a CASM war as airlines scramble for market share, gates and routes.

The Legacies debt load is substantial...I think the US3 have over 120 billion in debt between them, and thats going to eat into profits, even if everyone is flying as much as we hope.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 11:01:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yep. At least.

I wonder how much the legacies will hire, and how much the early outs changed the pre-Covid calculations for age based retirements.

I don't know if WN will hire much...they were pretty overstaffed prior to this waiting on the MAX. The LCCs are ramping up as hard as possible.

I think the next 12 months domestically will be a CASM war as airlines scramble for market share, gates and routes.

The Legacies debt load is substantial...I think the US3 have over 120 billion in debt between them, and thats going to eat into profits, even if everyone is flying as much as we hope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. At least.

Last time the demand collapsed, The legacies used consolidation to get back on their feet. There really isn't that option anymore.

I think there is a good chance the so called LCC are going to expand and grow and snag market share because they can.

The legacy airline strength are their international routes and the domestic routes feeding that, along with the domestic business customer, that is where they make their money. I don't see either of those coming back any time soon. The leisure market might and probably is showing that already, but the legacy companies don't make their money on the leisure market, they just fill empty seats with leisure to increase their profits on the business and international traveler.If you aren't going to the EU on Delta or Asia on United, or down south on Amercian, there isn't a need to get on any of those to just cross the country or go up and down the coasts.

i think the legacy carriers will try and fail, and end up in CH11. The debt load will crush them without the business and international markets.

But i am just guessing.  I know one airline who is doing everything to grab market share and I think the extra expense incurred by ramping up early to be in a  position to do that and the market not coming back as fast as they think it will, will end up driving up their cash burn and it won't end well.

Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:10:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Stats:

Total hours are 3200 with over 2900 F/A-18 hours...
View Quote

Do whatever you have to do to have flown 100 hours within the last 12 months and apply to FedEx.  FedEx is planning to hire ~850 pilots over the next 18 months.  I had similar professional stats to what you have when I got hired.  I would start on your application now.  It took me about a year from application submission to walking on the property.  

My commute from DFW is pretty easy and doesn’t cut into my off-time too much.  I would much rather commute from Texas then live in Memphis.  

Feel free to PM me with any questions about FedEx.  I have zero to do with hiring, but I would be happy to pass along what I’ve learned since I started.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 6:43:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Do whatever you have to do to have flown 100 hours within the last 12 months and apply to FedEx.  FedEx is planning to hire ~850 pilots over the next 18 months.  I had similar professional stats to what you have when I got hired.  I would start on your application now.  It took me about a year from application submission to walking on the property.  

My commute from DFW is pretty easy and doesn’t cut into my off-time too much.  I would much rather commute from Texas then live in Memphis.  

Feel free to PM me with any questions about FedEx.  I have zero to do with hiring, but I would be happy to pass along what I’ve learned since I started.  
View Quote

I have a buddy that's in indoc right now that had less than 100 hours in the last year.  So apparently it's not a hard rule.

ETA: Former Navy guy coming from a disassociated boat tour.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Well not a airline but I got a 135 gig flying Hawkers.  At CAE now getting my type. I think things are looking up.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Well apparently United is going to resume hiring.

Jet Blue is pulling together people who were in their interview process.

I saw a letter that Delta sent out for people who had a CJO to update their info and reminded them that their CJO’s are valid for 24 months.

Multiple regionals are hiring.

Southwest ordered 100 Max’s.

Somehow AA has paid off $2.8 B in debt.

AA returning all temporarily parked aircraft to service.

Delta no longer blocking middle seats, or won’t be soon.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 4:42:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Yup. Ive had 2 trips in the last 10 days, and I was full almost every leg.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 12:35:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yup. Ive had 2 trips in the last 10 days, and I was full almost every leg.
View Quote

Same, it picked up noticeably for spring break and has not slowed down. I expected a sharp drop off but haven’t seen it yet, which I’m glad about.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 10:33:38 AM EDT
[#47]
sounds like good news.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 10:42:49 AM EDT
[#48]
The airports and flights, at least in the AA system, are packed. Its crazy.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
sounds like good news.
View Quote

Flew non-rev recently, worked through the middle of the month and anecdotal evidence from friends at work suggest loads are rebounding significantly.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 11:13:01 PM EDT
[#50]
So apparently Delta is upgrading 1036 pilots.
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top