Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2021 11:25:11 PM EDT
What would you say are the best to worst gun manufacturer warranties?  I know places like Ruger have a good rep, and other are not near as easy to work with.

Here is a sample list:

Glock
Sig
CZ
S&W
Ruger
Walther
Springfield
Hi Point
Savage
Remington
Mossberg
Canik
Colt
Kimber
Beretta
Keltec
Browning
Benelli
H&K
FN
Taurus
Charter Arms

Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:25:58 PM EDT
[#1]
SOLGW

Very top of whatever list anyone here posts. Not a single warranty I know that comes close.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:30:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ll give Ruger credit on their warranty.

I bought an LCP a while back for some reason (I may have been drunk) and it was completely fucked, couldn’t cycle 3 rounds without jamming.

Ruger sent me a return label and scheduled a UPS pickup within two days. Within a week they’d sent it back with a new everything. It works great! It can even shoot a full mag without jamming!

That’s all I’ve got.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:37:51 PM EDT
[#3]
The only time I've ever had to go back to the manufacturer was when I lost a C clip on a Sig522. Called them up and asked what the size of the c clip was so I could order a couple off McMaster or whatever. They sent me every internal part for the bolt assembly except the bolt its self! I've got a box of spare parts when all I wanted was a $0.10 c clip. Springs, pins, clips, guide rods, you name it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:38:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Ruger and Palmetto State Armory have been great. I would buy any product from them with confidence even if it is just for their warranty.

I had a good experience with Sig with their P320 "upgrade" process.

Both Mossberg and CZ told me to pound sand because I was not the original buyer. I figured out how to fix the products and would still buy from them but definitely not a great warranty.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:39:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Edit is broken on my phone. It just deletes everything.

I want to say I called pierce grip too about some +2 bases for the BHP. Had one fail. They sent me all of the spare parts for those they could find. It's wasn't much but I have another+2 for the BHP now!
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:41:17 PM EDT
[#6]
S&W used to be top-notch but now I rate them with Taurus.
Ruger just sent me a new mag for my Ruger American 308 without even asking for one. Just asked about the mag hanging up on the last round.
Glock has been great to me as well.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:43:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Seekins has a Vortex-like warranty, though I’ve never had to use it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:44:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had great luck with Ruger, Sig and S&W. Prepaid label sent to me, fast turnaround, no issues.

Beretta was the absolute worst. Bought a brand new M9A1 from a big dealer online. Right after bringing it home I went to unscrew the grip screws to swap them out, and one of the grip screw bushings was stripped out from its staking. Guess it was a combination of poor staking and overtightening at the factory. Beretta wanted me to pay to ship it back for the honor of them to "evaluate" it, 2 hours after I brought it home. Would have had to have been 2 day air, which is not cheap. I sold it a few days later, with full disclosure to the buyer.

Wrote off Beretta completely, up until those sweet, sweet ARX-100's came around for $799
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:55:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had great luck with Ruger, Sig and S&W. Prepaid label sent to me, fast turnaround, no issues.

Beretta was the absolute worst. Bought a brand new M9A1 from a big dealer online. Right after bringing it home I went to unscrew the grip screws to swap them out, and one of the grip screw bushings was stripped out from its staking. Guess it was a combination of poor staking and overtightening at the factory. Beretta wanted me to pay to ship it back for the honor of them to "evaluate" it, 2 hours after I brought it home. Would have had to have been 2 day air, which is not cheap. I sold it a few days later, with full disclosure to the buyer.

Wrote off Beretta completely, up until those sweet, sweet ARX-100's came around for $799
View Quote

That is really disappointing to hear about Beretta.  I was under the impression they were GTG for warranties.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:55:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Heritage rebarreled, installed a new hammer, trigger and mainspring on a ten year old beat to shit revolver all for free.  Ruger lost a Single Six and a Blackhawk of mine that were eventually found in their shop months later.  They did fix them for free though.  I think that is all the guns that I have had to have repaired at the factory.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:55:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What would you say are the best to worst gun manufacturer warranties?  I know places like Ruger have a good rep, and other are not near as easy to work with.

Here is a sample list:

Glock
Sig
CZ
S&W
Ruger
Walther
Springfield
Hi Point
Savage
Remington
Mossberg
Canik
Colt
Kimber
Beretta
Keltec
Browning
Benelli
H&K
FN
Taurus
Charter Arms

View Quote
God Tier: learn how to do armorer level maintenance on your own guns.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:55:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
S&W used to be top-notch but now I rate them with Taurus.
Ruger just sent me a new mag for my Ruger American 308 without even asking for one. Just asked about the mag hanging up on the last round.
Glock has been great to me as well.
View Quote

Shit I might call Ruger on Monday about my LCP.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:56:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is a sample list:

Glock
Sig
CZ
S&W
Ruger
Walther
Springfield
Hi Point
Savage
Remington
Mossberg
Canik
Colt
Kimber
Beretta
Keltec
Browning
Benelli
H&K
FN
Taurus
Charter Arms

Yeah I get that, was just curious based on a few other threads.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:58:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 12:00:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Core15 has the worst warranty!  What tier is that lol.   Fuck core15!
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 12:08:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That is really disappointing to hear about Beretta.  I was under the impression they were GTG for warranties.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It honestly could have just been one a-hole Beretta employee having a bad day. First and last time I dealt with them, but I was definitely getting an HK "you suck and we hate you" vibe. Maybe others will chime in with different experiences.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 12:12:37 AM EDT
[#17]
From personal warranty work experience…

Good:

-Beretta (bad mag that was replaced no questions asked).

-HK (trigger issue resolved and got a hat and stickers with the return).

Okay:

-FN (SCAR with a poorly cut crown….they tried to blame the accuracy issues on my muzzle device but ultimately accepted it was fucked when it still shot 8” groups with FGMM at 100yds).

-KAC (Took them something like 8 months to fix my EMC after it left with a poorly reamed chamber. In their defense I think they were in the middle of a contract but that wasn’t something I was happy about after spending what I did for the rifle).

Terrible:

-Sig (two pistols choking on most ammo that they never really fixed and a Sig 551A1 they made me send back because their junk iron sights were junk instead of just sending replacement sights)
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 12:13:56 AM EDT
[#18]
You forgot Rossi
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 12:15:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Not a gun MFR but I will say Meprolight has an awesome warranty/service. Firsthand experience.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 12:23:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Never seen a Ruger written warranty myself. They have fixed any problem I have had sometimes at a cost and only once for free on a brand new purchase.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 12:24:33 AM EDT
[#21]
All Hail Walther for the Three Times I sent back a pistol for repairs and was NEVER changed a Cent!

Link Posted: 10/16/2021 12:26:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Best - HK

Link Posted: 10/16/2021 12:36:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Beretta is awful. You better notice any manufacturing flaw (and there are many QC issues since they moved to TN) before accepting the transfer or they are going to tell you to pound sand. As long as it works they don’t care if they machined something wrong or the finish starts flaking off immediately,

I’ve had really good luck with CZ, and Daniel Defense was awesome when I had a stripped screw on a rail that I couldn’t get out.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 12:42:50 AM EDT
[#24]

My experience

Ruger - excellent customer service

S&W - horrible customer service, sent in a 69 for difficult extraction, they refinished it, and didn't fix the trouble.

when I called back, she said she'd send another return label and "have one of my good techs handle it"

I said -- "shouldn't ALL your techs be good ?!?!?"!

Link Posted: 10/16/2021 1:01:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Palmetto State Armory sent me a return label and did the repairs quick on a messed up upper i bought from them.

Vortex did a quick repair on a red dot but i had to pay initial shipping.  

Eotech..... I dropped a rifle and it landed on my red dot.  Completely crushed the red dot.  I emailed asking for a repair quote since it was my fault and they offered to do it for free.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 1:06:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Q

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-Feel-Good-Thead-My-Q-Fix-Q-Trash-Panda-got-ran-over-in-the-road-and-Q-Replaced-BOTH/5-2305343/?page=1

/thread

Link Posted: 10/16/2021 1:21:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Palmetto was a horrific nightmare, but that was years ago. I'm happy to hear they have improved.

Ruger was good.

Sig is awful.

S&W was good.

Vortex was incredible.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 1:24:40 AM EDT
[#28]
S&W did fine by me.

In 2017 i was shooting my M&P .45  and had a light load. An immediate action resulted in 2 bullets in the now bulged barrel and slide stuck on thebulge.  Sent it to Smith stating I was shooting reloads and asked for a repair estimate.

Get an email telling me that they replaced the barrel  and locking block.  No charge and shipped back to the house.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 1:53:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Mossberg sent me some parts free of charge to repair a .30-06.
Didnt ask about warranty or anything. Just told her I was looking for a couple of the extractor pieces and she was like yeah what’s your address I’ll get them right out.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 2:02:37 AM EDT
[#30]
PSA.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 2:05:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Best to worst of the warranties / customer support I had to use:

Guncrafter
Zev
Colt
Henry

Ruger
Kimber
Beretta
CZ
Springfield Armory
LaRue
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 9:03:43 AM EDT
[#32]
CZ replaced a cracked stock on a CZ 527 that I bought used  off of Armslist, fast turn around also. Ruger replaced a cracked frame on a .22/45.  Contacted PSA about a ept trigger that was giving me problems, they shipped me a new one with in a week.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 9:28:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Staccato: I had a C2 Duo that wouldn’t lock back on an empty mag. They shipped me some new mags, didn’t sort it out. Shipped the gun in for them to look over, on their dime.

A few weeks later (only bad part) the gunsmith calls me and says he can’t get the gun to work like he thinks it should 100% of the time so they are replacing the entire thing.
I asked them if I could upgrade to a factory threaded barrel model, yep.
It shipped the next day.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 12:13:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Ruger and Glock both have outstanding service.

KelTec was friendly enough, but they didn't successfully fix their shitty product (Sub2000).

The reports of Sig's terribleness seem mostly true.

CZ's customer service is also crap.

Taurus is slow as hell.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top