Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2021 9:20:20 AM EDT
I am done with Hotmail and Gmail.  Tired of them editing out or junk mailing gun content, etc. and just the whole big tech thing.  So what is good?

Secure mail Protonmail worth it?

Want something easy that will work on MacBook, iPhone and iPad.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:28:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Not an Apple user, but I'm satisfied with Proton Mail.  Works well between my Windows desktop and Android phone.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:40:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Proton user here..

ETA: free account
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:41:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you guys using free proton mail or paying?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 10:01:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Free proton mail here too…Arf.com would not accept it as my sign up email however…
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 10:03:31 AM EDT
[#5]
If you're IT-savvy, CentOS + exim + dovecot + SpamAssassin + some MX records and you can have your own email server.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 10:11:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Also happy Proton user.

I'm full freight with the top tier Visionary plan since I wanted to consolidate a number of domain emails all into PM.

I used the free for a long time and it was nice. Never had an issue.

With the paid you get some nice stuff I think like VPN, Dropbox-like drive (where I have my NFA paperwork backups)

Also they have a feature for sending encrypted email that self destructs to someone not on PM. I use that a ton to communicate with the accountant and finance guy.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 10:15:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Paid here.

Like $48 a year or something like that.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 1:32:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you're IT-savvy, CentOS + exim + dovecot + SpamAssassin + some MX records and you can have your own email server.
View Quote

More like, Debian + Postfix  + dovecot + SpamAssassin.  And a good IP address (aka, not on a spammer network) to host it on.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 6:29:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Paid Proton acct here.  Also Proton VPN.  Very happy with both.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 11:47:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Another for Protonmail.

Does anyone keep reading and typing it out as "Prontomail"  Had it for months now and my brain refuses to let me accept "proton".
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#11]
self hosted on Linode.com - multiple domains, multiple users, aliases, forwarding, username-extensions, all driven by postfix and dovecot using a mysql based user/domain list.

Not terribly hard to do....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top