Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 9:00:45 PM EDT
[#1]
yeah good luck ever selling that later...
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 9:23:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Interesting house OP.  The vitamin D may come in handy as it doesn't appear you like sunlight very much.
View Quote
I have a gallon of that Warner Bros. paint that makes a perfect photo realistic tunnel opening, when slathered on with a 4", that can't be told from the actual. I'll be setting up a webcam and watching people try to escape from coyotes, only to smash into the bricks. Good times.

Wile E. Coyote. Supergenius.

Coyote Eaticcus Anythingus
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
yeah good luck ever selling that later...
View Quote
And that's how you get rich. Selling property.

Ahh, no. Buy. Do not sell. The only place they're making more land is east of Leilani Estates.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 9:31:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be moving north eventually. I won't sell, I will rent for the mortgage plus. It's a thang.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 12:00:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 1:20:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I think to a meth lab entrepreneur it may be just the ticket.  Or perhaps Nosferatu may find it is just the thing for those long sleepy days.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 1:28:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Glad you are getting your house back.

Just curious though, do you not like windows?
View Quote
Must be a vampire
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 4:04:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Must be a vampire
View Quote
Fava beans. Mff eff eff eff ffffth!
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 4:18:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Ok, and while I'd like to complain, I actually think it's Providence. I shall be moving in gradually over the next month. Instead of having to do it in a massive slam in a single day. Because the insurance company waited until the last minute, even though a month ago I had a deep convo with the general and he was confident everything would be gtg a week ago.
Nope.

And by my back of an envelope math, that's going to cost the ins co. about 2000 dollars. I mean, over and above rent costs, in late fees, extra rent that would not have otherwise been necessary and other fees. Whereas if they'd have just said, "Look, we're just gonna set everything a month past best case, and leave a healthy cushion for the unexpected."
I mean, I called. I axed. I was insistent in a non confrontational way.
"Are you sure it will be ready?"
"Oh yes, no worry!"
They'd have saved two grand of unnecessary costs. Well, I suppose it makes the world go round. Still wish I was kang, though. Things would be nice until I was dead for ~ten years and the regular stupid took over again as is the general paradigm of history.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 4:22:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Lack of windows due to tornado threat?
View Quote
What I was thinking
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 5:25:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Ahh no, although thats a side bennie. Mainly it's more along the line of, look, I worked 12 hours yesterday and I have to pull another 12 today, after only 8 to drive home, sleep, shit, shower, and eat, and cook, and drive another 45 minutes back, and I know it's 2 pm, but I really wish you would hold off revving the throttle on your project bike so I could sleep a few hours. Orrrr..., I can build a soundproof house and you can make all the noise you want, because I can't hear it. I win!
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 5:34:04 AM EDT
[#12]
I may have been prejudiced from 19 months in this redneck white trash house, after the fire, because my house is not in such a place, but always safe, never sorry. it's 2018. I can use cameras and flatscreen monitors instead of windows. You know what? Windows are fragile. A brick wall with a camera is much less so.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 5:37:30 AM EDT
[#13]
I just ordered 50 plastic coated stakes, 48". Will get a couple fence panels tomorrow, and the charger and line is gtg. Both horses and the dags, ghawd its gonna be nice, almost two years later. Sweet! Plus a moose once bit my syster. No Realli!
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 5:38:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Mynd you, moose bytes can be nasti
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 5:43:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 6:04:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Don't you hurt my dag! Or whatever. Ted Levine is actually a really cool dude. Fiction. How does it work?
Magnets!
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 7:52:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
When 85% of GD says your fortress house looks like a meth lab, rape dungeon, or psycho killer's lair, it's probably well past time to start reevaluating your priorities.  
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Sorry OP
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Is it a strip joint? Where's the windows?
View Quote
Yes What the Fuck ???? where are the Damn Windows ????
Those that are pictured are not windows Period !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yes What the Fuck ???? where are the Damn Windows ????
Those that are pictured are not windows Period !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Quote
Firing ports. I've already looked into steps to put below each one.

Here it is, on the inside.

It is a heat pump, but there's a furnace in the attic.
*trumpet fanfare*

Link Posted: 6/19/2018 12:25:09 PM EDT
[#20]
In for pics of how this masterpiece turns out.  Entertaining thread.  I just read the whole damn thing
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 12:46:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
In for pics of how this masterpiece turns out.  Entertaining thread.  I just read the whole damn thing
View Quote
The latest video is just above yours. 5 hours ago
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 1:01:59 PM EDT
[#22]
@AK_Nightcrawler The painters are there now, and the 1/4 round is going on today. I hauled a bunch of appliances this AM, and ate some biscuits and gravy from a convenience store. Now I'm totally ill. I will not eat biscuits and gravy for a long time, because the gag.
Yay.
The house looks good though. I like it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 1:03:22 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm alternately vomiting, posting, spewing poo, vomiting, and posting. Fun times.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 1:17:48 PM EDT
[#24]
No windows, just like moms basement! Baby steps.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Nice. I bought a house a couple months ago, was built in '64. Found a room no one seems to have known about under the garage. Like 27x 20 -ish.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 1:21:25 PM EDT
[#26]
2 questions:

1) Are you expecting a big bad wolf?

2) What happened to your two brothers and are they ok?
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 1:23:16 PM EDT
[#27]
i guess if you like living in your very own prison good for you. I don't fear the outside world as much as you apparently do
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 1:44:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The latest video is just above yours. 5 hours ago
View Quote
My bad.  I honestly thought the YT video was just being funny and referencing something else.  It doesn't look that bad on the inside.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 1:55:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Didn't see an option for a Jehova's Witness church.

Have any copies of Watchtower OP?
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 2:09:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
i guess if you like living in your very own prison good for you. I don't fear the outside world as much as you apparently do
View Quote
I don't fear the outside world at all. But that's if I'm there. When I'm in Tulsa, 35 miles away, oppressing black people and stuff, for 16 hours at a stretch, all my shit is vulnerable.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 2:18:58 PM EDT
[#31]
BTW, you should all watch the video. It's mildly amusing.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 2:24:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I don't fear the outside world at all. But that's if I'm there. When I'm in Tulsa, 35 miles away, oppressing black people and stuff, for 16 hours at a stretch, all my shit is vulnerable.
View Quote
And you did walk the world thru your house on YT
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Rape bunker looking good!
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 2:39:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
And you did walk the world thru your house on YT
View Quote
Yup.

Who wants to git et by dags? Bring it on! The exterior doors have Dbl Cylinder deadbolts, as do both bedrooms. So bust a window and come on in. You'll be hauling everything back out through that window, too. out of whichever bedroom you get in, because that's as far as you'll get. It's a Johnny Cash booglery. "One Piece At A Time". I'll have a notice of motion by zone in real time, and the popo on the way.
There's 12 cameras, and a 1TB dvr, and cloud storage too. So we'll have footage to post on "America's Dumbest Criminals" for the lulz.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 2:39:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
BTW, you should all watch the video. It's mildly amusing.
View Quote
Seen it, like the vid.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 2:44:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yup.

Who wants to git et by dags? Bring it on! The exterior doors have Dbl Cylinder deadbolts, as do both bedrooms. So bust a window and come on in. You'll be hauling everything back out through that window, too. out of whichever bedroom you get in, because that's as far as you'll get. It's a Johnny Cash booglery. "One Piece At A Time". I'll have a notice of motion by zone in real time, and the popo on the way.
There's 12 cameras, and a 1TB dvr, and cloud storage too. So we'll have footage to post on "America's Dumbest Criminals" for the lulz.
View Quote
What's so impressive about a double cylinder deadbolt?  Why can't they just bust thru the deadbolts all the way thru the house?  I mean, we know to bring the battering ram to your place now.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Damn that's an ugly house.

I have to assume you're single because no normal woman would go along with that.

After a few years you'll emerge looking like Papillon.

Link Posted: 6/19/2018 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 2:50:04 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm the man in the boxBuried in my shit
Won't you come and save me
Save me
Feed my eyes, can you sew them shut?
Jesus Christ, deny your maker
He who tries, will be wasted
Feed my eyes now you've sewn them shut
I'm the dog who gets beat
Shove my nose in shit
Won't you come and save me
Save me
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Does it have a sunroof?
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 2:53:01 PM EDT
[#41]
That neighborhood reminds me of the on base housing at Ft. Hood.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 3:04:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What's so impressive about a double cylinder deadbolt?  Why can't they just bust thru the deadbolts all the way thru the house?  I mean, we know to bring the battering ram to your place now.
View Quote
Yeah. Burglars are like criminal special forces. They plan their shit like devgroup assaulting a bunker.
I wish you were my neighbor, because they would rob you first. You want to live in a house that is pretty, which is ghey.
I don't have to be impervious to burglary, you understand, I only have to be less vulnerable than the neighbors.  Like the outrun the bear joke.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 3:08:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Damn that's an ugly house.

I have to assume you're single because no normal woman would go along with that.

After a few years you'll emerge looking like Papillon.

https://i.gifer.com/2x4F.gif
View Quote
Man that's a good book. I read that the first time when I was around twelve.

Y'all probably never knew Henri Charriere wrote a book...y'all thought it was a screenplay, and that means I'm dumb.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Build it exactly the way you want OP.

Not a damn thing wrong with it except your gonna be “the weird house”. Who gives a shit go with it.

Link Posted: 6/19/2018 5:03:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yeah. Burglars are like criminal special forces. They plan their shit like devgroup assaulting a bunker.
I wish you were my neighbor, because they would rob you first. You want to live in a house that is pretty, which is ghey.
I don't have to be impervious to burglary, you understand, I only have to be less vulnerable than the neighbors.  Like the outrun the bear joke.
View Quote
Hey now, I have a double cylinder deadbolt on both my exterior doors.  I do have windows in my house though
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 7:42:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Why didn't you build it on a crawlspace?

You'll never find a more convenient place to dispose of a body than a crawlspace.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 8:02:00 PM EDT
[#47]
"Hardwood floors, they're cool. So that's cool"
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 12:22:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
"Hardwood floors, they're cool. So that's cool"
View Quote

They are cool.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 12:28:32 AM EDT
[#49]
It's not really my style but if it makes the OP happy, that's all that matters. Eye of the beholder and all. Glad you were able to get something you wanted after a fire, that is something I never want to experience
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 3:25:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It's not really my style but if it makes the OP happy, that's all that matters. Eye of the beholder and all. Glad you were able to get something you wanted after a fire, that is something I never want to experience
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

On the right is all my shit, neatly packed in moving boxes. Fire happened two weeks after closing.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top