Link Posted: 1/21/2022 8:48:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Now that is neat.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 9:43:13 PM EDT
[#2]
No infraction?
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 9:49:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Seriously tell me what you think vs. the Rustler VXL, specifically around durability.

I'm over these new Traxxas models. They are NOT the same as they were in the 90s.  They fall apart just looking at them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seriously tell me what you think vs. the Rustler VXL, specifically around durability.

I'm over these new Traxxas models. They are NOT the same as they were in the 90s.  They fall apart just looking at them.
View Quote
What are you breaking? The Maxx/XMaxx are some seriously tough vehicles.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 10:23:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What are you breaking? The Maxx/XMaxx are some seriously tough vehicles.
View Quote

I'd call myself a pretty light basher.

I have about 40 packs through my VXL.

Broken parts I can remember:

Driveshaft x6
Upgraded driveshaft x8
Shock tower X2
Shocks x10
Shock retaining clip
Tires x10
Wheel bearing
Suspension arm
Hinge pin
Body
And it overheats every run despite having a fan in both ESC and motor. This is a super common problem apparently.

My HPI RS4 MT from '02 was more durable than this thing. And that thing was as fragile as a 3 year old's feelings.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 11:29:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 11:32:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 12:25:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 4:20:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'd call myself a pretty light basher.

I have about 40 packs through my VXL.

Broken parts I can remember:

Driveshaft x6
Upgraded driveshaft x8
Shock tower X2
Shocks x10
Shock retaining clip
Tires x10
Wheel bearing
Suspension arm
Hinge pin
Body
And it overheats every run despite having a fan in both ESC and motor. This is a super common problem apparently.

My HPI RS4 MT from '02 was more durable than this thing. And that thing was as fragile as a 3 year old's feelings.
View Quote

Hobywing max 8, best thing you can do to a traxxas.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 1:02:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Hobywing max 8, best thing you can do to a traxxas.
View Quote

Any option that is 2S compatible? I have three Rustlers, with young kids. They can't handle 3S and I already have a half dozen 2S cells.

I could do a Max 8 for me, but would want something for the other two cars as well.

What motor do you recommend? All my knowledge is 20 years old and revolves around turns.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Any option that is 2S compatible? I have three Rustlers, with young kids. They can't handle 3S and I already have a half dozen 2S cells.

I could do a Max 8 for me, but would want something for the other two cars as well.

What motor do you recommend? All my knowledge is 20 years old and revolves around turns.
View Quote
The Max 10 is 2-3S

And you should be able to use the motor you already have. I think they're both 3.5mm bullets but you'll want to confirm that.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 6:35:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 6:00:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 10:18:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I love Arrma so far.  I’m just getting into high-ish end RC and have his/hers models of both the Senton 4WD 3S and the 6S Notorious.  I went back and forth between the Outcast and the Notorious, landed on the latter.  Really good sale right now- wife took blue, I have black.  They HAUL.

Getting hooked on mods.  My wife and I beat the shit out of the Sentons smashing into each other and both of them are now waiting on parts.

These things are a blast.  Feel like a kid again, complete escape from work/the world.  Just a bummer when something breaks.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 6:32:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top