BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:32:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Congrats!

I just dropped the original style hammer/trigger into mine today. If you're curious/care: https://taylorsfirearms.com/catalog/product/view/id/12766/s/old-style-parts-kit-for-uberti-retractable-firing-pin-revolvers/category/464/

I managed to find a couple boxes of 45 colt so I'd have some brass, trying to figure out what I want to develop for a loading. I'm not a very good shot with it yet, but it's fun!
View Quote

Nice. Thanks for the link. I’m even having a hard time finding dies in stock.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:33:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I like the feel/point of the Ruger Bisley's.   Only photo I have of
my 44 special Bisley.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/233426/image_jpeg-1765954.JPG
View Quote

I just bought the same gun and picked it up today. Have you seen what they are bringing on gunbroker?
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:59:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I vote the Cimarron Model P, like mine;

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 10:03:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Beautiful!
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 10:09:02 PM EDT
[#5]
God made man, Sam Colt made them equal.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:40:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Super Blackhawk

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 10:24:39 AM EDT
[#7]

You guys keep posting these nice Blackhawks I may need to pick up one of those too!
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 10:31:53 AM EDT
[#8]

I have that one in 44WCF (44/40)
Nice shooting gun!

I also have a 357 Blackhawk and several .22s.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:59:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone got a source for some 45colt ammo? Found one place but its $62 and $19 shipping. I was reluctantly ok with the$62 until I saw shipping.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 8:19:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Anyone got a source for some 45colt ammo? Found one place but its $62 and $19 shipping. I was reluctantly ok with the$62 until I saw shipping.
View Quote

This is a terrible time to mention it, but it's almost required to reload if you shoot .45 colt, lol.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This is a terrible time to mention it, but it's almost required to reload if you shoot .45 colt, lol.
View Quote

Yeah I knew that when I went 45 colt. I have a lee single stage press, powder and primers and just ordered dies. Just need brass and bullets.  I just wanted some ammo to start off with to get me out to the range when it gets here. I have some local places that might have some I’ll check out.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 8:49:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yeah I knew that when I went 45 colt. I have a lee single stage press, powder and primers and just ordered dies. Just need brass and bullets.  I just wanted some ammo to start off with to get me out to the range when it gets here. I have some local places that might have some I’ll check out.
View Quote

I can't help you on loaded ammo, but I've had good luck buying brass in the EE and other gun forum's classifieds.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 9:28:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I can't help you on loaded ammo, but I've had good luck buying brass in the EE and other gun forum's classifieds.
View Quote

I will have to check the EE. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:25:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Gun arrived today at my FFL. Beautiful gun with a nice big fat scratch in that beautiful bluing. I started the background check but did. Ot take delivery. I emailed Classic Firearms with pics. The gun's really nice but I think the scratches are going to bother me so I may send it back. It’s not going to be a safe queen but if it’s gonna be scratched I want to be the one to do it. Im pissed that Classic shipped it like that. Its very obvious. I know my FFL pretty well and he only had it like 2hrs. Plus its in a spot on the barrel that could not be from being dropped or set down. Im betting it was a counter gun or left the factory like that.  To top it of there’s no more in stock. So if I send it back I have to find one elsewhere.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:26:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Gun arrived today at my FFL. Beautiful gun with a nice big fat scratch in that beautiful bluing. I started the background check but did. Ot take delivery. I emailed Classic Firearms with pics. The gun's really nice but I think the scratches are going to bother me so I may send it back. It’s not going to be a safe queen but if it’s gonna be scratched I want to be the one to do it. Im pissed that Classic shipped it like that. Its very obvious. I know my FFL pretty well and he only had it like 2hrs. Plus its in a spot on the barrel that could not be from being dropped or set down. Im betting it was a counter gun or left the factory like that.

https://i.imgur.com/gDrC1fn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/qZngIUc.jpg

View Quote

ouch
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:26:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll probably acquire one as well...Why not.... Might be the only thing the diarrhea in DC will let us little people own...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:03:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Gun arrived today at my FFL. Beautiful gun with a nice big fat scratch in that beautiful bluing. I started the background check but did. Ot take delivery. I emailed Classic Firearms with pics. The gun's really nice but I think the scratches are going to bother me so I may send it back. It’s not going to be a safe queen but if it’s gonna be scratched I want to be the one to do it. Im pissed that Classic shipped it like that. Its very obvious. I know my FFL pretty well and he only had it like 2hrs. Plus its in a spot on the barrel that could not be from being dropped or set down. Im betting it was a counter gun or left the factory like that.  To top it of there’s no more in stock. So if I send it back I have to find one elsewhere.

View Quote

Damn. @bw77 consider how much $$$ would make you feel better - I've had a few GB deals go slightly sideways on crap like this and sometimes $100 or $200 off the price is a satisfactory resolution all around.  Lots easier on the seller's part and as long as you feel like you got a bargain you may be able to overlook the issue...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:12:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Damn. @bw77 consider how much $$$ would make you feel better - I've had a few GB deals go slightly sideways on crap like this and sometimes $100 or $200 off the price is a satisfactory resolution all around.  Lots easier on the seller's part and as long as you feel like you got a bargain you may be able to overlook the issue...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. Get some $ back and fix the scratches with cold blue.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:58:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah I’m considering doing this if they offer.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:59:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought about the cold blue. Idk if it will look right with the charcoal blue.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:00:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Ruger.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:47:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Id see if they would knock 150 or so off the price and keep it. CSB, I used to hang around an independently owned sporting goods store a LOT several years ago, worked there part time in fact. Well some shitheads broke in the store by crawling through the HVAC ducts and managed to get their hands on several handguns before being caught trying to exit the same way they came in. I was there the next morning at opening time and the owner was all tore up about how much cosmetic damage was done to the guns from being dragged through the ductwork. There was a single six that had a few scratches on the grips and the side of the barrel, much like what you posted. He exclaimed as he examined them: "look at this shit! This gun is nearly worthless now!" I asked him how much he thought it was worth and he said maybe $125 bucks. I said "SOLD!" He actually let me have it for that a few weeks later after the case was settled and the insurance co looked at everything.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:05:08 PM EDT
[#23]

I like my Ruger flattop Blackhawk convertible .357/.38 & 9mm in stainless.

Easy to shoot, confuses people when you reload from a Glock mag.  A tad heavy, though.

EtA: And the one OP posted that he bought is much, much more aesthetically pleasing.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:32:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Id see if they would knock 150 or so off the price and keep it. CSB, I used to hang around an independently owned sporting goods store a LOT several years ago, worked there part time in fact. Well some shitheads broke in the store by crawling through the HVAC ducts and managed to get their hands on several handguns before being caught trying to exit the same way they came in. I was there the next morning at opening time and the owner was all tore up about how much cosmetic damage was done to the guns from being dragged through the ductwork. There was a single six that had a few scratches on the grips and the side of the barrel, much like what you posted. He exclaimed as he examined them: "look at this shit! This gun is nearly worthless now!" I asked him how much he thought it was worth and he said maybe $125 bucks. I said "SOLD!" He actually let me have it for that a few weeks later after the case was settled and the insurance co looked at everything.
View Quote

Yeah I’m hoping to hear back Monday. I do really like the gun so if they knocked enough off I may just keep it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:21:17 PM EDT
[#25]
I have a Cimmaron 1860 Army SA in .45LC I like a lot. Bought reloading stuff at the same time (April) and boy, am I glad. It's like this photo but .45LCAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:31:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have a Cimmaron 1860 Army SA in .45LC I like a lot. Bought reloading stuff at the same time (April) and boy, am I glad. It's like this photo but .45LChttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/335091/Screenshot_20210116-142551_Samsung_Inter-1782138.JPG
View Quote

Nice!  I have just about everything I need for reloading now. Died are on back order and supposed to ship in a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:33:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I thought about the cold blue. Idk if it will look right with the charcoal blue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would be better than bare metal at the scratches. Do it carefully using a toothpick to only darken the scratches, starting with an inconspicuous area for a test.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have also been looking for an SAA clone. Does anyone know which Italian guns do not have a hammer safety and offer a traditional action?   I want to be as close to the SAA as possible.  

Anyone familiar with EMF?  They appear to offer Pietta imports with actions that are true to the SAA.
View Quote

Pietta is closest to original in the Italian imports. I prefer them over the heavier and slightly larger Ubertis. You do nee to replace the base pin with a Uberti Old Model P version, as Pietta's version looks like ass.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Starline brass has it in stock.

Straight Shooter has cast bullets in stock
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:49:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Starline brass has it in stock.

Straight Shooter has cast bullets in stock
View Quote

Thanks. Found some brass on the EE actually. Found bullets on 5 star firearms.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:50:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Ruger bisley vaquero if you can find one
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:09:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I really like my Uberti, in .357. Oh, and Taylor's are made by Uberti.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/180161/20200801_092917_jpg-1753721.JPG
View Quote

Can those Italian guns handle a steady diet of hot Magnum loads?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:10:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Magnum Research BFR

Normally they are chambered in really powerful stuff like .454 Casull, .460 S&W, and 500 S&W but they can also be had in .357 Mag and .44 Mag.  They're insanely overbuilt for those cartridges.
View Quote

This would be my choice as well.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:37:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Ruger Vaquero is what you want. Old model if you can find any. Tough as nails.
View Quote

You can shoot anything from Mild to Wild! Cowboy loads to 44 magnum equivalent and it doesn't even break a sweat.
My .45 Colt

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:00:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Update: Called Classic Firearms today and they are sending a return label to my FFL. They offered me a $40 store credit if I wanted to keep it. What a joke. $40 off for a blem pretty much. I told her they can have that. I asked why they would ship a damaged gun. She had no answer. Didn’t seem to care either. They are so busy with orders they just don’t give a shit.  Good thing is at least I got to handle it and see it in person. I do really like the gun. Guess I will keep looking.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You can shoot anything from Mild to Wild! Cowboy loads to 44 magnum equivalent and it doesn't even break a sweat.
My .45 Colt

https://i.imgur.com/D5M23ig.jpg
View Quote

I had an old model Vaquero in 44 mag. I didn’t like it. It was big and heavy and not well balanced. Sold it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:17:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You guys keep posting these nice Blackhawks I may need to pick up one of those too!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:41:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Update: Called Classic Firearms today and they are sending a return label to my FFL. They offered me a $40 store credit if I wanted to keep it. What a joke. $40 off for a blem pretty much. I told her they can have that. I asked why they would ship a damaged gun. She had no answer. Didn’t seem to care either. They are so busy with orders they just don’t give a shit.  Good thing is at least I got to handle it and see it in person. I do really like the gun. Guess I will keep looking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, why would a receptionist know that?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:11:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Lol, why would a receptionist know that?
View Quote

I left out the part where she put me on hold to ask the shipping department what happened. They had no answer.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:31:52 PM EDT
[#40]
fuckit. lets go space cowboy
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:55:09 PM EDT
[#41]
These things seem to be in short supply. I did find another charcoal blue one in .357, but now Im thinking about going standard blue instead. The charcoal blue apparently scratches really easy and cannot be touched up with cold blue. I think Im going with a Taylors smoke wagon case hardened frame and standard blue.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:00:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did they stamp the markings by hand?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:09:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Did they stamp the markings by hand?
View Quote

Apparently so. Lol
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:37:58 PM EDT
[#44]

Does this model have the original style firing pin configuration or a modern safety system?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:29:16 PM EDT
[#45]
After reading some, I decided to go with a Cimarron. Apparently they are made by Uberti as well but I read several things online saying the Cimarron’s are typically better fit and finish. I picked up the Cimarron Evil Roy competition off Gunbroker. It’s more expensive than the Taylors but has a tuned action by Cimarron.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:33:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:26:49 AM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Very nice. You get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:15:42 AM EDT
[#48]
I know it's not an SAA but I'd like to have a S&W Schofield.

https://www.dixiegunworks.com/index/page/product/product_id/8344/category/319/category_chain/312,318,319/product_name/CR0592+DixieUberti+1875+Schofield+Revolver
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:06:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
After reading some, I decided to go with a Cimarron. Apparently they are made by Uberti as well but I read several things online saying the Cimarron’s are typically better fit and finish. I picked up the Cimarron Evil Roy competition off Gunbroker. It’s more expensive than the Taylors but has a tuned action by Cimarron.

https://i.imgur.com/ySRBy4j.jpg
View Quote

Excellent choice
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:18:15 PM EDT
[#50]
7 1/2" Stainless Vaquero in .44 mag at the local gun store.  

Has a strange 'target' grip.  Light colored checkered finger groove with a darker wood cap on the bottom that sticks forward a bit.

Unfortunately, like most finger grooves, it doesn't fit me...bases of my fingers hit wrong.

Might be  a Hogue grip....

But for $499...a good deal these days.

Still debating on the $900 Smith 6" (I think) 625 (pre lock, firing pin on the hammer) they have.  Missing the rear sight though.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top