BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 8/17/2018 10:32:37 PM EDT
And go!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:33:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Engineers putting zero information on a print but wanting it by morning.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:34:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Sexual predators being treated better than the staff.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:34:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Work.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:34:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Know it all people who don't know shit about the job but pretend they do
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:35:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Coworkers NOT working...
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:36:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Working rotating 8 hr shifts
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:37:19 PM EDT
[#7]
No work orders but look busy.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Micro managers
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:38:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Work.
View Quote
TPNI

I'd make an excellent lotto winner.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:39:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Not much.

Just people.

And Microsoft software.

Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:39:31 PM EDT
[#11]
People who think my office door being open is an invitation for them to come in and just bullshit about nothing...

And people who use the wrong cover sheets for their TPS reports. It's like they didn't get the memo...
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:39:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Home owners, contractors, other tradesmen, architects.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:40:49 PM EDT
[#13]
For 9 years nothing was too frustrating.

Then we got into a partnership with a company from dc and any contact with them pissed me off.

Then came the day when I purchased a Glock backpack and threw it up on the desk.

Then two weeks ago we dissolved the partnership.

Now things are good again.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:40:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Little to no communication between departments.  Passing the buck when there is issues.

Salesman....  Salesman....
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:41:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Shit not being where it is supposed to be.

Needless talking.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:41:29 PM EDT
[#16]
It starts at 7am. I despise mornings and morning people. OK, I despise people in general. The earlier it is, the more I despise it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:41:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Management allowing 10% to fix the other 90%ers fuck ups.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:41:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Poor communication
Being hired to work on days and then being told you're going to nights
Retards
Whiny bitches that whine about every little fucking thing that comes to their job
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:44:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Duality
Hypocrisy
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:45:09 PM EDT
[#20]
CIP Standards, a few will know the pain and frustration.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:45:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Monday morning.

That skank down the hall.

Work.

Tuesday.

Stupid people who do not read the email thread before asking dumb questions.

Wednesday.

Stupid people who call, text, IM, and send emails all within 5 minutes. I will get to your shit when I am ready.

Thursday.

Engineers. These are the dumbest smart fuckers you ever meet. Can make rockets but have zero common sense.

Friday isn't all the bad as I roll into the weekend.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:47:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Sports related yelling
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Dumbass hypocritical colleagues.

Teachers are the worst.  They don't like kids talking when they present info.  Yet, when we are in faculty meetings the teachers always talk.

Teachers flip their shit when students don't follow directions.  Yet when teachers are instructed to do something 80-90% of them don't follow instructions.

Teachers stress following the rules.  Yet many don't follow rules, procedures, or moral code.

I used to stick up for them.  However, now, they can suffer  the consequences for being inept assholes. I'll stick to my own room and work with those select few that have their shit together and are good people.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:49:04 PM EDT
[#24]
The religion that is: "diversity, equity and inclusion".
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:49:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Being called out at 2 AM for a patient who has a non life threatening complaint that has been persisting for several days that they now decided is urgent and need to go to the hospital, at a house where there are 4 driveable cars in the driveway and multiple capable drivers.  Oh, and they’re waiting for you with a suitcase packed ready to go.  Added points if they refuse to stop drinking from their water bottle, despite being asked.  And the icing on the cake is when they get frustrated with the service they’re getting at the hospital, and you see them walking out the front door of the hospital after leaving AMA before I’ve finished my patient care report.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:50:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Open office environment. I fucking hate it. My coworkers are all nice agreeable people but I am concentrating and working and they need to have their social visit time somewhere else, not next to me.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:53:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Hurry up and wait.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:53:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Our fuckin' Mexico facility making complete shit, but we can't do anything about it because "They're not a Supplier. They're US!!!"

Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:55:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Project Managers that have less time in the industry than my boots.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:55:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Am I the only one who thinks stand up meetings are a waste of fucking time?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:58:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Bands that draw mostly dudes to their shows
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:58:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Starting a production process for a very critical
Part of a Toyota Camry, twice, after 10 years getting fucked to nightshift due to a merger, by a 3 year old company .
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:00:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Being demoted for no reason for somebody with 15 years less experience.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:01:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Hurry up and wait.
View Quote
That drives me nuts.

But not as much as the Damned if you do...Damned if you don't.   "go move that"    *Moves it*  "why did you move that there!?"  *WTF.  Details man wtf did you wan't it moved to?"

Or you ask "where would you like it moved?" and the answer is "Wherever" Or "i don't know." followed by ... ^^^^^^ ...

Or. They tell you to do something and then ask why you did it.  Or send you on the road to the same damn place they send you 2 to 3 times a week and then call and ask "where are you?",  "Whats your ETA?".  Fuck!!!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:03:53 PM EDT
[#35]
The FR clothing mandate the safety nazis have bought into. The shit is extremely hot to work in. It doesn’t breathe. At all. Those old plastic sauna suits we used to cut weight in wrestling were comfortable compared to this absolute bullshit. It’s safety window dressing mandated by coporate retards pulling their dicks, convincing themselves (and apparently their superiors) that they’re making the plants safer by ensuring that EVERYONE is a high risk for heat casualty.

If I could invent FR cloth that didn’t feel like repurposed canvas from a GP Medium I’d be a fucking bajillionaire.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:06:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Not much, maybe just the busybodies who can’t mind their own. Very little about my work bothers me.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:06:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Coworkers NOT working...
View Quote
This, amongst other things.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:07:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Every Friday afternoon the management let us take it easy and pretty much all we do is to clean up the shop and putting shit up.  If we all get together, it would be done in 30 minutes and everybody can chill.

But this one guy always finds some shit to do, just so he out not helping the shop.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:09:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Micro managers
View Quote
This times a thousand. I can tolerate a lot of things. But this kills me.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:10:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That drives me nuts.

But not as much as the Damned if you do...Damned if you don't.   "go move that"    *Moves it*  "why did you move that there!?"  *WTF.  Details man wtf did you wan't it moved to?"

Or you ask "where would you like it moved?" and the answer is "Wherever" Or "i don't know." followed by ... ^^^^^^ ...

Or. They tell you to do something and then ask why you did it.  Or send you on the road to the same damn place they send you 2 to 3 times a week and then call and ask "where are you?",  "Whats your ETA?".  Fuck!!!!
View Quote
I'm a railroad signal maintainer. I will often brief with the dispatcher in the morning about tests I have to do and we'll come up with a plan of when I can do them. I get to the location, get my tools lined up and ready and then the dispatcher jerks my chain and tells me he/she can't acommodate me.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:11:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Am I the only one who thinks stand up meetings are a waste of fucking time?
View Quote
I'm now doing six a day.  Stupid Agile.z
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:11:26 PM EDT
[#42]
People that can't follow simple instructions, like if you have an I/T problem, send my department a fucking email or call the help desk(who will then send me an email via the ticket system).

Don't call me directly because I'm busy helping people who's problems are so important they followed instructions.

P.S and email with "Shit Don't work" gets you put to the back of the queue.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:15:12 PM EDT
[#43]
They pay me and another guy overtime to come in on fridays to do maintenance and we never get to doing it because the stupid fuck office people think "great. People here on Friday, let's take the assembly guy and the brake press guy and have them do production work and shipping. Fuck they got stuff to do? Ehh. The building doesn't need fixing"

Gonna be awfully difficult to make money when the plant is down for a day or three because air compressors aren't working or the forklifts/skid loaders are all down because they haven't been in production for 15 years and they need parts.

I stayed for an hour and a half today, got pissed, and left.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:15:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Yes
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:17:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Everything.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:17:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Micro managers

Shit work ethic of some of the younger employees
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:17:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm a railroad signal maintainer. I will often brief with the dispatcher in the morning about tests I have to do and we'll come up with a plan of when I can do them. I get to the location, get my tools lined up and ready and then the dispatcher jerks my chain and tells me he/she can't accomodate me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That drives me nuts.

I'm a railroad signal maintainer. I will often brief with the dispatcher in the morning about tests I have to do and we'll come up with a plan of when I can do them. I get to the location, get my tools lined up and ready and then the dispatcher jerks my chain and tells me he/she can't accomodate me.
Have a good friend that is signal maintainer,  He speaks the same language.  

A relative that was in the railroad got so tired of the inane company policies that he took a job with the FRA.  He says he really enjoys that job.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:20:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Have a good friend that is signal maintainer,  He speaks the same language.  

A relative that was in the railroad got so tired of the inane company policies that he took a job with the FRA.  He says he really enjoys that job.  
View Quote
Yeah.the railroad have screwed a few guys over that have went on to the FRA. Payback can be hell!

ETA, back to the dispatcher, it's funny how quick they are to work with you when they get a track indication, can't get a signal to come in or a switch shows out of correspondence.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:22:38 PM EDT
[#49]
pretty much everything...
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:23:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Drama llamas

Lack of communication

Crappy communication when there IS communication

Everything else

Quoted:
Shit work ethic of some of the younger employees
View Quote
We just had one get fired because she wouldn't stop watching Netflix on the company phone.

On duty.

After being warned a month ago.

Also I don't remember her ever actually showing up on time, usually 15-30 minutes late minimum. She had an incredible number of flat tires...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top