Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2020 1:19:40 PM EDT
Curious to hear if anyone on ARFCOM has experienced this...

I used to be into fitness and then stopped for a year because I got lazy. Honestly I was pretty dormant for the past year. I'm talking barely doing any physical activity, only pushups maybe once in a blue moon. Well a couple days ago I picked it back up. I'm on Day 4 of working out following a full body routine in my Men's Health book. So I'm hitting every area from neck and shoulders to thighs and calves.

Two days ago I started feeling a certain part of my left thigh randomly getting warm throughout different times of the day. I could just be sitting at work, driving in my truck, etc. It doesn't actually get hot, but it's a slight burning sensation that doesn't hurt. It'll come for a few seconds then disappear. It doesn't happen consistently. I'll notice it happen every couple of minutes, and then I won't notice it for a few hours.

Has anyone else had this happen? Originally I was nervous, but I don't really think it's anything to worry about. I'm inclined to think I may have done something to a muscle or nerve in my thigh since I haven't used it or put stress on it lately and maybe it's aggravated. Like I said, I was a lazy POS so I feel like this is an odd effect from a particular part of my body starting to experience physical activity again.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#1]
That could be an early indicator of a hernia applying occasional pressure to a nerve bundle.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 1:31:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a herniated disc, so I feel a warmth down my leg from time to time. Working out has helped it over time. You should see a doctor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top