BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:20:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

One of the team leaders in my former reserve unit is on a regional FBI SWAT team. He was an "operator" on active duty before the reserves, went to a SOC reserve unit, and does FBI SWAT now.

His SWAT team has a bunch of Marines and former ARSOF guys. They aren't pretenders.  Maybe his team is an an anomaly, but I would not bet on it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What’s the point of owning an apc if you don’t use the apc?

It’s a show of force

Pretenders pretending.

One of the team leaders in my former reserve unit is on a regional FBI SWAT team. He was an "operator" on active duty before the reserves, went to a SOC reserve unit, and does FBI SWAT now.

His SWAT team has a bunch of Marines and former ARSOF guys. They aren't pretenders.  Maybe his team is an an anomaly, but I would not bet on it.

Does he believe it is "his place" to question the nature of his orders?  Or is he a good professional?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:21:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Was it this guy?  Who threatened to shoot his kids if they turned him in for going to the capitol.

Link

View Quote

No
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:21:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Really surprised we have not yet heard of anyone taking a stand when they come knocking.
View Quote

They come between 2 and 6 in the morning. Until you have 2-3 families living with each other and keeping a fire watch, we won’t see many stands
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:22:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Was it this guy?  Who threatened to shoot his kids if they turned him in for going to the capitol.

Link

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link

A Texas man who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 was arrested and accused of having threatened to shoot his children if they told authorities that he had gone to Washington, D.C., according to federal court documents released Monday.

According to a complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Washington, the man, Guy Reffitt, was charged with obstruction of justice and knowingly entering a restricted building without lawful authority.

In an affidavit, an FBI agent described Reffitt as an apparent militia member who traveled from suburban Dallas to Washington with a Smith & Wesson pistol to help "protect his country."

In an interview with the FBI, Reffitt's son said his father told his family that he had gone to the Capitol while wearing a GoPro camera attached to a helmet.

Reffitt is alleged to have later threatened to "put a bullet through" his daughter's cellphone if she recorded or mentioned his comments on social media, the affidavit says.

Reffitt's wife told investigators that during an argument, he told his children that if one of them turned him in, "you're a traitor and you know what happens to traitors ... traitors get shot."

His wife, who said Reffitt was a member of the far-right 3 Percenters militia group, added that he is prone to "extreme" statements and that she did not believe he would act on his words, the affidavit says.

"Militia group," huh.  Here I thought III% was a T shirt company.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:23:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is he the guy that threatened his family over it?
View Quote

Threats that were apparently not unjustified...
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:23:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s a show of force

Pretenders pretending.

The No. 1 or No. 2 agent from the NYC office in the stack that raided Roger Stone’s home was in my office last year.  Another Major with him was flipping him shit for it, lol.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:25:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Some guy went to DC on the 6th. I went to school with him, but different grades. Don't really know the guy other than he was in the Marines late 2000s I believe.
- small town of 6000 ish
TXDPS, FBI and I believe other people.
APC and everything.
I'm told he's got 4-5 charges, one being having a firearm or weapon inside the capitol.

That's all the details I know. Also with small towns, information gets misunderstood or exaggerated easily, so time will tell

View Quote

Is the dog ok?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:26:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It seems it might be soon.
View Quote

In Baghdad there were huge stockpiles and warehouses full of ordinance of all types that got snatched up. Not to mention half of the police and military were sympathetic to AQ.

A better analogy for a domestic conflict would be Budapest in '56. Old women soaping up roadways for tank treads while kids throw molotov's on the tanks from roof tops.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Really surprised we have not yet heard of anyone taking a stand when they come knocking.
View Quote

Wait...is that sarcasm or you being serious?

If serious, prepare yourself to be "really surprised" a a lot more. There isn't going to be any armed resistance from the right to this "cleansing".

Read a history book, it always ends the same. Those on the right are generally law abiding and have a lot to lose. As long as we still have a lot to lose, we won't fight back en masse. The left knows this.

Most people in GD know this too, even if they are ignoring their intuitions and hiding behind calling others names and saying they won't comply. I'm sure I'll get called all kinds of things for my cynicism.

None of that will get our nation back though, now will it...
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:33:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
FBI regional swat teams are extremely well funded and equipped with little work to do.

Gotta use the equipment when you can
View Quote

It’s a good thing they have caught all the human traffickers and murderers.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:37:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Domestic terrorism is a whitey thing.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:39:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The FIB doesn’t phuck around!
View Quote

Yeah. The SS/ Gestapo didn't either. You see where that went...
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:41:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If serious, prepare yourself to be "really surprised" a a lot more. There isn't going to be any armed resistance from the right to this "cleansing".

Read a history book, it always ends the same. Those on the right are generally law abiding and have a lot to lose. As long as we still have a lot to lose, we won't fight back en masse. The left knows this.

Most people in GD know this too, even if they are ignoring their intuitions and hiding behind calling others names and saying they won't comply. I'm sure I'll get called all kinds of things for my cynicism.

View Quote

That was the other world.  I personally know folks that blew their brains out recently that, given the choice, would have picked a different death.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:42:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is he the guy thatallegedly threatened his family over it?
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:45:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Multiple lessons here. One don’t raise shitheads that you have to threaten not to snitch on you to the feds, two don’t marry a woman who would talk to the feds.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:48:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
To be honest, if they ever have reason to come and get ME, I hope they're as scared of me as Biden is of them.
View Quote

this is understated and absolutely correct.  Personally, I believe this mindset is fairly pervasive among fed-up law abiding conservatives - that once that last straw lands on their back, no holds are barred.  I can only assume you and I are not the only ones to get that sense and that is ultimately what's fueling the fear among the ruling class, and this theater we're watching now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Remember when those sickly looking kids detonated IEDs in crowds of people, murder a cop, kidnapped a driver, and got into a firefight with police?

Stop. Not even close to the same thing
View Quote

Right this was the absolute appropriate response. I cant find the pic but they were rolling through the streets pointing rifles into anyone's windows they wanted too. Entering and searching any house they wanted to. You cool with that?

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Remember when they rolled through the streets of Boston with armored vehicles pointing their rifles at people in their windows? All that was over two sickly skinny looking kids.
View Quote

Yea, but them skinny shits did a lot of damage, mostly to our rights...
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm a law-abiding citizen.  They have no reason to come and get me.  If it ever comes to that, then I'm done anyway - they've ginned up enough fake evidence that I'll never see the outside of a prison again.
View Quote

You think you're a law-abiding citizen.  Until they decide that the laws mean something else, and you broke them in the past.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#20]
“find me the man, and i’ll find you the crime”
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:11:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They come between 2 and 6 in the morning. Until you have 2-3 families living with each other and keeping a fire watch, we won’t see many stands
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s called a dog.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:18:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Then someone would use a javelin, and then you guys would cry "Boo hoo drone strikes, not fair!"

Everybody wants to be a gangster until its time to do gangster shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"You don't need an RPG"

This is correct.  You need Javelins.

Then someone would use a javelin, and then you guys would cry "Boo hoo drone strikes, not fair!"

You talking about extrajudicial killing of an American on American soil?

If so, Errydody want to be a thinker until it's time to do thinker shit.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do they believe in the Oath they took?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:22:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm a law-abiding citizen.  They have no reason to come and get me.  If it ever comes to that, then I'm done anyway - they've ginned up enough fake evidence that I'll never see the outside of a prison again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You're not law abiding. You commit 3 felonies a day.  If they want a reason to come get you there are plenty to choose from.

The average professional in this country wakes up in the morning, goes to work, comes home, eats dinner, and then goes to sleep, unaware that he or she has likely committed several federal crimes that day. Why? The answer lies in the very nature of modern federal criminal laws, which have exploded in number but also become impossibly broad and vague. In Three Felonies a Day, Harvey A. Silverglate reveals how federal criminal laws have become dangerously disconnected from the English common law tradition and how prosecutors can pin arguable federal crimes on any one of us, for even the most seemingly innocuous behavior. The volume of federal crimes in recent decades has increased well beyond the statute books and into the morass of the Code of Federal Regulations, handing federal prosecutors an additional trove of vague and exceedingly complex and technical prohibitions to stick on their hapless targets. The dangers spelled out in Three Felonies a Day do not apply solely to “white collar criminals,” state and local politicians, and professionals. No social class or profession is safe from this troubling form of social control by the executive branch, and nothing less than the integrity of our constitutional democracy hangs in the balance.

We know what happened in the case of QWest before 9/11. They contacted the CEO/Chairman asking to wiretap all the customers. After he consulted with Legal, he refused. As a result, NSA canceled a bunch of unrelated billion dollar contracts that QWest was the top bidder for. And then the DoJ targeted him and prosecuted him and put him in prison for insider trading — on the theory that he knew of anticipated income from secret programs that QWest was planning for the government, while the public didn’t because it was classified and he couldn’t legally tell them, and then he bought or sold QWest stock knowing those things.

This CEO’s name is Joseph P. Nacchio and TODAY he’s still serving a trumped-up 6-year federal prison sentence today for quietly refusing an NSA demand to massively wiretap his customers.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

"I'm a shooter, so I can't be shot."

The law isn't a reason to get you. It's a tool they get you with.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:28:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Good luck. You are not going out of your house with a lit molotov with the intention of throwing it without getting shot to hell as soon as you step out of your door.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:08:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Right this was the absolute appropriate response. I cant find the pic but they were rolling through the streets pointing rifles into anyone's windows they wanted too. Entering and searching any house they wanted to. You cool with that?

http://darkroom-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/2013/04/REU-USA-EXPLOSIONS_BOSTON1.jpg
View Quote

I am not at all.

But be honest about what precipitated it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:04:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

People don't like the truth.

NO ONE, is winning a war against .gov.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:05:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yeah. The SS/ Gestapo didn't either. You see where that went...
View Quote

Because the USA was there.

Who's going to stop it now?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:06:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Remember when those sickly looking kids detonated IEDs in crowds of people, murder a cop, kidnapped a driver, and got into a firefight with police?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Remember when they rolled through the streets of Boston with armored vehicles pointing their rifles at people in their windows? All that was over two sickly skinny looking kids.

Yes, the bombers were legitimately bad guys, but does that justify pointing a rifle at a homeowner in their own home, looking out a window to see WTF is going on outside?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:07:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Did they shoot his wife while she was holding a baby?

RIP Vicki Weaver. Never forget.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:08:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It’s a show of force
View Quote

It's a show of intimidation for all to see.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:08:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It's called a dog.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They come between 2 and 6 in the morning. Until you have 2-3 families living with each other and keeping a fire watch, we won't see many stands

It's called a dog.

Ever heard of a Hush Puppy?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:15:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

FIFY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is he the guy thatallegedly threatened his family over it?

FIFY

That is true.

So the Feds get a call that someone they're looking for is allegedly threatening to kill his kids and people think in our Era of modern policing they aren't going to roll armor?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Link

View Quote

Damn. Threatening your own kids?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"You don't need an RPG"

Oh, my mistake. I thought you guys wanted another Civil War.

Turns out you all just want to LARP as modern day tier one rebel minute men one day, then LARP as peaceful and innocent patriotic victims the next day when you find out the government might actually try to fight back.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:18:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m not going to call you a name but your comment is historically inaccurate. There’s almost always violence when Socialism is trying to be installed. Sometimes they win, sometimes they lose.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:20:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
When he/you are alone, they can really focus and consolidate resources on your ass.

That is how 100 dudes can take 100,000 heavily armed men....one at a time....
View Quote
Yep
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I’m not going to call you a name but your comment is historically inaccurate. There’s almost always violence when Socialism is trying to be installed. Sometimes they win, sometimes they lose.
View Quote

I think history has proven there is also almost always violence when a democracy or a pro-capitalist government is also trying to be installed.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:23:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wouldn't condemn it.  Not anymore.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:24:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nicely said!

Ignore the DERPS...
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#43]
When will the FBI show up at George Soros’ crib with charges of insurrection for the riots last summer?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:24:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

They flagged about half the city.  Couldn't believe such poor basic handling skills.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One? Correct.
Millions? The odds are a little different.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:28:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"You don't need an RPG"

At least for the armored cars and APCs that civilian LE uses, I'll bet that anti-tank rifle grenades would be effective, and it's something that could be launched from millions of rifles.  I'd love to see that guy who did the book on making an improvised Panzerfaust rocket do one on rifle grenades.  Every rifleman could also be a grenadier.

Too bad ballistite is hard to find, and mostly old stuff imported decades ago (from Italy, IIRC) when you can find it (it's the powder used for launching cartridges; it's a mix of nitro and TNT).  With that and a star crimp, you could make your own launching cartridges.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:32:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If you didn't vote "D" you are next!
View Quote
That's a lot well trained guys that hang out in a place with a red roof.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

http://darkroom-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/2013/04/REU-USA-EXPLOSIONS_BOSTON1.jpg
View Quote

There should be a limit on body armor sizes.

JFC those guys should be embarrassed
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:06:08 PM EDT
[#50]
This comes to mind every time I read an account like this...

Hut Hut Hut - Blues Brothers - SWAT-scenes
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top