Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/21/2021 4:32:15 PM EDT
There will never be a privately funded candidate that supports our values (many of them at least).

He was our last and final attempt to peacefully right this sinking ship.

Prove me wrong.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:33:21 PM EDT
[#1]
We knew this 4 years ago
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:35:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Barring a civil war or some kind of Balkanization, you’re correct.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know.

Maybe.

Maybe not.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:36:09 PM EDT
[#4]
OP is not incorrect, sadly.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:36:26 PM EDT
[#5]
He really was a once in a 100 years historical figure
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:36:33 PM EDT
[#6]
It's a true fucking shame that the package that we got that all wrapped up in threw tantrums, couldn't stay off Twitter saying retarded shit, nominated back-stabbing swamp politicians to advise and carry out his policy when he had latitude to nominate literally ANYONE, played into the Democrats hands all throughout his election campaign, and left the office pardoning drug dealers instead of people rightfully trampled by the system.

He did a lot of good, but he was his own worst enemy, and now we're all fucking paying for it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:37:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Never is a long time.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:37:43 PM EDT
[#8]
There will be a more refined Donald Trump in the future.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:37:49 PM EDT
[#9]
He's a unique individual, just like everyone else.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#10]
James Wood is 73 or therebouts, I could see him being like Donald Trump
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:39:56 PM EDT
[#11]
There will never be another conservative president.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:41:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a true fucking shame that the package that we got that all wrapped up in threw tantrums, couldn't stay off Twitter saying retarded shit, nominated back-stabbing swamp politicians to advise and carry out his policy when he had latitude to nominate literally ANYONE, played into the Democrats hands all throughout his election campaign, and left the office pardoning drug dealers instead of people rightfully trampled by the system.

He did a lot of good, but he was his own worst enemy, and now we're all fucking paying for it.
View Quote

you do understand what advice and consent of the senate means, right? the senate was run by the swampiest motherfucker out there who had no intention of letting MAGA happen. so exactly how the fuck was he supposed to nominate literally anyone?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:41:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
There hasn't been one since Reagan, so that is no surprise.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:42:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Everything you lament, is the reason he was elected.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:44:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Never say never.

If the election counting process ever becomes fair and virtually uncorruptable - maybe.

If the vote tallying process stays like it is our future politicians will be preselected and elections will only be for political theater.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:45:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Barring a civil war or some kind of Balkanization, you’re correct.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:45:50 PM EDT
[#18]
I think it’s more likely that every billionaire in the country starts running for office.  At least 3 ran on dem side this time.

T$ was a giant FU to the establishment from The People.  They didn’t listen. The next guy we send will prob be way worse.  Hopefully not David Duke.  But at this point who here would vote for a swamp creature?

The guy to stand up on stage and make the most outlandish claims about draining the swamp is going to get people’s votes.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:46:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

exactly
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:47:06 PM EDT
[#20]
But muh bumpstocks.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't know.

Maybe.

Maybe not.
View Quote

Won't be allowed to win.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:48:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

The pure truth of it right there.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:49:58 PM EDT
[#23]
No one in their right mind would want that job.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:51:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Never again in my lifetime, unless a reset happens.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:51:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I think it’s more likely that every billionaire in the country starts running for office.  At least 3 ran on dem side this time.

T$ was a giant FU to the establishment from The People.  They didn’t listen. The next guy we send will prob be way worse.  Hopefully not David Duke.  But at this point who here would vote for a swamp creature?

The guy to stand up on stage and make the most outlandish claims about draining the swamp is going to get people’s votes.
View Quote

The 50% of the government that wants big government ?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:52:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
But muh bumpstocks.  
View Quote

Yuuuuuuup!

Within six months people will be looking at their gun rights being decimated right before their eyes and we will be treated to post after post on this forum of "Trump never did this or that" from the same people that hate him now.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:53:37 PM EDT
[#27]
I have come to the realization that only billionaires should run for office. They have enough money to not be corrupted and not give a F about favours, and lobbyists.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

you do understand what advice and consent of the senate means, right? the senate was run by the swampiest motherfucker out there who had no intention of letting MAGA happen. so exactly how the fuck was he supposed to nominate literally anyone?
View Quote

I meant appointees, not nominations....brain fart/typo on my part, but the point stands. His appointess sometimes TRULY sucked.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:56:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

It is a shame. Part of me thinks he didn't think he'd win. Then again...

Jesus, do some homework! He was very ill prepared (time lost) going into the first year. NOT being a politician means a lot of homework! I believe he was winging it, if you will.  

That said, he did alright. Proud I voted for him twice.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:56:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's quite literally retarded. If you're right, it's an indictment of everyone who voted for him.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
James Wood is 73 or therebouts, I could see him being like Donald Trump
View Quote

I’d vote for him
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Presidents, by their very nature, tend to be conservative.

There will likely never be another President that believes in liberty and America the way the founders intended instead of how China and the Chamber of Commerce wants it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:02:53 PM EDT
[#33]
agree with OP.  there were key characteristics that made him unique:

1: super rich: he wasn't beholden to anyone. As much as I love Cruz, he's still taken a bunch of money from people that have hooks into him. Being rich gave Trump freedom to do stuff
2: He's a fighter.  Even Cruz is a "debater",  he wants to find common ground and educate. Trump was a smashball player
3: I think he truly loves the country. He was trying to get us back to an America First stance.  Every other politician seems to have adopted some version of the globalism thing.

I can't see anyone else on the horizon with that mix.  I'm really crushed that he was cheated out of his second term. He's the best President of my life, I think even over Reagan.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:04:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hit the nail on the head.  

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:04:33 PM EDT
[#35]
There is a donald trump jr. There won't be another president trump but there definitely is another donald trump.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:06:15 PM EDT
[#36]
There will be plenty of folks with the drive, bluster and money.

But the machine will literally have them killed before they catch.   The machine will NEVER allow its swamp to be threatened again.    Part of what kept the Trumper from doing everything needed to fix America was that so much of his own party was part of that machine.  

Personally, I hope the republican party dies and something new rises in its place.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:09:45 PM EDT
[#37]
I said this 4 years ago and was made fun of.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Who would want to do it really?  Imagine being a successful billionaire with a supermodel wife, your own private jumbo jet, multiple resorts....wanting to get obliterated for 4-8 years, your life practically destroyed over it, potentially thrown in prison over false allegations, potentially 86'd...  Fuck all that.

On another note, maybe Elon will step up lol.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reagan was hardly a conservative.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#40]
I could see some egomaniac billionaire like Mark Cuban or Musk giving it a go.
Bloomberg, Forbes others have tried whether they are "outsiders" is a fair question but agree it is unlikely that anyone on the MAGA agenda will do it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:13:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Donald Trump LITERALLY made another Donald Trump (Jr)
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:15:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:15:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neither was Trump.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:16:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
There hasn't been one since Reagan Coolidge, so that is no surprise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There hasn't been one since Reagan Coolidge, so that is no surprise.
FIFY
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:16:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Doesn't matter one bit. He could be as sweet as Mother Teresa and the press would have made him a monster. Did he have one single positive story in the MSM in 4 years?

Every person is their own worst enemy. Biden is also his own worst enemy.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:21:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's the truth of it.  He hurt himself more than anyone else.  Just literally saying *nothing* would have taken away 2/3 of his enemy's ammunition against him.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:22:08 PM EDT
[#47]
It would've been nice if Trump actually had the management and leadership abilities to carry through and get more done.  He did get a lot done but could've done much more. He wasn't exactly the dealmaker he claimed to be.  Pretty much got his ass handed to him by congress on nearly every occasion.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:22:33 PM EDT
[#48]
we are Donald Trump, and he is us!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think you're beating around the bush pointing out that while he could nominate literally anyone, his own party wouldn't approve them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
we are Donald Trump, and he is us!
View Quote

I just checked my bank account and this is not true.  You tell lies.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top