BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:33:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am beginning to believe that feudalism is man's natural state.

Even the big reset is just neo feudalism.
If we owned nothing and we're happy we would be no different than medieval serfs living on the lord's estate and paying rents and providing labor.

View Quote

Feudalism is the visible result in the differences of men.  Greedy people will do what it takes to dominate fellow humans to sate their greed, normal social humans don't chase the greed dragon and eschew the low life scum that do.  The end result is greedy people wind up dominating society and society tolerates it up to a point.  

The other natural state of humans is that when tolerance is over, heads of the greedy roll in the streets.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:36:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Wait? Game Stop's stock price is part of the deep swamp conspiracy too?

You people need help.
View Quote
No. Market manipulation is.

The gamestop debacle just shows how bug money manipulation drives market swings.

Now, a bunch of nobody's pooled their money and played hedge fund manager against the actual hedge fund.

The result is the hedge funds got fucked at their own corrupt game and went running to big daddy gov.

Also the likes of CNN are tying it to evil Trump followers and populism.

This isn't some lizard people shit. I worked for 8 years as a broker until the housing collapse in 2008. Market manipulation is real. It's just a billionaires game.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:38:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You people need help.
View Quote

I agree, tagging this to the election was a pretty big stretch.

But the Gamestop story is pretty humorous.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:38:31 AM EDT
[#4]
You ever see a top wobble before it spins into chaos? Moments of reckless instability mixed by flipping back to stability before the entropy finally sends it out of control. We’re somewhere in that dance.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:38:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I've noticed recently, that both sides of the political spectrum are aligning in their actions against a common enemy (elites). And the elites keep changing the rules, moving the goalposts to protect themselves, and they're just going to piss off more people. Not sure where that leads to.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:40:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Is it possible at this point that they don't care? Or that they know no one is going to do anything?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:40:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ok. Sorry. They're not tied into one big conspiracy.

They are separate events only tied together by who the major players are.

Our country, economy, elections, and media are controlled by a small number of wealthy and powerful people.

That's the theme...
That an oligarchy actually exists.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So people are realizing the fabric of society is thin?

Next thing you know op will say money is just paper and numbers and not backed by anything :)
View Quote

Sometimes it takes a while for the masses to catch up.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:42:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've noticed recently, that both sides of the political spectrum are aligning in their actions against a common enemy (elites). And the elites keep changing the rules, moving the goalposts to protect themselves, and they're just going to piss off more people. Not sure where that leads to.
View Quote
Well, I think it has something to do with guillotines and cake or gulags and secret police depending on the winners.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:43:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Our country, economy, elections, and media are controlled by a small number of wealthy and powerful people.

That's the theme...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the theme...

I agree with that.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

They’re a step or ten ahead of us, playing rope-a-dope with our lives and livelihoods.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:48:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So people are realizing the fabric of society is thin?

Next thing you know op will say money is just paper and numbers and not backed by anything :)

A lot of ''masses'' just realized in the last few months just how much power over the masses a few very large companies and people have. [ you're banned on facebook, twitter, etc as you're ''not in compliance'' with our standards.]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:49:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's Twitter but a very good summation of what happened.  This is a summary of that thread from Twitter.

https://unrollthread.com/t/1354517067240771584/

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/33324/3D137621-00B7-47A9-8520-AE3EBBD12091-1800214.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can someone explain exactly what's going on with Gamestop? Dumb it down and put it in about five bullet points or something. I still don't get what happened/is happening.
It's Twitter but a very good summation of what happened.  This is a summary of that thread from Twitter.

https://unrollthread.com/t/1354517067240771584/

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/33324/3D137621-00B7-47A9-8520-AE3EBBD12091-1800214.jpg
Interesting.

Thank you
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:49:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They'll tone it down soon. If they don't they'll expose themselves further and make themselves targets.

The only way their show goes on is if they can get people back to sleep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm afraid the show is just getting started.
That's what scares me the most.
I know this is just the opening credits.

Scare? Hell, this is the best glimmer of hope the future of humankind has had in over 100 years.

They'll tone it down soon. If they don't they'll expose themselves further and make themselves targets.

The only way their show goes on is if they can get people back to sleep.

They think they can do anything and the propaganda machine will cover for them.  It seems to be working with at least half the population. They will believe any lie and the more outrageous it is the stronger the belief.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:50:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Can someone explain exactly what's going on with Gamestop? Dumb it down and put it in about five bullet points or something. I still don't get what happened/is happening.

ETA: I get that "LOLOL they gamed the system!!!" I want to understand the mechanics of it. HOW they did it.
View Quote

People A think a share price will drop from $10 to $5.

People A borrow(have to give it back) 10 shares at $10, People A sell those borrowed shares for $10 now People A have $100.

When the stock price drops to $5, People A buy 10 shares from the market for $50 and give the shares back to the lender who loaned People A the shares. Now People A profited $50 using no money of their own.

If the price goes up on the stock to $1000/share, People A have to spend $10,000 to buy 10 shares to give back to the lender. Now People A have lost $9900.

Redit people saw this situation, it's public info, so Redit people decided to buy the shit out of it and hold it knowing People A are forced to buy shares so they can return those shares, holding and not selling raises the stock price and Redit people make money on People A who are forced to buy at any price.

This all snowballed to huge amounts.

Redit is kind of like Christian Bale in "The Big Short"
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:58:10 AM EDT
[#16]
I keep posting this to these types of threads because it's so truth, George nailed it back then, everyone thought it was part of the act and got a kick out of it. He was trying to tell us the truth way back then.

George Carlin - The big club
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:59:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Lol the internet wins again.

I wonder what will be the "fix" for this in the future? No more public records?  Or at least no real time records?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:01:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You people need help.

You two are missing the point entirely.
Reading is for losers
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:02:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I keep posting this to these types of threads because it's so truth, George nailed it back then, everyone thought it was part of the act and got a kick out of it. He was trying to tell us the truth way back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKUaqFzZLxU
View Quote
I was going to post this as well.  His eyes were wide open.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:03:56 AM EDT
[#20]
The left has one rule: they win and you lose.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:04:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Much better explanation than mine posted in the link from @wgjhsafT
View Quote

The summary I posted assumes the reader understands that there is an entire market based off of gambling on the ups/downs of stocks and the manipulation of stocks to achieve profit.

I would highly recommend reading The Death of Money and The Finance Curse: How Global Finance is Making Us All Poorer.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:04:58 AM EDT
[#22]
OPNI
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:07:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

ETA: I get that "LOLOL they gamed the system!!!" I want to understand the mechanics of it. HOW they did it.
View Quote

Nutshell description.

Short selling is the process of selling stock you don't own expecting it to drop in price so you can buy it cheap.

Hedge funds wanted to make money and short sold GME for a less than a $4 price. Problem is they shorted at least 150% of all shares so when it comes time to settle the trades they can't because there's no stock at the low price they needed available.  

GME is now over $400 per share which the hedge funds must buy to settle their short sales.

This has already bankrupted one fund.  Oops.  They're pissed that the tricks they do are being used against them.

This whole thing is hilarious.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:09:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

"Normal'' people are gaming the system [market] that is used to gaming the people and the system [market] doesn't like it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Normal'' people are gaming the system [market] that is used to gaming the people and the system [market] doesn't like it.

Go watch the movie " In Time" with Justin Timberlake and you will understand more clearly.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:10:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

People A borrow(have to give it back) 10 shares at $10, People A sell those borrowed shares for $10 now People A have $100.

When the stock price drops to $5, People A buy 10 shares from the market for $50 and give the shares back to the lender who loaned People A the shares. Now People A profited $50 using no money of their own.

If the price goes up on the stock to $1000/share, People A have to spend $10,000 to buy 10 shares to give back to the lender. Now People A have lost $9900.

Redit people saw this situation, it's public info, so Redit people decided to buy the shit out of it and hold it knowing People A are forced to buy shares so they can return those shares, holding and not selling raises the stock price and Redit people make money on People A who are forced to buy at any price.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice explanation.

Plus the 26% plus interest they have to pay for the difference.. and..

Cha ching.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:11:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Lol the internet wins again.

I wonder what will be the "fix" for this in the future? No more public records?  Or at least no real time records?
View Quote

More restrictions on day trading and or public access to the markets unless you go through specifically licensed people who will need more licenses and each transaction will be eyed over with an algorithm to make sure it doesn't hurt certain groups.

Of course if anyone can look back about twelve years to the housing market crash they will see the similarities.  

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Replace the monologue at the beginning of red dawn with the original post.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:22:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Hence why I've stopped flying Old Glory.  My heart just ain't in it.

God Bless Texas.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:22:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You people need help.
View Quote

I’m starting to wonder about you...
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:23:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Capitalism is the best system man has come up with to date. IF everyone plays by the same rules and has access to a piece of the pie.

IMO this is where we've gone off the tracks. We need less rules and laws. Fewer master wanna bees.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:24:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Well, I think it has something to do with guillotines and cake or gulags and secret police depending on the winners.
View Quote

Yeah, they probably will be successful in keeping the nation divided and hating each other. In which case eventually it's the gulags or gallows.

Maybe when they brought in the national guard, I can't remember, but just had a thought that TPTB will need to create more and more draconian laws...or with GME, change the rules, come after the people who made money, charge the conspirators who started the idea with crimes...and in their attempts to retain power they will piss off so many people that it crosses the political spectrum.

Of course once the propaganda machine goes in effect its hard to see any of that happening. How quickly they can get us to villainize anyone as long as it's someone else and not those in power.

Just conservatives as an example, they have us hating leftists, but now many people are hating their own party now? How many villainize capitol protestors or anyone who does anything to resist? But guess I was just looking at it as maybe biden will piss off his own "constituency" if it exists, and you'd end up with people in both parties disenfranchised, and at that point the common enemy would be those in power.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:26:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Robinhood has no blocked Gamestop and AMC from trading. You can only close out your share position, no buying.

This is so fucked up.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:28:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Scare? Hell, this is the best glimmer of hope the future of humankind has had in over 100 years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm afraid the show is just getting started.

Agreed but I have very little confidence in our side. Too many brainwashed, ignorant sheep. Probably more so than the opposition.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:34:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

They’re a step or ten ahead of us, playing rope-a-dope with our lives and livelihoods.
View Quote

Yeah, it's like that Inception movie. Make them believe it was their own idea.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:34:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Remember when day trading was a thing?  People with a thousand bucks could open an account and day trade all day long.
Well Wall Street saw this as competition, can't let the little people capitalize off this system so to stem the bleeding they came up with a rule where you had to have at least 20K in your account to day trade.  That pretty much ended it.
You can bet something will come out of this aimed at the common investor.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:35:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Much better explanation than mine posted in the link from @wgjhsafT
View Quote

They shorted the fuck out of the stock and are going to get fucked themselves as the stock continues to
rise. I think it's shorted by billions.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:35:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You people need help.
View Quote

Talk about ignorant...how were you ever a cop?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:36:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I've often wondered if our freedom is a complete illusion.

We hear about how awful China and Russia are....I wonder if we're different, at all.
View Quote

It is an illusion. This is the most sophisticated and clever form of slavery that has ever been devised. Where the slaves don't know they're slaves. They work hard and the masters take more than half of what they generate in the form of various taxes, permits, registrations, fees, fines, tolls etc. Much more lucrative than taking 100% from someone who actually knows they're a slave.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:40:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Just let me know where barter town and the thunder dome will be located please.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:40:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Deception is rising in every direction.

The next political demands:
- Internet trading by the sheeple needs to be controlled to prevent the sheeple from causing harm to the rich?
- The internet needs to have more gov't 'controls', to closely monitor the masses and their online activities?

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:42:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Talk about ignorant...how were you ever a cop?
View Quote

You're answer and question are all in the same sentence.  He's wasn't a rocket scientist, he was a cop.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Nutshell description.

Short selling is the process of selling stock you don't own expecting it to drop in price so you can buy it cheap.

Hedge funds wanted to make money and short sold GME for a less than a $4 price. Problem is they shorted at least 150% of all shares so when it comes time to settle the trades they can't because there's no stock at the low price they needed available.  

GME is now over $400 per share which the hedge funds must buy to settle their short sales.

This has already bankrupted one fund.  Oops.  They're pissed that the tricks they do are being used against them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nutshell description.

And, as they buy to cover their Short Positions, that in turn, drives the price up even more.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:50:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It is an illusion. This is the most sophisticated and clever form of slavery that has ever been devised. Where the slaves don't know they're slaves. They work hard and the masters take more than half of what they generate in the form of various taxes, permits, registrations, fees, fines, tolls etc. Much more lucrative than taking 100% from someone who actually knows they're a slave.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've often wondered if our freedom is a complete illusion.

We hear about how awful China and Russia are....I wonder if we're different, at all.

@HunterCat

You work, they take 50% of what you make by threatening prison, and give it to those who won't work, themselves, and other nations.

If they actually gave you the money then came to your home to collect, would people react differently?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:56:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Kind of wild watching the govt. step in to protect the billionaires and hear talk of investigating Redditt etc.
When it's the little guys getting screwed it's just business as usual.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:59:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Will reddit have their website shutdown over this?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:02:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It ends with train cars, camps and showers.

It will this time. The writing is on the wall. I have heard liberals talking about it. I have argued with them about it. They say, "This would be different!"

But they're wrong. It will lead to mass murder and attempted genocide.

It always does.
View Quote

This is a man who understands history.  This is where we sre headed.  Stay alert people, and dont let your normalcy bias get you killed.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:04:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Robinhood has no blocked Gamestop and AMC from trading. You can only close out your share position, no buying.

This is so fucked up.
View Quote

This is fucking bullshit. They're changing the rules.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:20:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Ok. For those of you not getting what I'm saying I'll try to break it down.

In 2008 I worked for Fidelity investments and watched the wealthy and politicians use subprime loans, bundling mortgages, and credit default swaps using real people's houses and lives in a financial shell game.

When it imploded the politicians that helped create the mess bailed out all but the most corrupt firms.

Guess what? Those corrupt politicians and firms are still here. Still playing the game.

Fast forward to today.

Those same oligarchs are now still manipulating the economy, rigged an election to get rid of a populist president, used their controlled media to change the narrative, used their tech companies to shut down dissent, and ordered their troops to the capital to lock it down from plebian attack.

It's not one big conspiracy.

It's a bunch of fabulously wealthy and powerful people working to achieve similar goals at the expense of 99.9% of the population.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top