Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 769
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 9:03:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KaiK:

The chocolate hides the flavor pretty good. And cream helps it too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
Casein will fuck up any shake no matter what you put in there....that stuff is nasty.

The chocolate hides the flavor pretty good. And cream helps it too.

I decided to just use more milk after suffering through a bag of casein one time.

I should probably do more shaking, I used to take one to work every day for a 9am calorie bomb, kind of fell out of the habit of it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 9:43:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

This is the best personal massager ever
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 9:45:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 9:58:12 AM EDT
[#4]

I decided to just use more milk after suffering through a bag of casein one time.

I should probably do more shaking, I used to take one to work every day for a 9am calorie bomb, kind of fell out of the habit of it.
View Quote

What kind? The ON is not bad.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:04:17 AM EDT
[#5]

View All Quotes

Myprotein I think. It just didn't seem like it ever blended really well like how whey just kind of dissolves in.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 1:54:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I most likely have a partial rupture, severe strain at the very least, of my left distal bicep. Tore it free many years ago, and the localized pain in in the same area. I felt a twinge in my forearm last Monday when holding at the top of a movement. Slowly started to ache more and more throughout the day. Now I have no pain, but it starts to burn when holding anything in my arm with the bicep engaged for an extended amount of time, such as my 13lb kid.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 5:53:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Thor:
I most likely have a partial rupture, severe strain at the very least, of my left distal bicep. Tore it free many years ago, and the localized pain in in the same area. I felt a twinge in my forearm last Monday when holding at the top of a movement. Slowly started to ache more and more throughout the day. Now I have no pain, but it starts to burn when holding anything in my arm with the bicep engaged for an extended amount of time, such as my 13lb kid.
View Quote

Injuries suck.

Are you familiar with the Bill Starr rehab protocol?
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 6:25:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Thor] [#8]
Originally Posted By grady:

Injuries suck.

Are you familiar with the Bill Starr rehab protocol?
View Quote

I am, however since the pain is localized at the forearm this is most likely just a tendon injury so I’m not sure that protocol would apply.

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 9:20:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Myprotein I think. It just didn't seem like it ever blended really well like how whey just kind of dissolves in.
View Quote

Oh yeah that's why.  My protein is cheap. But ON tastes good.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 9:21:37 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Could be tendonitis in your shoulder.  I was getting the same thing. Extreme burning pain.  Had to stop doing cleans and do a lot of rehab work.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 8:45:51 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Damn that blows. Injuries are a drag

Let's hope for a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 9:54:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Do your conditioning people.

I drew the short straw yesterday on a job and had to run wheelbarrows for 6 yards of concrete around a fucking obstacle course.

I feel great today.

The guy that was screeding got his ass kicked though......I'm not even sore today.

If they ever have a wheelbarrow Olympics, I'm going to the regional qualifiers.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 10:01:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Why does food taste so good and why do I want so much of it?
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 10:03:27 PM EDT
[#14]

I drew the short straw yesterday on a job and had to run wheelbarrows for 6 yards of concrete around a fucking obstacle course.

I feel great today.

The guy that was screeding got his ass kicked though......I'm not even sore today.

View Quote

That's a lot of concrete to wheelbarrow.  

One day I made my guys bucket a 2nd story porch. It was only 3 yards. They almost died.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 6:44:24 AM EDT
[#15]

I feel great today.

View Quote

Work can be great conditioning.

I've been cutting tress and splitting wood around the house. Probably 15 more good sized oaks to go.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 7:53:44 AM EDT
[#16]

One day I made my guys bucket a 2nd story porch. It was only 3 yards. They almost died.
View All Quotes

I feel great today.

I own two buggies too.

This one was stupid, had to go from an overhead door, through a small man door, then around a tight corner into all these individually formed raised pads.

A pump seemed silly for $900 when we could have it moved in about an hour. At least it was all concrete floor to wheel on.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 8:42:56 AM EDT
[#17]

I own two buggies too.

This one was stupid, had to go from an overhead door, through a small man door, then around a tight corner into all these individually formed raised pads.

A pump seemed silly for $900 when we could have it moved in about an hour. At least it was all concrete floor to wheel on.
View Quote

Yeah across dirt would suck.

My concrete guys are setting up a driveway today at the house I'm building.

I have 15 yards for Monday but it looks like rain.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 12:12:05 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

I own two buggies too.

Could be worse, there's still snow here.

I'm bored as hell, and broke as a result.

I'm hoping we can start getting grade prepped on a some small work in a week or two.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Could be worse, there's still snow here.

I'm bored as hell, and broke as a result.

I'm hoping we can start getting grade prepped on a some small work in a week or two.
View Quote

Yeah we have rain all next week probably. Going to put us behind.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 9:34:12 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm down 20#s since Nov 30th and weight on the bar is still going up. Feels good man.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 10:10:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Cookie monster is back.

I finally scored some dumbbells. Haven't used them, but scored some.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 10:54:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jarcese] [#22]
Tl;dr did Cube Method and got weaker, but had fun doing it and accomplishing it in the prescribed time.

Did a mock meet in my by myself yesterday after 9 weeks of Cube Method.  I didn't go too hard because I was by myself, but still don't feel great about it.  First full program since June of last year.  Dicked around or worked 80 hour weeks from August to December.

6' 203lbs 39 years
Squat: 405 PR (385 previous max, 425 Calculated max)
Bench: 275 (315 previous max, 324 calculated)
Dead: 455 (475 previous max, 505 calculated)

Started the program with bad biceps tendonitus, so I only benched over 245 once, yesterday, without a Slingshot.  Hence the huge loss of bench over 3 months.  I probably could have got 305, wasn't worth pushing it.  Squat suffered due to tendonitus also, but came around nicely the last few weeks and tendonitus is feeling better after diagnosing it.  Deadlift... I don't know.  455 felt super heavy, even though I did 475 easy two weeks ago.  I tried 505 yesterday and it didn't budge.

I didn't really like Cube.  Mostly due to user error.  I think I added too many main and bodybuilding accessories.  I did not like doing so much deadlift volume in one day.  Should have just done the main lift and one accessory each day.  Then do the third accessory on squat day.  It definately can be tweaked to the individual, but it's hard to know what is working without going deep into the weeks.  I would not recommend it to someone looking for a cut and paste program, but it's a good program for those capable of doing some work to it.

Edit:video added
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 11:58:08 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm also getting weaker. Dieting sucks.

I did do 14 pullups in a row though.  I think that's the most I've ever done.  

Can do 63 burpees in 20# carrier in 6 minutes.

Being light has it's benefits.  Big squat is not one of them.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 9:24:06 AM EDT
[#24]
I've been going to Cincinnati every 5 weeks for the past couple of years for my kid to have private time w/ his BJJ professor. Check out what followed me home yesterday. A BJJ friend of mine is training to be a starting strength coach and changed his equipment, and sold me this texas strength systems rack, so I chucked my tonneau cover and loaded er up in the wagon and brought it home last night. I think I'm good for a week as far as lifting goes now. It came w/ a complete lifting platform as well.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 5:27:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:
I've been going to Cincinnati every 5 weeks for the past couple of years for my kid to have private time w/ his BJJ professor. Check out what followed me home yesterday. A BJJ friend of mine is training to be a starting strength coach and changed his equipment, and sold me this texas strength systems rack, so I chucked my tonneau cover and loaded er up in the wagon and brought it home last night. I think I'm good for a week as far as lifting goes now. It came w/ a complete lifting platform as well.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/277223/54372AA6-055F-45C6-BAE7-3AEC02B7FD7A_jpg-1875435.JPG
View Quote

That's like $1000 worth of OSB.

Sweet score.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#26]

That's like $1000 worth of OSB.

Sweet score.
View Quote

Yeah I figured it was like 600 bucks worth. Then it has a finished plywood platform and all the rubber. The rack itself is like 1300, without shipping, which must be a bitch since it's welded solid. I just set it up in my office. So, phone call, remote hearing, go squat, phone call, zoom call.....
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:28:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:

Yeah I figured it was like 600 bucks worth. Then it has a finished plywood platform and all the rubber. The rack itself is like 1300, without shipping, which must be a bitch since it's welded solid. I just set it up in my office. So, phone call, remote hearing, go squat, phone call, zoom call.....
View Quote

Squats for justice!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:31:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Last nigh I saw a guy with the smallest calves ever.   They were smaller than my forearms.  So sad.

He was the classic no leg day ever guy.

I wish I could have got a pic next to him so mine would look big in comparison.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:51:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Last nigh I saw a guy with the smallest calves ever.   They were smaller than my forearms.  So sad.

View Quote

I saw a guy like that in the gym last night, just little sticks. Made me feel better until I saw him squatting 445. I guess I'll have to keep looking for someone I can make fun of
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:06:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By BASE:

I saw a guy like that in the gym last night, just little sticks. Made me feel better until I saw him squatting 445. I guess I'll have to keep looking for someone I can make fun of
View All Quotes

Was he hitting depth or quarter squatting?
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:25:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BASE] [#31]

Was he hitting depth or quarter squatting?
View Quote

He was below parallel and looked pretty good. I guess your form has to be pretty dialed in if you are moving that kind of weight without any calves

He's apparently getting close to a 6 plate deadlift as well. Seems like a really cool kid. He's just one of those guys who is freakishly strong for their size. The DL has to be well over 3x BW for him.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

This guy has never seen a squat rack.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 7:24:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Jarcese:
Tl;dr did Cube Method and got weaker, but had fun doing it and accomplishing it in the prescribed time.

Did a mock meet in my by myself yesterday after 9 weeks of Cube Method.  I didn't go too hard because I was by myself, but still don't feel great about it.  First full program since June of last year.  Dicked around or worked 80 hour weeks from August to December.

6' 203lbs 39 years
Squat: 405 PR (385 previous max, 425 Calculated max)
Bench: 275 (315 previous max, 324 calculated)
Dead: 455 (475 previous max, 505 calculated)

Started the program with bad biceps tendonitus, so I only benched over 245 once, yesterday, without a Slingshot.  Hence the huge loss of bench over 3 months.  I probably could have got 305, wasn't worth pushing it.  Squat suffered due to tendonitus also, but came around nicely the last few weeks and tendonitus is feeling better after diagnosing it.  Deadlift... I don't know.  455 felt super heavy, even though I did 475 easy two weeks ago.  I tried 505 yesterday and it didn't budge.

I didn't really like Cube.  Mostly due to user error.  I think I added too many main and bodybuilding accessories.  I did not like doing so much deadlift volume in one day.  Should have just done the main lift and one accessory each day.  Then do the third accessory on squat day.  It definately can be tweaked to the individual, but it's hard to know what is working without going deep into the weeks.  I would not recommend it to someone looking for a cut and paste program, but it's a good program for those capable of doing some work to it.

Edit:video added
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC7_pPZDMHE
View Quote

Solid squat, you've got at least 425 in ya.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:59:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Man I've got tendonitis or something in my hip that's driving me crazy. Been a problem for a couple years and now it's getting worse. Getting old fucking sucks.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:44:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
Man I've got tendonitis or something in my hip that's driving me crazy. Been a problem for a couple years and now it's getting worse. Getting old fucking sucks.
View Quote

I use a framing hammer at work to really get into the flexors.

The hammer side, not the claw side.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:18:48 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Yeah I got a theragun that seems to help, same idea. That thing is painful sometimes lol
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:31:38 PM EDT
[#37]
I have something going on with my hip that’s been bugging me for a couple of years. I think it may be bursitis. Right at, or below where I can feel the top of the femur and it feels like someone hit me with a framing hammer after I squat heavy. I get some relief by squatting narrower than I want to.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:33:49 PM EDT
[#38]
I have something going on with my hip that’s been bugging me for a couple of years. I think it may be bursitis. Right at, or below where I can feel the top of the femur and it feels like someone hit me with a framing hammer after I squat heavy. I get some relief by squatting narrower than I want to.
View Quote

My first thought was bursitis actually, and it might be that. Squatting is a bit uncomfortable, but what I really noticed bugs it is power snatches/cleans where you have to reverse the movement of the barbell very quickly.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 2:40:07 PM EDT
[#39]
I don't know if it was Cube, Science, or the Shoulderrok, but my bench went from 235 to 275 in 8 weeks.

Feels good man.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:59:01 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

It's a drag getting old, so far better than the other option

I've got some tendonitisish issues in my right arm but not in the elbow at all. I found a stretch on YouTube that will cure it for a day or two then it comes back.....and this is just the beginning of getting old lol.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:00:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By therex:
I don't know if it was Cube, Science, or the Shoulderrok, but my bench went from 235 to 275 in 8 weeks.

Feels good man.
View Quote

Rock out

Better living through chemicals.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:30:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: camarojsmith] [#42]
Did something to my elbow this weekend.  Pain everywhere.  bicep, tricep, back of elbow, and forearm.  I don't think I did it lifting but it hurts like hell after.  ice and advil are helping.  It felt pretty good so  I thought I would be ok squatting today.  Nope hurts bad now.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:59:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By GUNGUY148:

I've got some tendonitisish issues in my right arm but not in the elbow at all. I found a stretch on YouTube that will cure it for a day or two then it comes back.....and this is just the beginning of getting old lol.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GUNGUY148:

The other option is a healing factor like Wolverine, I don't know what you're talking about
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#44]

My first thought was bursitis actually, and it might be that. Squatting is a bit uncomfortable, but what I really noticed bugs it is power snatches/cleans where you have to reverse the movement of the barbell very quickly.
View All Quotes

Lateral movement puts me down for the count when it comes to my hips.

If I'm bent over and walking sideways my hips get so fucking tight and sore.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 5:54:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: grady] [#45]
We sound like a bunch of old broken fucks.

I still can’t sneeze or cough after my unfortunate bench incident a month ago. Still trying to get back to where I left off.

I remember being made out of testosterone and rubber a long, long time ago.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 6:00:39 PM EDT
[#46]

I still can’t sneeze or cough after my unfortunate bench incident a month ago. Still trying to get back to where I left off.

View Quote

Better to rust out than wear out I guess.

My knee has been killing me since this weekend. We danced for about 4 hours, hard.

I'm not even old.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 6:15:55 PM EDT
[#47]

My knee has been killing me since this weekend. We danced for about 4 hours, hard.

I'm not even old.
View All Quotes

I'm not even old.

I’m doing my best to not rust. It’s easy to say “fuck it.”  I’m trying not to.

But, I burned brush all day on Saturday.  For Sunday and Monday lifts my body told me to go fuck myself. No PRs for me.

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 6:24:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By therex:

Feels good man.
View Quote

How many pullups can you do?  

Na man, good job!
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Attachment Attached File

Oh good now we get our own little cell.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#50]

But, I burned brush all day on Saturday.  For Sunday and Monday lifts my body told me to go fuck myself. No PRs for me.

View All Quotes

Better to rust out than wear out I guess

I'm not even old.

I fucked it up. I meant better to wear out than rust out.

Fuck rusting.
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top