Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#1]
The supply here would increase if the Mexican Attorney General would just concoct some sort of plan to have the Federal Police start sending them across the border. Sounds far-fetched, I know.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:35:28 PM EDT
[#2]
It's probably a combination of it's all that's left for newbies and gun guys grabbing something they always wanted but were putting off
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:39:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think a lot of people are trying to buy what they actually wanted but maybe put off. The panic button got hit not too long ago.

OP- sounds like my place, AFB?
View Quote

@stickcar

Yes, I’m a regular there but lately haven’t found much to buy.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:40:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Wait until magazines are hard to get. Magpuls and OKAYs for $75 a pop.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:40:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm surprised. Guns are actually moving relatively slowly in NOVA (though maybe faster than previous years) and plenty of LGS's have items at every pricepoint. Only ammo is WTF priced.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A guy I work with bought a brand I haven't heard of 9MM AR pistol for $3,400 last week.

He then proudly showed me he got two Glock mags for $55 each. I actually didn't judge him because I didn't know if he was that retarded or the market was that retarded and I just haven't needed anything recently.

I'm surprised. Guns are actually moving relatively slowly in NOVA (though maybe faster than previous years) and plenty of LGS's have items at every pricepoint. Only ammo is WTF priced.

He might be the retard. I haven't even been looking. I'm happy for the moment.

When I see cases of ammo and KAC cans on sale again, I'll jump. I've been 50/50 with my QDC/CQB sometimes I love it sometimes I'm thinking why did I pay for this. First rifle can so I'm used to 9mm/45/22 handguns and PCCs that are really quiet.

I understand 556 is a different animal, I understand supersonic, I'm just.... well... undecided.

Subsonic suppressed is still my favorite for blatantly obvious reasons
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:43:37 PM EDT
[#6]
That Econ 101 deal strikes again...

Granted, this round, I believe the prices are going to go even higher than 2013 as a result of manufacturers having slowed way down on production.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:49:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Just the opposite here. I’ve been looking for a DD SBR or pistol for three months and can’t find anything besides DPMS, Colt, Windham, etc.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:00:41 PM EDT
[#8]
My local Scheel's had ONE AR earlier this week. Even during the worst of covid they had a dozen. So I thought "I guess we've reached Peak AR". But I popped back in a few days ago and they had 4 S&W braced .22 AR pistols, and 3 S&W 5.56 braced pistols. I would've bought one of each if I didn't already have Springfield Saint Victor braced pistols in 5.56, .300blk, and .308. As well as a CMMG Guard in 9mm. But still... I'll admit to being tempted by the S&Ws. I keep going in there looking for an SA Saint Edge PDW, but they've never had one in yet.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:13:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The whole firearms hobby sucks a fat dick right now. Can't buy shit, and if you can it's way over MSRP. Target shooting from the ammo fort is emotionally painful due to the cost.

It went from hobby to necessity, with all of the baggage that comes with it.
View Quote

You should not be looking at this as a hobby, how anyone could after having a presidential election was stolen with no recourse is beyond me.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:21:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I stopped by my local store and both walls were pretty much full. Prices seemed close to normal. Pistols weren’t stocked up but they had a decent selection. Those were priced higher than normal though. Accessories were normal price and in stock.  There was no ammo though, obviously.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:25:16 PM EDT
[#11]
There are still plenty of cheaper AR's around.

This panic is different, people focused on ammo first because it wasn't about bans, it was about the need to be armed; now fewer people are running around throwing cash at guns worrying about bans because they had to spend all their money on ammo.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:30:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just saw a kid buy a Rock River today and one box of ammo like the zombies were outside waiting for him. The guy asked if he wanted more mags than just the one that it came with. He said, "What for, there's no ammo to load into them".

That must suck.
View Quote

@noFoTeeneR

That’s a sad, fucked up story.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:32:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There are still plenty of cheaper AR's around.

This panic is different, people focused on ammo first because it wasn't about bans, it was about the need to be armed; now fewer people are running around throwing cash at guns worrying about bans because they had to spend all their money on ammo.
View Quote

Yeah...OK....Holler at me in 60 days or so....Ammo is important and always will be, but I saw what happened to rifles themselves as well as mags.

Nothing ever happens in a vacuum and it takes a while for rifle stocks to diminish regionally.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:34:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yeah...OK....Holler at me in 60 days or so....Ammo is important and always will be, but I saw what happened to rifles themselves as well as mags.

Nothing ever happens in a vacuum and it takes a while for rifle stocks to diminish regionally.
View Quote

We're still drowning in all manner of firearms in my area.  

Uppers and parts online are sporadic, but it's better now than it was at a few times over the past months.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:34:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Haven't bought a new AR in quite some time. Now AK's on the other hand...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:35:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Nope. And gave them off brand mags too.
TangoDown
MSAR
Amend2nd

Zero ammo either
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you give them a reach around?

Nope. And gave them off brand mags too.
TangoDown
MSAR
Amend2nd

Zero ammo either

@Jupiter7

Just curious:  Did they all just turn 18 and it was their last chance to buy the AR-15’s, or were they older and did they sit on their ass the last 4+ years of salad days?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:40:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Gucci $2k+ stuff is still available. Everything decent below that is gone though.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:40:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I went to Cabela’s today because I was in the neighborhood, they only had one semi-auto rifle in stock, and very few handguns aside from revolvers and 1911s.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:48:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I stopped by my local store and both walls were pretty much full. Prices seemed close to normal. Pistols weren't stocked up but they had a decent selection. Those were priced higher than normal though. Accessories were normal price and in stock.  There was no ammo though, obviously.
View Quote
That's how it is around here.  There IS a lot of buying going on but it "seems" to be hand guns (First time buyers?) that are powering it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:48:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I went to Cabela’s today because I was in the neighborhood, they only had one semi-auto rifle in stock, and very few handguns aside from revolvers and 1911s.
View Quote

Cabela's here has been a complete ghost town since covid. I grab a couple boxes of 9mm there from time to time, but for whatever reason, ALL of the dozen or so gun shops here have had WAY more semi-auto inventory flow through than Cabela's.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:04:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

@Jupiter7

Just curious:  Did they all just turn 18 and it was their last chance to buy the AR-15’s, or were they older and did they sit on their ass the last 4+ years of salad days?
View Quote

Was a mix. From 20’s -60’s. Felt bad for the guys that bought lowers. PSA “special” editions $150 a piece. Poly lower $85. Good luck building

ETA: @C-4
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:47:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

@stickcar

Yes, I’m a regular there but lately haven’t found much to buy.
View Quote

Small world!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:18:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Guess it's time to break out some of my Franken  builds and put a for sale sign on them!
View Quote
Yeah. I need to do a local market survey.  We usually don't have any shortage of AR15 in town, but a week can change everything.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:31:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Was a mix. From 20’s -60’s. Felt bad for the guys that bought lowers. PSA “special” editions $150 a piece. Poly lower $85. Good luck building

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Jupiter7

I sent some relatives to get lowers for themselves months ago and the pricks at the shop all sent them home with weird-ass off brand stripped stuff.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:45:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:05:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Felt bad for the guys that bought lowers. PSA “special” editions $150 a piece. Poly lower $85. Good luck building
View Quote

@jupiter7

Don’t feel bad for those guys, some of them had uppers laying around to mate to them
Attachment Attached File

Those were built on an A2 and an A4 marked lower. I have an A2 upper but need a barrel to finish that one out right and the sights are some cheapies I had laying around.

I didn’t pay $150 for them though either
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:08:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

@jupiter7

Don’t feel bad for those guys, some of them had uppers laying around to mate to them
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164962/1D698FD3-53BA-48D0-810E-739AE9228482_jpe-1792943.JPG

Those were built on an A2 and an A4 marked lower. I have an A2 upper but need a barrel to finish that one out right and the sights are some cheapies I had laying around.

I didn’t pay $150 for them though either
View Quote

Yeah, these were completely stripped lowers. Pretty sure panic buying and also taking advantage of face to face sales being legal here. Funny thing is, Anderson lowers are in stock $49 at places right now. Full lower build kits also, $129. $180, complete lower.

@Banshee35

ETA: I bought Wolf A1 upper with proceeds from AIM today.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:25:59 PM EDT
[#28]
I keep meaning to buy one of the shorty Wolf A1 uppers but just haven’t done it for some reason.

I had a few LPKs from CMMG I picked up at Knob Creek a year ago for $25/each.

In hind sight I wish I would have bought them all.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:28:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Laughs in Overstock. com chuckle.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top