Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No love for Hop?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In on 1 and James is hilarious, only one I care to watch on TFB.

No love for Hop?

Hop is my favorite lesbian aunt.

James's Mail Calls are the reason I subscribed, that dude would be a blast to drink with.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:22:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Oh, I still have it. It will return.

From a filthy bow tie boy?

I'll take it, thank you. 41k original miles, still running. It's a long story but I've had a classic Mustang since I was 16. I bought a rusted out 66 coupe with 112k miles for $2500 with my summer grocery bagging money when I was a sophomore. My dad got me a single coat/Bondo job for it for my birthday, probably so he wouldn't be embarrassed when I parked in front of the house. No AC in Pensacola, FL and it kinda ran like shit but I still loved it. I assume that's your car in your avatar. Gorgeous.

Ooh, sorry I am afraid I don't know what you are talking about so I don't know how to fix it. You could try unplugging your router, waiting a few minutes, and plugging it back in.

Understandably, my on-camera demeanor can sometimes can rub people the wrong way, but at this point, 6 years in, it seems like most of the people who watch the channel know what to expect from me. When I meet viewers in public, there's usually a joke or a jab back and forth plus some gun chat, and it makes me feel like I've connected with some of you. Again, I'm grateful. I've even shared a couple of chocolate Ensures with some of the 1911 owners of the audience in the past.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm serious about the multicam tracksuit, we need another slav video.

Oh, I still have it. It will return.

Quoted:
I think he deserves a life membership.
ETA, love your 69.

From a filthy bow tie boy?

I'll take it, thank you. 41k original miles, still running. It's a long story but I've had a classic Mustang since I was 16. I bought a rusted out 66 coupe with 112k miles for $2500 with my summer grocery bagging money when I was a sophomore. My dad got me a single coat/Bondo job for it for my birthday, probably so he wouldn't be embarrassed when I parked in front of the house. No AC in Pensacola, FL and it kinda ran like shit but I still loved it. I assume that's your car in your avatar. Gorgeous.

Quoted:

No more subliminal crotch shots, please

Ooh, sorry I am afraid I don't know what you are talking about so I don't know how to fix it. You could try unplugging your router, waiting a few minutes, and plugging it back in.

Quoted:

Hory shet, glad to see you're here man!!! I can't speak for everyone but I enjoy the smartassness, mirrors my own manners!

Understandably, my on-camera demeanor can sometimes can rub people the wrong way, but at this point, 6 years in, it seems like most of the people who watch the channel know what to expect from me. When I meet viewers in public, there's usually a joke or a jab back and forth plus some gun chat, and it makes me feel like I've connected with some of you. Again, I'm grateful. I've even shared a couple of chocolate Ensures with some of the 1911 owners of the audience in the past.

Lol yes it is, it looks allot different now, it’s ready to come out of its final rebuild, pretty much the only thing stock now is the body and front subframe, buts it’s been highly modified as well.

I actually am looking for a 70 fastback so I can make a 69/70 era Trans Am racer clone. I have always loved the #9 Coke car. I also have the C700 Ford truck to build the car hauler as well.  So I bleed competition orange and blue.

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you bash 16+1 10mm 2011's???

And you outed yourself, can't wait for the meltdown.

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Never heard of this channel but I liked the video so I subscribed.  Great work!
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:35:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the gun from Heat.

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:40:03 PM EDT
[#6]
pretty sure Kirk Cameron  gives solid advise about plate carrier and hydration setups in the Armory section
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:45:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Need a 87 written on a crotch shot.

It's the only way to hat tip us.

Also 2007 lol newb.
View Quote

how's this

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Raifu Canoe is like GD on meth.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:48:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No love for Hop?
View Quote

Hop is ok, just feel like I can watch any video James makes and learn/enjoy/laugh with it.

On a side note I laughed through the whole budget tactical shotgun video.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No love for Hop?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In on 1 and James is hilarious, only one I care to watch on TFB.

No love for Hop?
This.

Hop rules.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:49:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Raifu Canoe is like GD on meth.
View Quote

There are japanese cartoon boobs in GD now? I always thought it was just conspiracy theories and made up self defense encounters.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ha. It's me. I lurk here on the reg, and I've always loved ARFCOM. I'm glad to hear that you guys like the content. I am a little bit of a smartass on the channel (and *maybe* in real life) but I'm extremely grateful to be able to make gun videos and to find that some people appreciate it. FWIW I come up with my own video ideas and I edit my own stuff because I enjoy the entire process more than I should.

Thanks for the encouragement.

https://twitter.com/jjreeves/status/1421137289279942660?s=20
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

or

?

Ha. It's me. I lurk here on the reg, and I've always loved ARFCOM. I'm glad to hear that you guys like the content. I am a little bit of a smartass on the channel (and *maybe* in real life) but I'm extremely grateful to be able to make gun videos and to find that some people appreciate it. FWIW I come up with my own video ideas and I edit my own stuff because I enjoy the entire process more than I should.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

[Ron_Burgundy]I don't believe you[/Ron_Burgundy]

Post on your twitter, "87! Chili has beans!  Get both!"

EDIT:

Welcome!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[Ron_Burgundy]I don't believe you[/Ron_Burgundy]

Post on your twitter, "87! Chili has beans!  Get both!"

EDIT:

Welcome!

PloufDaddy has made an appearance too! ...
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:52:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:52:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
James,
Painting the Ruger went just a little too far.
I loved it.
Haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
Thanks for the great content.
View Quote

Quoted:
James, you rock.
View Quote

Quoted:
Nice, dude. Love your videos.
View Quote

Thanks gang. I hope ultimately the Ameriflauge Ruger might get famous enough where it gets auctioned off for charity or FPC or something.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:54:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thanks gang. I hope ultimately the Ameriflauge Ruger might get famous enough where it gets auctioned off for charity or FPC or something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
James,
Painting the Ruger went just a little too far.
I loved it.
Haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
Thanks for the great content.

Quoted:
James, you rock.

Quoted:
Nice, dude. Love your videos.

Hell yeah. Keep rocking those shorts man
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:55:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

One of my most favorite videos to make for a lot of reasons, and I stand by that vid title. I have the M4 and the 1301 and dollar for dollar it's a no brainer. I'm not saying my M4 is worse (or better...) than my 1301, but for the price it's not even a close call between the two.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/140425/image_from_ios_jpg-2033209.JPG
View Quote
Lol @ profile pic!
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:55:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Aw. Thanks guys.
View Quote

IN!
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:57:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I bought my Beretta 1301 after watching this - last week
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:59:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Figures the guy from 2002 gets it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:03:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

And you outed yourself, can't wait for the meltdown.

View Quote

Not bad.

Quoted:

Lol yes it is, it looks allot different now, it’s ready to come out of its final rebuild, pretty much the only thing stock now is the body and front subframe, buts it’s been highly modified as well.
View Quote

NOT BAD!

Quoted:
Never heard of this channel but I liked the video so I subscribed.  Great work!
View Quote

Thank you-
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:05:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Love the channel but hate the shorts
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:06:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Hop is my favorite lesbian aunt.

James's Mail Calls are the reason I subscribed, that dude would be a blast to drink with.
View Quote

Any time. I try to host a meet up when I go out of town, and will almost certainly do that in Houston for NRAAM. I usually post details on IG and Twitter. At the last NRAAM in Indy we all got kicked out of the St. Joseph Brewery and it turned into a pretty gritty bar crawl. I still keep up with several of those dudes.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of my most favorite videos to make for a lot of reasons, and I stand by that vid title. I have the M4 and the 1301 and dollar for dollar it's a no brainer. I'm not saying my M4 is worse (or better...) than my 1301, but for the price it's not even a close call between the two.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/140425/image_from_ios_jpg-2033209.JPG

I don’t even own a shotgun and his 1301 video(s) make me want one. Good stuff. I also like his jokes about the “poors”.

Going to watch the new video tonight.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:18:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Hey, just curious. Did you ever post anything on the Lucas thing?

(Not a Lucas thread now)

JUST CURIOUS
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:19:10 PM EDT
[#26]
One of the few gun channels I always enjoy even if it’s not a gun or something I’m particularly interested in for myself. All the recent shotgun vids have been great and I never was that into shotguns.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:20:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No love for Hop?
View Quote

You mean Stephen King Jr./someone's lesbian aunt?
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:30:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Hey, just curious. Did you ever post anything on the Lucas thing?

(Not a Lucas thread now)

JUST CURIOUS
View Quote

Oh jeez. Which thing? Seems like it's controversy all the time. Without singling out any one person specifically because it's widespread, imo, throughout YouTube, that normal human beings get this pulpit and, being normal human beings, the bigger the following gets, the less introspective we become, myself included. You don't have people questioning you anymore, so at a certain point it's like the emperor's new clothes, and you can say whatever the fuck you want and get away with it or you become your own works cited.

I am a gun enthusiast, I never served in the military, I never was in law enforcement. My neighbors think I am weird when they find out how many guns I own. That's where I am the SME. "Weird gun guy." So when I try to be didactic, it's either talking with authority about the very few things I have personal experience with, or in the form of passing on information I've picked up from respected members of the community who are SMEs. I would never do a video called "how to STOMP TERRORIST DICK with your AR-15," but I was honored to make a "4 Ways to Shoot Your AR-15 Better", which was a collab with Bill Blowers, who is a fantastic shooter. I don't think I would have had much to offer if I tried to carry that one on my own, and I think I am a pretty decent shooter.

I'm trying to say that I personally feel uncomfortable speaking with authority outside of my area of expertise or (non-jokingly) opining beyond the depth of my experience, and I think that if you plan on doing it, at least practice some humility or expect some potential repercussions.

That all said, anyone out here with a jillion followers doing gun stuff and getting people into it, fucking great. Tell people you are a Jedi for all I care as long as people are coming into the gun tent instead of filing out.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:33:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Oh jeez. Which thing? Seems like it's controversy all the time. Without singling out any one person specifically because it's widespread, imo, throughout YouTube, that normal human beings get this pulpit and, being normal human beings, the bigger the following gets, the less introspective we become, myself included. You don't have people questioning you anymore, so at a certain point it's like the emperor's new clothes, and you can say whatever the fuck you want and get away with it or you become your own works cited.

I am a gun enthusiast, I never served in the military, I never was in law enforcement. My neighbors think I am weird when they find out how many guns I own. That's where I am the SME. "Weird gun guy." So when I try to be didactic, it's either talking with authority about the very few things I have personal experience with, or in the form of passing on information I've picked up from respected members of the community who are SMEs. I would never do a video called "how to STOMP TERRORIST DICK with your AR-15," but I was honored to make a "4 Ways to Shoot Your AR-15 Better", which was a collab with Bill Blowers, who is a fantastic shooter. I don't think I would have had much to offer if I tried to carry that one on my own, and I think I am a pretty decent shooter.

I'm trying to say that I personally feel uncomfortable speaking with authority outside of my area of expertise or (non-jokingly) opining beyond the depth of my experience, and I think that if you plan on doing it, at least practice some humility or expect some potential repercussions.

That all said, anyone out here with a jillion followers doing gun stuff and getting people into it, fucking great. Tell people you are a Jedi for all I care as long as people are coming into the gun tent instead of filing out.
View Quote
Well said.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:34:09 PM EDT
[#30]
More importantly. Beans or no beans?
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:40:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
One of the few gun channels I always enjoy even if it’s not a gun or something I’m particularly interested in for myself. All the recent shotgun vids have been great and I never was that into shotguns.
View Quote

Same here. We are making the journey together, friend, your hot little hand in mine. I did not give an eff about a shotgun 2 years ago (I had 3 until recently, that's it) until Clint Smith and Jack Daniel at TR showed me how brutal (and fun) a properly-rigged shotgun can be. I bought 3 shotguns in the past 2 weeks, Axehund. And a shitload of overpriced 6-shot and buck. These are all for upcoming videos but like I said earlier, I do things because I like them, and I am getting into shotguns pretty heavily rn.

Quoted:
View Quote

I married a no beans person and was disappointed to find out that this could not be the basis for an at-fault divorce, so she'd get half my shotguns if I left.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:40:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same bro. You would enjoy this thread.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Uncommon-Guns-Found-in-the-Middle-East/5-2380809/
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:42:34 PM EDT
[#33]
This thread has made my day.

We love you James!

No homo.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:46:46 PM EDT
[#34]
I happen to live in the Middle East and own a couple of the uncommon guns.

Here's my favorite.

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:47:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:  Kinda bummed because we have not seen our usual number of possums in the neighborhood. I think people still believe they are rabies-carrying killing machines and so they trap or poison them. I always thought it was a pleasant surprise to see a sabertooth death mouse on the back porch eating the stray cat food.

GOTTA dab on the poors from time to time. I'm not one to judge a person based on socioeconomic status and I think that, even playing up my snobby gun aristocrat persona (which is indeed based in reality), budget manufacturers are vital to gun ownership and everyone should have access to self defense or just the opportunity to piss steel ammo away at dirt piles. BUT THAT SAID, sometimes the PSA crowd needs to get knocked off their "just as good as LMT/BCM/DD" pedestal. You guys know it's true.
View Quote

It's not the possums or raccoons that come through the cat door for food, it's the foxes fighting w/ the cats & us getting the vet bill.

But is a LMT better than 3x PSA?  Rusted Ace says no of course - but what does your advertising $s say?  

I had mostly written off your videos due to the online persona - I mainly follow Ian & Othias, and some goofy Pakistani who rarely wears eyepro - but now that I know you're an ARFCOMer I'll give you another shot.

If you ever want to play w/ superglue & Legos, drop me a line.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:47:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Hey James, great to have you on here. Love your videos and your sense of humor. Definitely one of my favorite You Tubers. Keep up the good work!

I’m not much of a shotgun guy, but your video on the 1301 convinced me to get one. I’ll be adding one to the collection shortly.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:47:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Love the channel but hate the shorts
View Quote

I have recently gotten two pairs of short shorts. Mine's an homage to Magnum PI, but I love James too!
No fucking homo
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:48:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Just wanted to say hi and thanks for letting us know we have a celebrity in our presence!

Keep up the great work.

Content creators like yourself, give thousands and thousands of people access to great information and really spread the word how fun shooting and gun handling can be.

it's that access to information that helps secure our 2nd rights.

As an enthusiast, I appreciate it and thank you!
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:56:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Today was a good day at ARFcom.  Thanks OP and James
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:05:53 PM EDT
[#40]
I've watched a few of James's videos and enjoyed them.  But something kept bothering me and I couldn't quite put my finger on it.  Then I realized what it was.

James looks like Hal Sparks.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:10:01 PM EDT
[#41]
I watch!
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:11:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

But is a LMT better than 3x PSA?  Rusted Ace says no of course - but what does your advertising $s say?  

I had mostly written off your videos due to the online persona - I mainly follow Ian & Othias, and some goofy Pakistani who rarely wears eyepro - but now that I know you're an ARFCOMer I'll give you another shot.

View Quote

No, I completely get this on all counts. Realistically I don't think most owners are going to really shoot a PSA until it falls apart (who can afford the 520-600 rounds it takes to completely destroy a PSA in this climate anyways?) I think I would indeed rather have one BCM than 2-3 PSAs just like a one carat diamond is worth more than two half carat diamonds, but I think there's logic in buying 2-3 PSAs instead. I think it's reasonable to say that you should spend the money on one cheap gun and ammo/training instead. I think it's reasonable to say you should buy once, cry once, and you'll get the ammo and the training after you've financially recuperated from purchasing a top of the line rifle. The only thing I personally believe is unreasonable is that people feel so strongly about one of those approaches that they would say any other way of doing it is wrong. As long as we can all agree that any AR is better than any AK, which is objectively true, then I think any approach makes sense, even if I would personally do something different.

Also I realize that I come off as an insufferable cocksucker to some people, especially Ian and Othias fans. We all have different personalities and mine sometimes rubs people the wrong way. But if you want an "I'm not really an asshole" endorsement, I rode with Ian and his wife in his white Subaru (that is so Ian, by the way) to the HK party at the last SHOT Show. We don't regularly keep up but I consider him something between acquaintance and friend.

Quoted:

No fucking homo
View Quote

love you dudes, full homo over here

Quoted:
Just wanted to say hi and thanks for letting us know we have a celebrity in our presence!
View Quote

oh you, stop
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:19:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just revisited some of the beans/no beans threads and the arrogance of no beans people is really pissing me off. I don't have time to write a rebuttal, just know that my frustration is con carne rn.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:21:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Any time. I try to host a meet up when I go out of town, and will almost certainly do that in Houston for NRAAM. I usually post details on IG and Twitter. At the last NRAAM in Indy we all got kicked out of the St. Joseph Brewery and it turned into a pretty gritty bar crawl. I still keep up with several of those dudes.
View Quote

Don't know if I'll make it that far south anytime soon but if they start TriggrCon back up, it's a date.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:21:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Smartass humor is best humor, and for that I tip my cap to you, James.

Now can we get this man enough support so he can afford shirts and shorts larger than the smediums he's forced to wear now?

Good vids, Sir. Keep the content rollin.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:22:38 PM EDT
[#46]
The GIF from Heat.

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:23:37 PM EDT
[#47]
James Reeves Q&A thread now!!

Glock 19 or Glock 19?
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#48]
James can do no wrong after the hilarious AK dunking video ("....made by children...and that's if you got a good one.."). I love the style and persona. Could tell from the interview with Bloke On The Range that Reeves is a good guy.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:30:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Just what I needed to start my weekend. This thread delivers...
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:30:31 PM EDT
[#50]
I love the mail call videos.  

Looking good, Ernie...keep up the bad work.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top