Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2020 6:36:32 PM EDT
2020 XT Special Pivot Mach 6. Pedals like an xc bike, rips down like an enduro bike. The frame is $3500, but they have this deal right now, whole bike for $3700.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:19:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Why did you have to post this?????  I have too many bike as it is.  Pivot has always been on my short list of bikes that I'd buy.  Owner used to run Titus bikes.  My son bought a used Pivot, sold it for what we paid for it, 3 years later.

Comparable bikes to this sell for $6k and higher (as you know).
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:21:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting choice of fork, though.....
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 9:28:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Marz is owned by Fox; it's basically a Fox with GRIP damper, a very good fork. I rode one for the past two years.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 6:21:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this still the good deal it appears to be? Seriously considering an upgrade.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah that's a solid deal for a carbon XT bike for sure...
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 12:56:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this still the good deal it appears to be? Seriously considering an upgrade.
View Quote

Do you mean as of 24 hours ago? Yes. You also get a 10 year warranty.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#7]
hundred fifty bucks more gets you the Guerrilla gravity smash.. Carbon bike made in Colorado with some awesome engineering..
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#8]
What about options under $1000?  Been wanting a bike for a while but I know almost nothing about brands
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 8:42:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
hundred fifty bucks more gets you the Guerrilla gravity smash.. Carbon bike made in Colorado with some awesome engineering..
View Quote

I have the Shred Dogg bookmarked as a likely option for my next bike.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 9:51:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What about options under $1000?  Been wanting a bike for a while but I know almost nothing about brands
View Quote

I would just get the Pivot and ride the shit out of it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 6:15:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  Make the effort to get your money out of it.  I budget $1000 per year for a new bike...i.e., for each of the 5 years I've been riding the current (primary) bike, I figure it will be worth $1000 on the next one.  To me that's cheap for the 200+ hours of entertainment / exercise I get from my bike each year these days. Plus the govt chipped in another $1200 to my budget for this year.

No, I'm not including maintenance that's just part of the operating budget, and I'm not deducting emergency room or physical therapy expenses from the budget.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:10:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Interesting choice of fork, though.....
View Quote

Owned by fox and has GRIP tech in it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:17:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I have the Shred Dogg bookmarked as a likely option for my next bike.
View Quote

in a few years when I'm ready for an upgrade from my Evil I'll be going to GG...
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:23:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Wow, haven't looked at bikes in probably 15 years. Holy inflation batman.....

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:44:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep!  About the same length of time for me too.  Cannondale had just released their lefty fork, carbon frames were fairly new, and FS bikes all had peddle bob like a mother (in addition to weighing significantly more than an HT).

I rode heavy for 4 or 5 years and mine became a wall hanger.  Thought I'd get back into it and started checking out new tech.  Yep, gonna clean and lube mine up and ride it.  Hell, back in the day I upgraded my old aluminum frame bike with Nuke Proof hubs, XTR deraileurs, XT crankset, Rock Shoks SID fork.  It'll be fine.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:03:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

These are carbon frame bikes though. A similarly equipped aluminum bike will be around $1500-$2000.

Edit: oof, the Mach 6 aluminum is $3k. Maybe I’m way off base here...
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 9:27:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, the carbon to aluminum difference isn't really that much these days.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 9:33:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm not so sure about that. My (aluminum hardtail) Cannondale F3000 frame and fork in 1999 was about $1000 at cost plus 10% bike shop sponsorship deal. That's $1560 in 2019 dollars. iirc, the whole thing with XTR and custom wheels was about $3000. This Mach 6 is light years better than that thing. Great deal. Don't forget this is a boutique company using a patented suspension tech, the DW link. You also get a 10 year warranty from a company that will pick up the phone. Cocalis is a rider himself; the company isn't run by some corporate fat cats.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 9:48:42 AM EDT
[#19]
one of the accountant boys doing the audit at the office this week had one..

good looking bike, I think his was a 29er though..

personally, I've not found any reason to get rid of my aluminum framed Anthem..
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 5:39:44 PM EDT
[#20]
@Skillshot question for you. Lots opinions on the internet, but I value your's...

Pivot Mach 6 vs. Ibis Mojo. If both could be had for the same price, which would be your preferred one-bike-quiver trail ripper?
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 12:12:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
@Skillshot question for you. Lots opinions on the internet, but I value your's...

Pivot Mach 6 vs. Ibis Mojo. If both could be had for the same price, which would be your preferred one-bike-quiver trail ripper?
View Quote

Good buddy of mine rode the Mojo 3 and has a Mojo 4 on the way. He kept up fine except in the roughest stuff. If you weren't doing extended, high speed downhills regularly, Mojo. If you do, Mach 6. You can run sag at 30% for steep trails, but for flattish trails reduce sag to 20-25% and dial up lsc on the shock a bit. The Mach 6 does great as a trail bike if you build it with lighter components. There's a lot of overlap between these two.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 9:22:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Specialized FatBoy. $1500 No suspension needed since you only run around 8-12 psi.
If you haven't tried a fat tire, they are grin machines. Added bonus is little kids will point to it and their eyes bug out. I run 4.6 tires and it's great in rocky/loose terrain and on technical climbs.

Yes...they are slow and the tires are pricey...so much fun tho'!

Link Posted: 7/8/2020 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Specialized FatBoy. $1500 No suspension needed since you only run around 8-12 psi.
If you haven't tried a fat tire, they are grin machines. Added bonus is little kids will point to it and their eyes bug out. I run 4.6 tires and it's great in rocky/loose terrain and on technical climbs.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/163015/fatty-1494480.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/163015/guadfatty-1494481.jpg

Yes...they are slow and the tires are pricey...so much fun tho'!

View Quote

8 psi!

we run at 5-7 out here in the sand.

and yeah, they are a bit slower but  you can do way more on them. if you don't care about times or keeping up with your fastest friends and just want to have fun, they're a great option I think gets overlooked too much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top