Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2021 10:47:03 PM EDT
We all know this guy, coworker, friend, associate or even yourself, we all know his life, the one i know, i feel sorry for him.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:07:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Dumb.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:10:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I should bill you for that time
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:11:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Everyone is special...
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:14:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

what, you dont know some poor bastard that is stuck in this trap of his own making?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:14:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Pretty much my life just no girl
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:16:34 PM EDT
[#6]
It’s videos like that, that will make you think sucking a dick is a good idea
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:50:32 PM EDT
[#7]
"of his own making."

So why should I give any fucks?  Some people just like to bitch and be miserable.  I don't associate with toxic people.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:51:49 PM EDT
[#8]
itt retarded logic for justifying meaningless doomer existence
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:52:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
"of his own making."

So why should I give any fucks?  Some people just like to bitch and be miserable.  I don't associate with toxic people.
View Quote

people who use the word toxic unironically are unironically toxic
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:55:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Commie propaganda is what that was.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:00:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

what, you dont know some poor bastard that is stuck in this trap of his own making?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can think of more tolerable ways to illustrate the point
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:04:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:06:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

EVERYONE is stuck in a trap of their own making.  Rich or poor, average or exceptional.  It's simply part of the human condition.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

EVERYONE is stuck in a trap of their own making.  Rich or poor, average or exceptional.  It's simply part of the human condition.
I'm really not sure how else to describe life- it IS a rut.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:26:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

EVERYONE is stuck in a trap of their own making.  Rich or poor, average or exceptional.  It’s simply part of the human condition.
View Quote

Woke up from a crap dream.  Insomnia.  Huh, wonder what’s on Arf...

I should NOT have clicked on this thread.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:30:15 AM EDT
[#15]
It’s time to find your sack ladies
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:10:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Wouldn't be an issue if wife character didn't do stupid shit like spend money of sleeves.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:17:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

EVERYONE is stuck in a trap of their own making.  Rich or poor, average or exceptional.  It’s simply part of the human condition.
View Quote

Yep

You got it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:25:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah it do.  Contentment lies in embracing  the monotony.  Understanding the dynamic of human life.  We are intrigued and drawn to new and different yet ultimately earn fulfillment in handling ones responsibilty.  

There is nothing more pure than a man who accepts his role and handles his business, without lamenting his woes to all around.

Generally speaking we are self centered and arrogant yet insignificant by pretty much all metrics.  Understanding this provides perspective.

We have all chosen our paths.  Accept it and thrive, or fight it and wallow in regret and misery.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:26:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Married... With Children - Al Bundy: "So you think I'm a loser..."

Gen-X version, and a little too accurate in some places.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:33:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Fuck that commie shit,
You get out of life what you put into it ......
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:41:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yeah it do.  Contentment lies in embracing  the monotony.  Understanding the dynamic of human life.  We are intrigued and drawn to new and different yet ultimately earn fulfillment in handling ones responsibilty.  

There is nothing more pure than a man who accepts his role and handles his business, without lamenting his woes to all around.

Generally speaking we are self centered and arrogant yet insignificant by pretty much all metrics.  Understanding this provides perspective.

We have all chosen our paths.  Accept it and thrive, or fight it and wallow in regret and misery.
View Quote

That's pretty deep for arfcom....

While this is true, i found meaning again when my kid was born. My purpose in life is to raise her to be a good human being and ots a very rewarding,  although sometimes difficult job.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:42:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Fuck....

That rates up there with "Badger,Badger, Mushroom" as fucking stupid and pointless.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:47:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck that!
Slog to pay the bills while planning and saving for the next adventure, and go live.
There's plenty of time for accepting the meaninglessness of life, when you're shitting yourself in the adult Diapers, and watching re-runs of Lawrence Welk in the Geezer prison.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:53:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Fpni
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:35:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Fuck that!
Slog to pay the bills while planning and saving for the next adventure, and go live.
There's plenty of time for accepting the meaninglessness of life, when you're shitting yourself in the adult Diapers, and watching re-runs of Lawrence Welk in the Geezer prison.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that!

Some of us can do both,  at the same time.
We live in unique times.  Only now do people, Americans specifically,  think they are God's gift to the world.  That they deserve excitement, material things and overall excellent quality of life.

If everything is fun nothing is.
If everything is exciting nothing is.
If everything is new nothing is.

I find joy in the day to day, whether you like it or not, day to day is the bulk of your life.  Live in the moment, not the past or the present.  What was or may be makes you lose sight of what's in front of you.  Then when you are shitting your diapers you might come to this realization.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:38:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

While this is true, i found meaning again when my kid was born. My purpose in life is to raise her to be a good human being and ots a very rewarding,  although sometimes difficult job.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand that, I have 4 kids, I'm balls deep in responsibility of my own making.  Children are the best way most of us can leave our mark.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:41:30 AM EDT
[#27]
I am just thankful I am not stuck in this particular way

O sure I have my own issues in my world, but my life is almost complete, just need a old car now and I will finally be there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:44:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:47:27 AM EDT
[#29]
If that’s how you live your life, you’re doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:49:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Dumb.
View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote

This.  I want my 2 min back.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:51:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel like this needs printed in script text over a picture of a goose sitting in an over-stuffed chair and smoking a pipe.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:52:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I prefer to think of it as soothing repetition of a patterned behavior.

The older I get the more I think I might be on the spectrum

Its all mental and perspective. You make your life exactly what you're willing to make it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:53:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Pretty much my life just no girl
View Quote

Same.

However, I choose to look at this as a positive.  I'm not a subsistence farmer, I have a climate controlled house, and I have time to do what I want when work is over.

Compared to 99% of the people in history, I'm living like a king.  I choose to count my blessings, not my sorrows.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:23:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I feel like this needs printed in script text over a picture of a goose sitting in an over-stuffed chair and smoking a pipe.

View Quote

Was just going to say.

Some people apparently build better traps than others.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:01:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I prefer to think of it as soothing repetition of a patterned behavior.

The older I get the more I think I might be on the spectrum

Its all mental and perspective. You make your life exactly what you're willing to make it.
View Quote
That glass is half full!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:09:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Ah yes, the old "I was always told I was special but am struggling with the fact that I am not really special" whine.

It's the hallmark of spoiled children.  

Everyone I knew who grew up with nothing and made something of their lives doesn't struggle with this.  It's when you're coddled growing up thinking that you're going to be a rockstar, or an astronaut or any of the other .001% of the population lifestyles promised to you by your middle class parents who achieved nothing themselves told you that this happens.  Oh noes you have a lifestyle that only includes a warm home, clean water, food to eat, medical care, and 24/7 available entertainment.  Vast swathes of the world would kill to have that.

Kids who grew up hungry in shitty homes who got themselves an education and succeeded don't buy into that doomer shit.  Talk about First World Problems.   "wah, mediocrity got me a mediocre life woe is me".  

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:23:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Tough shit

Barely passed high school worked in factory joined National guard

went active duty, divorced, remarried, had four kids deployed three times.

Retired at 46, now sitting and having lunch and will build a new gun this afternoon.

Ever man chooses his fate by his decision, action or poor decisions.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:49:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyLmSAnoR6g

View Quote
If that was my life I would have suck started a 12 gauge already.

Did some charity work today for a singlewide that burned down, made a water connection so he could pull in a camper to live in temporarily.

Place was a dump and the single wide was in the middle, how the fuck do you live to 55 and that's all you have?

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:50:57 PM EDT
[#39]
We're really all just playing Roy:

Roy: A Life Well Lived | Rick and Morty | Adult Swim
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:57:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
We're really all just playing Roy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szzVlQ653as
View Quote
I like the cookies flavored with various human emotions, sucked out of the brain of the few Rick's that broke the mold and lived a free life.

Those fuckers would sell better than meth in the real world.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:59:04 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm just an average ordinary guy.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:01:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It’s time to find your sack ladies
View Quote

Yeah, well, that’s just like your opinion man...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:18:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyLmSAnoR6g

View Quote

Words of wisdom right there ...
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 9:01:36 AM EDT
[#46]
“Special olympics, maybe”
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top