Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2022 12:19:30 AM EDT
For those of you who are interested, if you obtain a secondary MOS of 31 or 35lL/E, you are LEOSA eligible.  

So as an 18Z50, with a secondary MOS of 95B/31B from my time as a private, I am LEOSA eligible....another fantastic perk of being in the Army.

Damn, I love my Army adventure, it just keeps on giving!

18Z50
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 12:44:22 AM EDT
[#1]
So let me get this straight, you're celebrating your exemption over your fellow citizens to avoid the tyranny?
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 12:51:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Does the Army do the annual qualifications?
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 3:20:30 AM EDT
[#3]
The Army does not recognize LEOSA on their installations. How about them apples?
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 8:53:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JohnSmith6073:
Does the Army do the annual qualifications?
View Quote

The annual weapons qual (pistol) is acceptable for LEOSA.  There are a few other hoops to jump through.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 8:56:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 18B30] [#5]
Originally Posted By Justintime2:
So let me get this straight, you're celebrating your exemption over your fellow citizens to avoid the tyranny?
View Quote

I’m celebrating the three years I wasted sitting 12 hour shifts and working 36 days straight at 3411 and post 6 at ISD had value after all.

18Z50

To recap….if you are still in, especially the NG/Reserve, look into obtaining a secondary MOS in the counter intel or MP/Security Forces.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 9:34:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dogsplat] [#6]
So my four years in The Suck qualifying expert rifle and pistol and being drilled incessantly on the appropriate use of deadly force means fuck all because I wasn’t an mp.

Yay

Edit- fuck all that anyway- see 2nd amendment.

Link Posted: 4/16/2022 9:47:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 18B30] [#7]
Originally Posted By dogsplat:
So my four years in The Suck qualifying expert rifle and pistol and being drilled incessantly on the appropriate use of deadly force means fuck all because I wasn’t an mp.

Yay

View Quote

You need 10 years cumulative time with LE / Counter-intell MOS attached for LEOSA to attach either primary or secondary MOS.  

Long term picture:  The more MOS’s that become LEOSA eligible, the more MOS’s that are going to want to become LEOSA eligible.  Every MOS camel nose under the LEOSA tent is a win.  The SOF community has been probing the LEOSA tent for a carve out for SEAL's/SF/OGA/Task Force cats.  Just as CCW was the gateway for constitutional carry, LEOSA and the MIL MOS game is a future pathway forward.

18Z50
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 10:03:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By FlynnDawg5454:
The Army does not recognize LEOSA on their installations. How about them apples?
View Quote

It doesn't for now.  The ANG/NG in more progressive States are beginning to recognize LEOSA.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 12:08:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I went into Altus AFB the other day and saw a sign on the way in that said something about LEOSA but I didn’t have time to read it since it was too small for the speed I was going.  

Sucks that I have to drive around this state unarmed because I have to visit military installations.  Such BS.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:13:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Justintime2:
View Quote

You’d rather others suffer the tyranny with you?  It’s a step in the right direction and could expand to other MOSs (as already mentioned) to help out folks stationed in leftist shitholes. I sort of thought more armed “good guys” on the streets would be worth celebrating.

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 1:10:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 18B30:

You need 10 years cumulative time with LE / Counter-intell MOS attached for LEOSA to attach either primary or secondary MOS.  

Long term picture:  The more MOS’s that become LEOSA eligible, the more MOS’s that are going to want to become LEOSA eligible.  Every MOS camel nose under the LEOSA tent is a win.  The SOF community has been probing the LEOSA tent for a carve out for SEAL's/SF/OGA/Task Force cats.  Just as CCW was the gateway for constitutional carry, LEOSA and the MIL MOS game is a future pathway forward.

18Z50
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 18B30:

Yay

18Z50

10 years cumulative to apply for LEOSA? I’m on one of those MOS’s and a coworker just received his LEOSA card and definitely doesn’t have 10 years in.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 1:15:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Wtf are you babbling about…….nobody gives a shit stop trying to act smart with your crypted shit talk
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:21:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Sulley:

10 years cumulative to apply for LEOSA? I’m on one of those MOS’s and a coworker just received his LEOSA card and definitely doesn’t have 10 years in.
View Quote

I believe 10 years is if you’re already retired and no longer active.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:24:22 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top