Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2021 4:29:06 PM EDT
Looks like the Z9 is official.

A few days ago, Keiji Oishi of Nikon, confirmed in this interview, that a mirrorless camera will l be released within a year, and will have the goal of surpassing the capabilities of the D6.  And now, this announcement came out today.  

Details are not out, but I suspect it will be on par with the upcoming Sony Alpha 1 (maybe the same sensor??), or maybe even a little better.

I'm not in the market for a new camera, but it looks like the mirrorless wars are really starting to heat up.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Over/under on it costing $6k?
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Over/under on it costing $6k?
View Quote

I'll take the over on that.  The Sony Alpha 1 is up for pre-orders at $6500, and I'm sure the Nikon will be at least that.  But  the technology will likely trickle down to more affordable (for me, anyway) models.  Sort of like the equivalent of a D850, or D700.  

But I don't see myself trading in the D850 and F lenses, for a long time.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 7:38:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'll take the over on that.  The Sony Alpha 1 is up for pre-orders at $6500, and I'm sure the Nikon will be at least that.  But  the technology will likely trickle down to more affordable (for me, anyway) models.  Sort of like the equivalent of a D850, or D700.  

But I don't see myself trading in the D850 and F lenses, for a long time.
View Quote

I don't see myself trading in my D850 anytime soon, but the rumored specs are pretty mean.  

20fps 50mp sensor upgraded from the Sony A1, 8k30fps video, outperforming the D6 on pretty much everything including noise, dynamic range, and AF capabilities, etc.  Street price is $6500 estimate.

Link Posted: 3/22/2021 9:13:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Street price is $6500 estimate.
View Quote

Shit, at those prices one can get two!!!!!  
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:57:34 AM EDT
[#5]
$6,500 for a camera? I wonder if they would take my old lady in for with a trade.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 8:55:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
$6,500 for a camera? I wonder if they would take my old lady in for with a trade.
View Quote

Photographers who buy $6k cameras are usually either professionals who make that cash back in a photo session or two or hardcore photo enthusiasts who don't blink at the cost as they've been doing it for a good while and have a small fortune in equipment anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top