User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:13:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

She has an extensive lingerie collection and it’s own dresser. Cooks like a French chef, house is immaculate.
View Quote

You are either being disingenuous or are a clueless dolt.  I hope the former, cause the writing is on the wall.  

That said, she is pretty. Look like Kat Dennings
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:14:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
For the naysayers, I will say I was treated vastly different when we looked at vehicles together, than when I went alone to pre-scout. I was an inconvenience when I went by myself and dressed my normal way. When I wore chinos and a sweater, they much more enthusiastically helped us.
View Quote

It wasn't your dress, it was the hot chick
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It wasn't your dress, it was the hot chick
View Quote

Thank you!  Posting while wearing a cardigan and a button down shirt. Still rocking jeans, because it’s Friday and I wanted to.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
For the naysayers, I will say I was treated vastly different when we looked at vehicles together, than when I went alone to pre-scout. I was an inconvenience when I went by myself and dressed my normal way. When I wore chinos and a sweater, they much more enthusiastically helped us.
View Quote

A buddy of mine has worked at exotic car dealerships for two.decades.  His experience is the opposite.  He says the guys that come in wearing shorts and flip-flops are the ones who can buy a car with cash, the ones who dress up in a suit and tie, they eventually repossess the car from.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 1:27:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

A buddy of mine has worked at exotic car dealerships for two.decades.  His experience is the opposite.  He says the guys that come in wearing shorts and flip-flops are the ones who can buy a car with cash, the ones who dress up in a suit and tie, they eventually repossess the car from.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are the first to mention a suit and tie.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don't understand why she married you if she didn't like the way you dress.  

View Quote

It follows this old adage .......

Women marry men hoping they will change. Men marry women hoping they won't.

As the OP has seen, he was treated differently when he didn't dress like a janitor and said in the beginning his style probably sucks. You don't have to be in the game to know the rules. If you can apply them when appropriate then maybe that is all she's after. If knowing how to dress appropriately wasn't a thing then there wouldn't be college grads scratching their heads after being declined a job interview when they showed up in shorts and a hoodie ......... unless of course they were going for first shift fry guy.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 9:45:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

The point is a really successful man has his own style and doesn't dress like his wife (substitute "mommy?) picks out his clothes.  You can be well dressed without being preppy...
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 11:40:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't argue, just point at her and laugh.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 12:37:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

FWIW, I was always treated well no matter what rags I was wearing when I showed up in my Jag. Nowadays if I need that respect, I borrow my buddies Boxster.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 5:46:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Dressing preppy doesn't mean you have to look like a faggot that's gonna threaten to have his father sue.

Think:
Daniel Craig's more casual Bond outfits
Steve McQueen dressed preppy and was the king of cool.....polo shirt, khakis, and Persol tortoise shell sunglasses, with or without the Harrington jacket.
Leo DiCaprio in The Great Gatsby, sweater and linen trousers
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 6:22:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just the beginning OP.  
Subscription to GQ on the way.
New hobbies.
New friends.
New tea parties.
Trade in your truck.
Sell your guns.
And don’t forget to vacuum and do the dishes.
View Quote

Just the beginning.....true.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 6:30:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Throw on some caiman cowboy boots and we’ll pretend you’re not gay.

Nothing wrong with looking sharp for the missus.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 7:36:29 AM EDT
[#13]
In my life there have been several times when a little nudging from women has upped my style game.  It's made me look better, feel more confident, etc.  But there have also been times when I've bought and wore things that just weren't me, and felt like an idiot.  Take good advice, push your boundaries, but be yourself.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 7:40:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Need moar pics, OP.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 7:56:24 AM EDT
[#15]
If you dress it up other chicks will notice you too. Might make her jealous and you get side action.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 7:57:13 AM EDT
[#16]
I resisted my wife's advice about nicer clothes for a long time (decades).  Then I started carrying concealed everywhere but work and found out the "nicer" pants (as compared to sweatpants, gym shorts, blue jeans are easier to hide the gun/mags in and that goes for a button up shirt over the t-shirt as well.

Now I've just got to try to stop her from buying shirts I will not wear.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 9:36:38 AM EDT
[#17]
She wears flannel and criticizes your wardrobe?

Also: we'll need a full-body shot to determine if it's worth it to ya, OP.

Link Posted: 4/24/2021 9:53:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Between her looks and her cooking and sexing you should wear a fucking tutu to the best of your ability if she orders it!
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 11:13:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It was hinted to during dating.  I never really cared about things it’s definitely not a bad thing. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/245222/14B1D537-08A5-4F17-A004-4F870557E009_jpe-1251860.JPG
View Quote

This is an old thread, so I'm sure if I posted this before, but she looks crazy.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
A real man can wear a pink Polo, chinos, no socks, and penny loafers anywhere he fucking wants to.

ETA...

https://www.logolynx.com/images/logolynx/s_47/471e39f74c2bc2f880b9cb4f2c2e45e4.png
View Quote
I'm out on the Penny Loafers.  I usually wear socks too, unless I plan on swimming or being on the beach.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 4:56:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Basic outfit that works well with 90% of occasions.

-Dark, high quality blue jeans
-Untucked, well fitting button up shirt
-Nice, matte (non shiny) dress shoes

In terms of everyday dress shoes, Cole Hahn is the way to go. Rubber, non slip soles, padded insoles. Extremely comfortable while also stylish.

https://www.colehaan.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-itemmaster_colehaan/default/dw91612594/images/large/C29702_A.jpg

https://www.colehaan.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-itemmaster_colehaan/default/dw7393b27b/images/large/C29703_A.jpg

https://www.colehaan.com/feathercraft-grand-blucher-oxford-black/C29702.html

View Quote

Thanks for the link.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top