Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2022 2:32:49 AM EDT
This popped up in my YT feed. Older video but well worth watching.

"At a time when the Vietnam War was at its height, one man, John "Chickie" Donohue, snuck back into the war zone to find his 3 closest friends and buy them a beer.Crazy or caring, Chickie gave his friends more than beer, he gave them hope. Hope that helped each one safely return home when the war was over. Now, 47 years later, the group is reunited to relive the greatest beer run ever."

Pabst Blue Ribbon Presents: The Greatest Beer Run Ever

Pabst Blue Ribbon Presents: The Greatest Beer Run Ever

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:10:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:35:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Always good to see this one pop up again.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:07:59 AM EDT
[#3]
kcolg30 likes
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:15:55 AM EDT
[#4]
The Greatest Beer Run Ever — Official Trailer | Apple TV+

The movie about it drops next week.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:02:53 AM EDT
[#5]
funny, when I saw the title, my first thought was "Smokey and the Bandit"

I was wrong, this one is much better.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:09:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Since you mentioned "Bandit".

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:13:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqxziDlZOIo

The movie about it drops next week.
View Quote

I’m really looking forward to it. When they said it was a true story I looked it up and found the video in the OP. I had no idea and I’m glad these guys are getting their due.

Apple has done a fantastic job with everything I’ve seen so far, this should be no different.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:11:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I can't wait for this.

As a contractor in '03-'04 I used to drive by myself round trip to Taji to BIAP to pickup booze and cigars. Usually alone in a POS '95 suburban or toyota pickup. If I was lucky I had a gun.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:23:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I can't wait for this.

As a contractor in '03-'04 I used to drive by myself round trip to Taji to BIAP to pickup booze and cigars. Usually alone in a POS '95 suburban or toyota pickup. If I was lucky I had a gun.
View Quote

I’m sensing a sequel opportunity!
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I figured this was gonna be the surveillance video of the mega drunk dude that tried for like 15 minutes to buy a case of beer from the corner store but couldn't quite get it done.

ETA: This one

Drunk Guy Goes For More Beer - FULL Version
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:43:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I though it was "The Great Seabee Train (and beer) Robbery" in Korea
The Great Seabee Train Robbery!

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:50:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:58:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:00:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:05:41 AM EDT
[#15]
That’s really cool. I also like PBR.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:09:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:13:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Were you there for the "Bud Drop"?

Apparently Anheiser Busch decided to donate some beer for the troops.  Just one problem:  GO#1.

Eventually the command was talked into serving 3/person in the DFAC in a controlled/monitored manner.

They also delivered a plane load to Balad.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted By @crownvic96 :
I can't wait for this.

Were you there for the "Bud Drop"?

Apparently Anheiser Busch decided to donate some beer for the troops.  Just one problem:  GO#1.

Eventually the command was talked into serving 3/person in the DFAC in a controlled/monitored manner.

They also delivered a plane load to Balad.
No i missed that. I usually picked up bottles of Jack or Captain and cases of cigars. Most of the beer was skunked, even at the airport liquor store. I got lucky a couple times and they had some miller genuine draft in bottles and I picked up a few cases. I caught a lot of flack from the gate guards at Taji from that one. They finally let me back in after I told them i'd share but forgot to mention where I was actually staying at.

By late '04 they started cracking down hard as they started getting more and more shit ass quality contractors who kept getting absolutely wasted and would go driving around on base trying to get into the TCN camps to try to rape all the female philipino workers. . Ruined it for all of us.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:05:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Attachment Attached File

Let’s go!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top