Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2023 10:06:10 PM EDT
So, I bought a few watches this month, for reasons.  

One of them, the last one, was a Grand Seiko “Blue Snowflake “.

Wow.  Just wow.  

A little background.  I’m no expert.   Also, I’m not a newb.  

I own, Tag, Mavado, Invicta, Rolex, Tissot, Tudor, Lum Tec, Casio, Luminox, Omega, Swatch, Shinola, etc.  

This Grand Seiko is next level on all accounts.  Crazy good.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 10:19:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Absolute classy watch.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 10:23:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice.  I'm a dyed in the wool Seiko fan, but never had a GS.  Someday....  

MarineMaster 300M is my favorite watch ever.  Even compared to a Rolex.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 11:09:14 PM EDT
[#3]
That's nice.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 4:43:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats!!! That’s a badass watch! You have a very respectable and wide collection.

I have a few minor gripes with most GS watches. I have a 7.25" wrist and many of their watches seem way too big for a dress watch. I know this has been hashed out at nauseum, but I'm not a fan of the power reserve on the dial, especially on an automatic. But even with these gripes, I still want one! I think if I bought one, it would be a mechanical movement, but I certainly see the appeal of the Spring Drive. They have some really cool 38mm mechanical options.

No offense to you, but I’ve yet seen anyone take a photograph of a GS that I felt did it justice. They're weird in a way that a camera can't pickup everything their dial has to offer. They’re so much better in person. I hope to see it posted on here more often!!!
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 5:17:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Spring drives are mesmerizing.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 12:07:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Beautiful watch OP.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 4:20:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No offense to you, but I’ve yet seen anyone take a photograph of a GS that I felt did it justice. They're weird in a way that a camera can't pickup everything their dial has to offer. They’re so much better in person. I hope to see it posted on here more often!!!
View Quote

So true.  I’ve repeated that several time to people in the last few days.  

It’s mesmerizing.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 5:22:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice watch
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Battle royal…

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Dial:  GS
Back:  IWC
Band/Clasp: GS

Winner:  Gs
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Need to send it in for battery replacement. I am amazed at the accuracy of their quartz movements.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 8:05:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Tag.

If they did what others were doing and made a 39x12mm diver with spring drive….

Link Posted: 4/25/2023 8:06:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/149288/IMG_1776-2795666.jpg

Need to send it in for battery replacement. I am amazed at the accuracy of their quartz movements.
View Quote

9F movement is insane
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:47:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File

I can’t get enough of this dial.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top