Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did black chick Amos was pep talking for in the airlock?  It looked like he was medicating her.
View Quote

yes?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

yes?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did black chick Amos was pep talking for in the airlock?  It looked like he was medicating her.

yes?
That's my guess. There was too much friendly conversation going on from her character that had me guessing she was going to die.

At the end I thought she was dead and he was just cauterizing her wounds so her blood wouldn't float all over the place lol.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:48:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That's my guess. There was too much friendly conversation going on from her character that had me guessing she was going to die.

At the end I thought she was dead and he was just cauterizing her wounds so her blood wouldn't float all over the place lol.
View Quote

Hadn't thought of that, much better show than the last couple.  Only 1 more for the year?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:14:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

this was my first thought, especially since he just left her in the airlock and not drag her  inside.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:35:42 AM EDT
[#6]
This is getting very hard to watch.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:26:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That was probably the worst gun fight in the entire show. Seemed sloppily put together, definitely not up to standard.
View Quote

It was rent-a-cops vs. gang bangers... were you expecting John Wick level gunplay?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:30:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This is getting very hard to watch.
View Quote

A friend of mine is a writer. He absolutely loves the 'Naomi Nagata show' phase of the story. He wouldn't shut up about how much he looooooves the character development.

He's also one of those 'eugh don't spoil it for me!' Types.

I couldn't help but mention that I had read further ahead in the novels...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:31:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It was rent-a-cops vs. gang bangers... were you expecting John Wick level gunplay?
View Quote
Their sentry standing fully exposed and backlit while holding an illuminated phone to his head on the second floor balcony 80 yards from the treeline was pretty bad though, you gotta admit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:35:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Nope, not alone. I FFWD every-time Naomis mug pops up.  Same with the long boring ass talk with the grandkid.
View Quote

The actress in her candid off-screens is actually very funny and likeable.

I don't like what they did with the tough as nails Naomi in the current shows.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:38:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:46:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I  like it so far, Nioami and Amos arc follow book pretty close. Butchered Alex Bobbie Holden stories and killed Fred .

They PoundMeToo'd the Alex actor so he won't be in season 6. That will screw the story.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:02:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I  like it so far, Nioami and Amos arc follow book pretty close. Butchered Alex Bobbie Holden stories and killed Fred .

They PoundMeToo'd the Alex actor so he won't be in season 6. That will screw the story.
View Quote

So basically this is the final season since they're going to have to make shit up without Alex.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:16:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Their sentry standing fully exposed and backlit while holding an illuminated phone to his head on the second floor balcony 80 yards from the treeline was pretty bad though, you gotta admit.
View Quote

Street thugs don't have much counter sniper training.  Amos tried to correct the shitty "sentry" behavior but was told to lay off by the black girl.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:19:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Season 6 is the last season so how they wrap it up ( 3 books ) is going to be interesting, killing Fred early was prob part of it.

Maybe they will just close it out with book 6 and leave some vague ending incase they change mind and make more seasons.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:29:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was referring more to just weird choreography, like right before Amos takes shrapnel to his eyes. Even that seemed weird and delayed. The production just didn't seem up to typical standards the show has had in the past for gun fights. That's all. I'm hoping it means they decided to budget more for some excitement in the upcoming episode.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:25:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Season 6 is the last season so how they wrap it up ( 3 books ) is going to be interesting, killing Fred early was prob part of it.

Maybe they will just close it out with book 6 and leave some vague ending incase they change mind and make more seasons.
View Quote

my bet is (not having read the books) they finish off the tired, dragged out holden/naomi story line with season 6, then create a new series in the same universe to explore other stories.

the money that can come from expanding a fairly rich universe is better than dragging one series on forever.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:34:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like I’m done then.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:04:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I was referring more to just weird choreography, like right before Amos takes shrapnel to his eyes. Even that seemed weird and delayed. The production just didn't seem up to typical standards the show has had in the past for gun fights. That's all. I'm hoping it means they decided to budget more for some excitement in the upcoming episode.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Listening to Ty and That Guy, the gun fight was the biggest single shot they have done and the first time they have done a practical gunfight with real guns, blanks, and squibs.

so the the gunfight sequence seem a bit more raw IMO and less polished with editing and CG than we are used to
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#20]
claymores and grenades wouldve helped the amos crew.

curious as to why inaros wanted to ambush the roci instead of waiting to spring the trap.

inaros doesnt know of bobbie and alex ship.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:07:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

curious as to why inaros wanted to ambush the roci instead of waiting to spring the trap.

View Quote

the change in naomi's broadcast alerted them she was still alive, and could possibly ruin their trap, so rather than take chances he sent 3 ships after the roci.

he does not know about bobbie and alex.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:16:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

So would have killing the renta cops in the initial encounter. They had them outgunned and out manned in the open. Peaches is a weird plot foil with her pacifist mentality and her lethality once she kicks into overdrive.

Quoted:

He hates Holden for his relationship with Naomi. He is sending Drummer to kill Holden to test her loyalty and if she gets killed "In the service of the Belt" Double bonus!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

So basically this is the final season since they're going to have to make shit up without Alex.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm already hearing that Alex is going to be replaced by Bull.  

Spoiler for people who haven't read book 5 with my theory as to what happens to Alex.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:42:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm already hearing that Alex is going to be replaced by Bull.  

Spoiler for people who haven't read book 5 with my theory as to what happens to Alex.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

It would be a fair trade for Alex's deadbeat dad storyline. If we could DX the Naomi imposter for moar Monica, that wood be great.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:31:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Man I really like Peaches , but she is pissing me off this episode.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:15:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Man, they have really fucked up by focusing so heavily on naomi this season. Her part wasn't near this large in the equivalent books. Way more going on with everyone else.

I'm not happy.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:53:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Going to try and enjoy the show and not get pissed about SJW bullshit and read the books when it's over.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:04:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Listening to Ty and That Guy, the gun fight was the biggest single shot they have done and the first time they have done a practical gunfight with real guns, blanks, and squibs.

so the the gunfight sequence seem a bit more raw IMO and less polished with editing and CG than we are used to
View Quote

Wow, that is actually pretty cool. Good on them for doing it that way, guess I shouldn't criticize too hard. Less polished is exactly what I would call it, and the reasoning makes total sense. Hopefully they keep that in their repertoire and get better.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:52:24 AM EDT
[#29]
The Naomi shit is irritating.  Unfortunately because the dumb bitch goes off to “save” the son she abandoned as an infant in the books they’re kind of locked into that shit

I could have done without seeing her gasp for breath in 3 fucking episodes, though. I get the fucking point

The worst part is Marco

Not the character

The actor.  ‘

How much fucking eye makeup do they put on him before each take

And he sounds like he’s about to cry every fucking time he opens his mouth

It doesn’t make you sound more dramatic

It doesn’t make your lines have more gravitas

It makes you sound like a cunt that is helping ruin my favorite show on television

Fuck
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:55:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Man I really like Peaches , but she is pissing me off this episode.
View Quote

She did kill a bunch of guys, didn't really say how.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:18:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, not alone. I FFWD every-time Naomis mug pops up.  Same with the long boring ass talk with the grandkid.

Wife and I, not book readers, agree.

I don't recall Naomi going all weepy and shit in past seasons when shit hit the fan. It's annoying. Especially as I'm rewatching previous seasons and see the part where she's totally willing to die on Ganymede with no issues.

Last week's episode was the first Expanse episode where my wife's fallen asleep.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:15:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Wonder if the show's budget is playing into the Naomi storyline?  Probably not too expensive to keep showing her gasp/sob/cry on the same set.  Maybe saving money for a Super Awesome-O season 6???
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:30:50 AM EDT
[#33]
I've wanted Naomi spaced since season 2 when she gave the stuff to Fred Johnson.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:48:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I give up...wake me when the series is done.
I'm watching the last ship now on hulu.
View Quote

Talk about a disappointing series...
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:55:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The Naomi shit is irritating.  Unfortunately because the dumb bitch goes off to “save” the son she abandoned as an infant in the books they’re kind of locked into that shit

I could have done without seeing her gasp for breath in 3 fucking episodes, though. I get the fucking point

The worst part is Marco

Not the character

The actor.  ‘

It makes you sound like a cunt that is helping ruin my favorite show on television

Fuck
View Quote

I've seen that actor in other shows.  I'm pretty sure that's just how he looks.  Kinda like the Cuban actor Nestor Carbonell.  Everyone thinks he's always wearing a shitload of eye makeup, but that's how that guy naturally looks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:57:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I've wanted Naomi spaced since season 2 when she gave the stuff to Fred Johnson.
View Quote

If she had died not too long after that, and everyone else just moved on, there's only a couple of cases where she had any major positive impact on events, so she really became extraneous.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:03:22 AM EDT
[#37]
this season has been shit. book it was based on was really good. fuck the directors
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:22:33 AM EDT
[#38]
I haven't read the books.  Season 4 was a definitely a decrease in quality compared to 1-3, but figured that might be the narrative change and the story slowing down (which was necessary, couldn't keep going at the same breakneck speed).  Now with Season 5 turning out not so great I think the problem lies with Amazon producing it.  Somehow it had a larger budget when on SyFy????
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:59:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I've seen that actor in other shows.  I'm pretty sure that's just how he looks.  Kinda like the Cuban actor Nestor Carbonell.  Everyone thinks he's always wearing a shitload of eye makeup, but that's how that guy naturally looks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The worst part is Marco

Not the character

The actor.  ‘

Fuck

Fair enough.  Belters wear weird makeup and have tattoos that look like makeup (see Drummer, I believe her eye makeup is actually supposed to be a tattoo) anyway.  None of it would matter to me if the dude delivered his lines differently.  I get the Belt has weird diction and a weird way of speaking.  But it can be delivered brilliantly (see Anderson Dawes in the first few season).  Every time this guy opens his mouth I want to punch shit.  Honest, not sarcasm, does he talk like that in other stuff?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:08:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Seems like the writers said "let's have a cliffhanger for Naomi at the end of episode 9" and wrote the whole season backwards from there.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:16:47 AM EDT
[#41]
They have spent a huge amount of time on seemingly irrelevant stuff.  Perhaps they have some plot value down the line but that doesn't mean we gotta burn a whole episode down watching Naomi try to breathe.

This reminds me of a small scale game of thrones where they wasted valuable time and weren't able to totally wrap it up in the end.  One season sounds way too short.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:32:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The worst part is Marco

Not the character

The actor.  ‘

Fuck

Yeah, but he's not wrong. The character is miscast; that actor is the douchiest of douche and totally unbelievable as a Che-esque guerrilla leader. I want to slap the fuck out of him every time he appears on screen.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The worst part is Marco

Not the character

The actor.  ‘

Fuck
View Quote

When I read the books I had pictured Sharlto Copley (District 9, Elysium) playing Inaros
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 2:01:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Why don't Belters look like they did back in episode 1?

Link Posted: 1/29/2021 2:05:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

When I read the books I had pictured Sharlto Copley (District 9, Elysium) playing Inaros
https://townsquare.media/site/442/files/2013/11/sharlto-copley-oldboy-chappie-maleficent-open-grave-interview.jpg
View Quote

Not diverse enough...
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 2:09:48 PM EDT
[#47]

I forget, didn’t they find a really freakish tall and skinny actor for that role?

Point being, they can’t find many actors who are built like that.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 5:17:35 PM EDT
[#48]
That gunfight was terrible. Amos taking distance shots with a pump action shotgun, Eric firing one handed, black woman doing fire ball mag dumps and no reloads.

Actor that plays Marco is insufferable and they've managed to ruin Naomi's character as well. I liked her a lot before this season.

I was wondering why Alex was stuck on the ship with Bobbie. Bummer to hear he's off the show, although at least it saved us from Bobbie "actiing".

Link Posted: 1/29/2021 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
That gunfight was terrible. Amos taking distance shots with a pump action shotgun, Eric firing one handed, black woman doing fire ball mag dumps and no reloads.

Actor that plays Marco is insufferable and they've managed to ruin Naomi's character as well. I liked her a lot before this season.

I was wondering why Alex was stuck on the ship with Bobbie. Bummer to hear he's off the show, although at least it saved us from Bobbie "actiing".

View Quote

In a break contact situation, you fire the shotgun even if its not optimal. Its not like buckshot falls out of the air at 100 yards. You are going to shoot back..
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 6:09:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well....

I'm not sure how much two handed firing you should expect from a guy with one hand...
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top