Link Posted: 10/14/2020 9:17:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Expanse is a great show. Looking forward to season 5
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 9:34:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Finally!
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 8:53:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice, I thought COVID was going to delay it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 12:36:07 AM EDT
[#5]
hell yeah!
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 12:44:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I am so amped for this season.

4 seemed like a transitional/filler season to progress to the next stage of the story.

Season 5 I have super high hopes for.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 12:55:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I didn't see Peaches.

The Guy they cast for Inaro is exactly like I pictured him.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 1:07:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Binge watched all seasons. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

This is an amazon show where they release all episodes together right? I hate waiting to watched the next episode
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 2:19:06 AM EDT
[#9]
They're going to release one episode a week for this season from what I understand.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 2:52:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Dec 16
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 3:33:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Hopefully they recover from a lackluster season 4
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 5:57:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Most would agree that book 4 was the weakest of the books in the series. So it makes sense that that translates to the weaker season. I felt they did a better job with the tv series for this book than the book itself did since they incorporated a lot of the novellas that take place around this time.

If they stick close to the book for season 5, it may be everyone’s favorite season. I really hope they don’t try to shoehorn both seasons 5 and 6 into 10 episodes. Tagging along with Amos on Earth after the ‘event’ is something I’ve wanted to see since I read the books. Really hope they spend some time with that.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 9:34:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Yes ! Anyone worth their salt as a sci-fi fan should have this on their radar. Most underrated series ever, looking into the books at some point as well.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 7:52:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I've got the eight books so far.  I stopped reading once it got to season 4ish.  I will pick it back up after season 5 finishes.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Shitty news today.

Season 6 is as far as they want to take it right now.

They damn well better not pull a Game of Thrones and stuff a bunch of shit into the last season.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 10:48:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shitty news today.

Season 6 is as far as they want to take it right now.

They damn well better not pull a Game of Thrones and stuff a bunch of shit into the last season.
View Quote

Isn't there a fairly large time interval between book 6 and 7?  I've been wondering how they were going to handle that when they got there.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 11:17:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yes ! Anyone worth their salt as a sci-fi fan should have this on their radar. Most underrated series ever, looking into the books at some point as well.
View Quote

Better than Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate...maybe even Firefly..

Can't wait til season 5...
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 12:19:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Isn't there a fairly large time interval between book 6 and 7?  I've been wondering how they were going to handle that when they got there.
View Quote

I haven't read the books but from what I've seen online today, yeah. So maybe there is an overall plan to this.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 12:24:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Gotta rewatch the others now !
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 1:22:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Amos ain't from Baltimore as he can't pronounce it as a native.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#21]
I just started watching this and I'm in Season 2 right now. I really dig it and helps fill the void since there's no more Battlestar Galactica. I will say "Draper" played by Frankie Adams.......sucks as an actress. I dig the show except for her.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 9:48:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Dec 16
View Quote

Oh good, that’s after Leviathan Falls drops.

Link Posted: 1/15/2022 2:42:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Season 6 is over.

Hoping for more.

Spoilers:
ok

Alpha Squad:

B. Draper — Bobbie Draper, our Martian marine who really needs no introduction. She’s one of the main characters of The Expanse and leads Alpha Squad of the ground force.

G. Ackbar — Admiral Gial Ackbar, from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. It’s a trap!

D. Quaid — Douglas Quaid from Total Recall. The 1990 film cast Arnold Schwarzenegger in the role and was set on Mars.

D. Bowman — David Bowman, the main character of the classic sci-fi film 2001: A Space Odyssey

C. Shepherd — Commander Shepherd, the hero of the original Mass Effect video game trilogy.

A. Burton — Amos Burton. Again, this is an actual character in The Expanse.

D. Idaho — Duncan Idaho, the swordmaster from the novel Dune by Frank Herbert. (Played by Jason Momoa in Denis Villeneuve’s 2021 film adaptation.)

A. Rogan — Alex Rogan from the 1984 film The Last Starfighter.

J. Nesmith — Jason Nesmith, the actor/starship commander in the film Galaxy Quest. (Played by Tim Allen in the movie).

E. Buck — Edward Buck, the gunnery sergeant played by Nathan Fillion in the Halo video games.

Bravo Squad:

E. Ripley — Ellen Ripley, Sigourney Weaver’s iconic character from the Alien franchise.

D. Hicks — Another Aliens character, Corporal Dwayne Hicks (played by Michael Biehn in the second movie).

J. Cooper — Joseph Cooper from Interstellar.

J. Anderton — John Anderton from Minority Report.

J. Vasquez — Jenette Vasquez, another member of the commando squad from Aliens.

W. Hudson — William Hudson, also from Aliens. We did mention those movies were a big influence, right?

R. Deckard — Rick Deckard, the detective played by Harrison Ford in Blade Runner.

J. O’Neil — Colonel Jack O’Neil from Stargate. Den of Geek notes that this spelling of O’Neil is specific to the original 1994 Stargate film; the SG-1 television show spelled it with two L’s.

Charlie Squad:

L. Starr — Lucky Starr from Isaac Asimov’s Lucky Starr book series.

L. Banks — Louise Banks from Arrival.

K. Flynn — Kevin Flynn from Tron.

R. Neary — Roy Neary from Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

J. Rico — Johnny Rico from Starship Troopers.

K. Thrace — Kara Thrace aka Starbuck from the 2000s-era Battlestar Galactica remake.

S. Connor — Sarah Connor, one of the protagonists of the Terminator franchise.

R. Stone — Ryan Stone, Sandra Bullock’s character in the 2013 film Gravity.

W. Riker — William Riker, the first officer on the Starship Enterprise in Star Trek: The Next Generation.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:52:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Still finishing Memories Legion, and Leviathan Falls isn't in the pic, but the books are awesome and they did a really good job with the show.

Link Posted: 6/25/2022 10:15:07 AM EDT
[#25]
I am on season 2 now. Not a bad show.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:56:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Some of the best audiobooks as well. Jefferson Mays just went back and rerecorded the novellas that he didn't do earlier. The Churn and one more, I think. I've done a rewatch of the show, from S1E1 just before each new season came out. No regrets.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 9:01:15 PM EDT
[#27]
I have only watched the first season.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top