User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 51
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:29:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The suits are a red herring.

The issue is the 97k per day they're paying a texas legal firm that the CEO refuses to allow the board to audit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Almost 300k in suits in 10yrs, frankly unless he's Oprah with fluctuating weight, that looks more like embezzlement than suit purchases. That's almost 30k a year, and even Z Zenga ain't that bad. You've seen the monkey suits he wears publicly. Suspicion aroused.
That’s what I thought. Quarter of a million dollars on suits and still looks the way he does? I could spend less than half of that on a few bespoke suits and come out further ahead than him.

The issue is the 97k per day they're paying a texas legal firm that the CEO refuses to allow the board to audit.
Thank you. $24,000,000  to lawyers for an organization that litigates little is unbelievable.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:30:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
@SWIRE
View Quote
Lol. I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Lets get this party started then!
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:30:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Let the IRS have 'em.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:31:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Since that money is paid out of member dues, does that give standing for a lawsuit

to force an audit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since that money is paid out of member dues, does that give standing for a lawsuit

to force an audit?
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:31:37 PM EDT
[#5]
These leaked letters should be devastating for LaPierre but how much do you want to bet absolutely nothing will happen to him?

The Swamp is always insulated.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:32:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Um.  Okay.  Sure, we'll keep it a secret.  

Get both.  This needs to be heard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No shit, we need to figure out what organization is going to pick up the slack.  Stick a fork in this one...

I hope someone got those files and sent them to Drudge.
Fuck Drudge. He's turned.

What we NEED to do is digest all this stuff in the letters and articles / firms within, work up a coherent relationship map, and figure out where the money is flowing.

For example, here is the referenced New Yorker article:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/secrecy-self-dealing-and-greed-at-the-nra

Mind you, the New Yorker is hard left, and will do anything to destroy the NRA. Whether it is sowing seeds of discord, or providing fuel for the NY AG (bankrolled no doubt by Bloomberg, and possibly Cuomo & Deblasio) to start an investigation. A costly lawfare investigation.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/ny-ag-investigating-nra-the-attorney-general-has-issued-subpoenas

We need to flank this op.

Find out what's going on ourselves, and use it to hang any malfeasance on WLP & Cat Lady.

NY AG gets her scalps. We get rid of incompetent leadership.
Um.  Okay.  Sure, we'll keep it a secret.  

Get both.  This needs to be heard.
No, what I'm saying is WE need to figure out WTF is going on before we blast internal documents around without an accompanying message. Not about keeping anything private, just getting organized before opening fire.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:33:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
@SWIRE
View Quote
Oh this shit should be good.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:33:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:33:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Hah, well, I suppose this is one way to get some things moving.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:34:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Yikes! Maybe he spent the money on 1000 different suits at Men’s Wearhouse or something like that.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:34:30 PM EDT
[#11]
@nolocontendere
@supermoose
@Miami_JBT
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:34:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Did Russia leak these?
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:34:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Exactly! That is not normal and an auditor would catch it in a for profit company.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not merely the amount spent; it's how the expenses were hidden and /or "laundered" by having the bills paid by a third party who was ostensibly reimbursed financially in one manner or another.

All the while at the same time crying poverty, begging for money, and even going so far as to send letters to members asking them to leave their estates to The NRA.
Exactly! That is not normal and an auditor would catch it in a for profit company.
I've been of the opinion that The NRA is being run in a similar manner as would be a corrupt labor union, and unfortunately, after reading the memos,  it appears that the analog is accurate.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:35:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I printed it all out to go through.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:35:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Almost 300k in suits in 10yrs, frankly unless he's Oprah with fluctuating weight, that looks more like embezzlement than suit purchases. That's almost 30k a year, and even Z Zenga ain't that bad. You've seen the monkey suits he wears publicly. Suspicion aroused.
That’s what I thought. Quarter of a million dollars on suits and still looks the way he does? I could spend less than half of that on a few bespoke suits and come out further ahead than him.

There we have it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:35:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Folks... this is gonna be hard to swallow but if the NRA goes down in flames, there won't be an organization strong enough to stand against the anti-gunner's in Washington.

If you think the NRA is corrupt, compare it to the DNC..
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:36:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No, what I'm saying is WE need to figure out WTF is going on before we blast internal documents around without an accompanying message. Not about keeping anything private, just getting organized before opening fire.
View Quote
It seems fairly simple from the provided documents. WLP has very expensive taste in suits that seems to do very little for his so called job, and there is a law firm that is sucking all the money out of the NRA for work that the firm is unwilling to say what it is.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:37:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Tagged for later
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:38:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sounds like Wayne has not only humped the shark, he has screwed the pooch.

Also sounds like Oliver North was trying to do the right thing.

FWLP
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hope old Wayne hasn't jumped the shark.  But stranger things have happened.

It would be a shame if the NRA dies to some stupid misappropriation of funds issue (like this looks).
Sounds like Wayne has not only humped the shark, he has screwed the pooch.

Also sounds like Oliver North was trying to do the right thing.

FWLP
I think so. Members here have been hard on North for being under the employ of Ackerman McQueen, when it looks as though LaPierre set that up.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:38:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Folks... this is gonna be hard to swallow but if the NRA goes down in flames, there won't be an organization strong enough to stand against the anti-gunner's in Washington.

View Quote
The NRA has the structure in place. We just need to cut the head off. I dont want the NRA to burn, I want its leadership to be replaced.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:39:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
So you're saying we can't have someone to represent out interests that isn't spending a few hundred thousand on suits?

I don't want the NRA to go away. I want the shits in the NRA using it only as their personal piggy bank to go away.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:40:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Very impressive Wayne
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:41:15 PM EDT
[#23]
That is a shitty looking, ill fitting suit.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:41:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Very impressive Wayne
View Quote
The thinks his first name is Bruce.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:41:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Does anyone have a compilation of all the documents? Or even have them downloaded? I’d like to get them organized and put them somewhere on the web that’s easily accessible. PM me
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:41:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Did I make it in  before SWIRE blows this off as meaningless?
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:41:59 PM EDT
[#27]
WLP claiming HE was being extorted!

http://www.channel4000.com/nation/politics/wall-street-journal-nra-chief-says-he-was-pressured-to-resign/1072848541

Dude is off the rails.

What can the NRA body do to remove him?

Also, if someone who has downloaded the letters can OCR them and put them in a searchable word or pdf, that might be handy. Along with the referenced articles (or at least links to them)

I think making a rough general timeline may also be helpful. See what events transpired when and if they occurred when other things of interest happened.

A REPOSITORY OF EVERYTHING WE FIND SHOULD BE IN TEAM. Keep this thread open for everyone to contribute.

The goal should be removing WLP & Hammer, not destroying the NRA. We do NOT want to do any work for the anti's, who will use any info to destroy the NRA.

Man, if WLP and or Hammer has been fifth column...
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:43:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So you're saying we can't have someone to represent out interests that isn't spending a few hundred thousand on suits?

I don't want the NRA to go away. I want the shits in the NRA using it only as their personal piggy bank to go away.
View Quote
Wayne is a shithead... but if the NRA collapses because enough people leave over a few fancy suits  we all loose.

Everybody who wrestles in the swamp is bound to get dirty.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:43:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bro, you could go to Joseph A. Bank and come out further.  That much money for clothes is absurd, especially considering the fact that nearly every working stiff paying his salary has to buy their own clothing.

I've considered buying life memberships for my whole family since I have a few bucks I could spare.  I understand the value of the NRA even if we dont agree with some of the crap they've pulled lately.

Seeing this, true or not, I will not buy those memberships.  I wont buy them until we all get the benefit of a satisfactory explanation or a purge of the executives.  Wayne LaPierre has essentially screwed the NRA out of nearly a dozen life memberships.  I think I'll just buy my son and myself a lifetime unified sportsman license for NC instead.

To be clear, I'm not shitting on the NRA.  I just refuse to donate to any organization that appears to place such little concern on fiscal responsibility.  It is a huge slap in the face to the people  who work a few hours extra to pay their dues, sacrifice their time as a volunteer and so on.  I expect far better from an organization that claims to defend our rights and depends on occupying a moral high ground.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:44:13 PM EDT
[#30]
OP, THE THREAD TITLE DEFINITELY NEEDS MORE BRAYKING
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:48:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Wayne is a shithead... but if the NRA collapses because enough people leave over a few fancy suits  we all loose.

View Quote
That's some seriously fucked up shit. What exactly do you think the NRA is doing?

I know a guy who will be along shortly that  you are really gonna like.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:49:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Not surprising in the least
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:49:46 PM EDT
[#33]
270K+ on hideous clothes, and only a pittance at restaurants?

What a boring fuckknuckle that guy must be.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:49:59 PM EDT
[#34]
24 mil over 13 months with ONE law firm?  Wow.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:50:09 PM EDT
[#35]
ost
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:51:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
I couldn't care less is LaPierre spent a million of his own dollars on suits, but according to the memo, the firm of Ackerman McQueen which does a large amount of business with The NRA purchased the clothing on his behalf .
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:51:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Wow.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:51:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Since the suit thing came up I started noticing his suits whenever I saw him. None look amazing, and whoever measured him told him the wrong jacket size because they're all too big.

But the suit cost could be $10 million, yet its still a distant issue from the real problems in that the NRA has done nothing other than spam people for donations instead of going on the fucking offensive let alone not stepping on its dick multiple times in the last 2 years.

We've basically had 2 choices as far as the NRA and current politics go: pray things stay the same, or instead of losing 80% of your rights, thank us because you only lost 30%. Absolutely zero want or capability (not sure which?) to generate any initiative to regain rights or to counter all of the bullshit bills/proposed laws; which is exactly whats needed instead of the mail order bullshit we've gotten over the last years.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:52:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Unfortunately, agreed.  The GOA et al are great...but the NRA’s been around since shortly after the Civil War.  Some things just take generations to build, and can’t be replicated in a couple years.  The way things are...well, have fun never seeing a new handgun model and not getting any “assault rifles” (ie anything semiauto) again (see Cory Booker and Washington State for recent examples of this tactic).  Bastards picked a hell of a time to make off with the cookies in the jar.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:52:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Suits are but a symptom. An EVP refusing audits where there is clear evidence of massive overbilling by a law firm reeks of corruption. Is WLP getting a percentage sent to a Cayman account? Wasn't he raiding his pension early? And the flight costs? It's beyond first class. The guy is chartering jets or maybe overbilling for his 1st class flights.

Dude needs audited & removed. Sued into the stoneage if malfeasance is proven. Same with the Hammer bitch.

NRA needs honest leadership.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:53:18 PM EDT
[#41]
the brewer law firm discussed is owned by bill brewer

brewer is the son in law of angus mcqueen

yes, of ackerman mcqueen.

most of this stuff has been brought up by me and others..... I just didn't have access to the source docs....

the last thread was where all these people that travel were saying there was nothing wrong with lapierre expensing stuff to ackerman mcqueen, and ackerman mcqueen getting re-inbursed  by the nra, as if that was what they do all the time.

what lapierre was doing, was laundering the expenses so they would not show up being spent by him, yet all these people that said no biggy, were okay with that

edit - mis remembered name as august and fixed to angus
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:54:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
the brewer law firm discussed is owned by bill brewer

brewer is the son in law of august mcqueen

yes, of ackerman mcqueen.

most of this stuff has been brought up by me and others..... I just didn't have access to the source docs....

the last thread was where all these people that travel were saying there was nothing wrong with lapierre expensing stuff to ackerman mcqueen, and ackerman mcqueen getting re-inbursed  by the nra, as if that was what they do all the time.

what lapierre was doing, was laundering the expenses so they would not show up being spent by him, yet all these people that said no biggy, were okay with that
View Quote
I was wondering what the connection was.

So, yeah.  No wonder they wouldn't allow an audit.  WLP might very well wind up in pound me in the ass prison.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:56:36 PM EDT
[#43]
His suits do look like shit.

How messed up would it be if the suits were a cover for something else?

But I did see an interview with warren buffet the other day and he looked like shit too You'd think with that kind of money you could have a whole crew to dress you. He's probably old enough not to give a crap anymore though.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:57:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
there are ways out of battered nra member syndrome, but you have to admit there is a problem first

edit changed nra member to be more accurate
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:57:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"That's a bingo"
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:58:11 PM EDT
[#46]
So glad I’m a benefactor member that has given several thousand to Wayne for his suits
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:58:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The NRA has the structure in place. We just need to cut the head off. I dont want the NRA to burn, I want its leadership to be replaced.
View Quote
The NRA has terminal bone cancer. It cannot be changed. They designed it so that those outside its inner swamp cannot have any real power.

Glad I left it. I honestly don't care if it dies anymore. You years I preached that we could changes it, I hoped for years but its beyond obvious that its nothing more then a swamp. Let it die and something better rise in its place.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:59:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Damn.. the NRA is run like the Church of Scientology.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:59:54 PM EDT
[#49]
I’m betting a lot of politicians and powerful people were also aware of this, and is probably a big reason why nobody in DC fears the NRA anymore.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:59:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
OP, THE THREAD TITLE DEFINITELY NEEDS MORE BRAYKING
View Quote
More good?
Page / 51
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top