Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/16/2021 11:29:07 AM EDT
No ammo anywhere. And if there is, very expensive.

Now, imagine a scenario whereby the Democrats put tons of new regulations on ammo manufacturers "for the environment, etc." and also put new taxes on ammo. And make you fill out some sort of form when you buy it, get rid of mail order, etc.

You do not have a right to "keep and bear ammo."

A backdoor way to render firearms useless. Lots of new gun owners out there without any ability to actually practice with and use them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:29:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Lol
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:31:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I got my wakeup call after Sandy Hook. Everyone has had more than enough time to prepare for this
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:31:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep, that is why many people have been telling people to stock up over these years.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:32:22 AM EDT
[#4]
What are you talking about, the current shortage is because of asshats who keep hoarding all the ammo for themselves.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#5]
The only problem I have with ammo is how the fuck am I gonna transport it all.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:33:28 AM EDT
[#6]
If dems succeed in removing lawsuit protections from firearms and ammo manufacturers, I suspect that will be enough for many to cease civilian sales.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:34:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Stop. There isn’t an ammo shortage. There’s an ammo shortage at retail. I can get as much ammo of any caliber I want. I just have to pay for it. Just look at gunbroker. Look how many new accounts are selling 3/6 boxes of whatever ammo. They are selling their and their wife’s 3 box limit. People aren’t hoarding it
Like you think. They are reselling it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:35:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep, that is why many people have been telling people to stock up over these years.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Welcome to Cali...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Lol
View Quote

Don't laugh.
It has been done before.

When liberal cityiots took over my hometown, one of the ways they successfully ceased hunting and damn near scuttled the rod and gun club was Muh environmentz approach.

How's 2.50+ per round solid copper projectile rifle loads sound?
How does lead remediation/clean up sound?

They'll cite Muh environmentz and cuckservatives will get on board with Muh friendz across the aisle to go along to get along to further their political career at the expense of rights.

Go ahead and say it cant/won't happen. It will. Seen it. Fought it. Lost against it because too many were too busy with Muh jobz Muh familyz and convincing themselves it wouldn't happen here... until it did.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:36:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Stop. There isn’t an ammo shortage. There’s an ammo shortage at retail. I can get as much ammo of any caliber I want. I just have to pay for it. Just look at gunbroker. Look how many new accounts are selling 3/6 boxes of whatever ammo. They are selling their and their wife’s 3 box limit. People aren’t hoarding it
View Quote

In the future. Not now. When all of those things I listed are enacted. None of those things are enacted now. But, they will be.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:36:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What are you talking about, the current shortage is because of asshats who keep hoarding all the ammo for themselves.
View Quote

They are making ammo at a record pace.  At some point demand will slow and there will be a glut.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:37:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Lol
View Quote

Titles: H.R.127 — 117th Congress (2021-2022)All Information (Except Text)
Official Titles
Official Titles - House of Representatives
Official Title as Introduced
To provide for the licensing of firearm and ammunition possession and the registration of firearms, and to prohibit the possession of certain ammunition.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:39:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They are making ammo at a record pace.  At some point demand will slow and there will be a glut.
View Quote

That never remotely occurred during Obama's 8 years as president.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:39:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Official Titles
To provide for the licensing of firearm and ammunition possession and the registration of firearms, and to prohibit the possession of certain ammunition.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol

Official Titles

Chris Rock predicted this.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If dems succeed in removing lawsuit protections from firearms and ammo manufacturers, I suspect that will be enough for many to cease civilian sales.
View Quote

The problem is that very quietly and behind the scenes, the manufacturers of other products will support the gun industry. The potential of opening up a can of worms that they don't want to deal with is too great.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:41:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who else are they going to hoard it for, somebody else?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, bless your little ammo deprived heart........
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:45:58 AM EDT
[#20]
There will never be nameless hordes of federal agents at your door.

One generation at a time firearms will be regulated and culturally shamed until they’re gone.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:46:26 AM EDT
[#21]
ah, the defeatist .

there are so many now that have just given up.
keep the defeatism to yourself. stop trying to drag others down. get some Prozac.

everyone else, stand by but don't stand down. this isn't the first time and wont be the last.
you should have prepped and have what you need. if not, well, sorry 'bout that.

well get past it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:46:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good. They do that, we use their first case of a manufacturer being responsible for the bad actors actions as the precedent and go after Ford and Budweiser for drunk drivers. Then we go after anti gun corporations that had a mass shooting for failing to provide the safety of its victims.
Use their logic applied to multiple industries outside of firearms and ammo.
Watch how quick the corporate commies put the brakes on that feelz based logic.

They want to make personal/individual responsibility irrelevant? Bet.

Now the obese can hold fast food joints accountable for their gluttony. Call for common sense fork/spoon control.
Some kid in the hood gets shanked for his Jordan's? Nike is responsible for the demise of that youth for making them a target to succumb to inner city violence.
Same for bicycles.

Go ahead. Remove the protections of firearms and ammo manufacturers from end user bad deeds.
Let that be the test case that manufacturers are responsible for the actions of consumers, and consumers are not responsible for their actions.

Corporate commies gonna love hemorrhaging money because individual responsibility for actions is bad, manufacturers responsible for bad actors good.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:47:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
ah, the defeatist .

keep the defeatism to yourself. stop trying to drag others down. get some Prozac.

everyone else, stand by but don't stand down. this isn't the first time and wont be the last.

well get past it.
View Quote

I have enough stashed that even my grandkids won't need to buy any. Yet, the fact remains that you Dom not have the right to buy ammo. They can take it away with the stroke of a pen. Fact.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:48:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Now, imagine a scenario whereby the Democrats put tons of new regulations on ammo manufacturers "for the environment, etc." and also put new taxes on ammo. And make you fill out some sort of form when you buy it, get rid of mail order, etc.

A backdoor way to render firearms useless. Lots of new gun owners out there without any ability to actually practice with and use them.
View Quote

Sounds like a great opportunity for bootleg black market ammo.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:48:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I got my wakeup call after Sandy Hook. Everyone has had more than enough time to prepare for this
View Quote

Not everyone was old enough to purchase at the time
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:51:04 AM EDT
[#26]
They're gonna put CA style background checks on every ammo purchase and prohibit online ordering. Every transaction will have to be face to face at an FFL
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:51:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

13’er gonna 13. No kidding Einstein. No disrespect but, uh yes this strategy has been widely theorized for years. Why do you think all the ammo is out of stock and guns have been flying off the shelves? A good part of that is the fear that they are going to do exactly what you lined out. California’s draconian new ammo laws were one big sign and a test run.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:51:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The problem is that very quietly and behind the scenes, the manufacturers of other products will support the gun industry. The potential of opening up a can of worms that they don't want to deal with is too great.
View Quote

Yep.

Just think. We can even hold twitter instagram and facebook responsible for white supremacy/bigotry.
reparations time!

Individuals are no longer responsible for their actions. The companies they consume from, products they purchased, services they purchased/utilized are.

HONK HONK
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:53:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The only problem I have with ammo is how the fuck am I gonna transport it all.
View Quote

You max out Gross weight a uhaul box truck with one layer of ammo cans. And they ride like shit on dirt roads,fuck moving even 8 miles
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Welcome to Cali...
View Quote

This. No lead ammo for hunting, background checks that require a firearm registered with the State, direct shipments from online sales prohibited, public land and private range restrictions on types of ammo....
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Simple reclassification of primers as a type of explosive that needs special storage would do that. Insurance won't cover stores, so they will stop stocking it, mail carriers won't ship it.

Sync with a burning/exploding mail truck false flag and it will get wide mainstream support.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:55:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Not being able to buy mail order ammo and ammo background checks has really screwed California gun owners.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:55:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I have enough stashed that even my grandkids won't need to buy any. Yet, the fact remains that you Dom not have the right to buy ammo. They can take it away with the stroke of a pen. Fact.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ah, the defeatist .

well get past it.

I'm no Constitutional scholar, but I'm fairly sure that ammunition falls under "bearing arms".
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:56:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I stocked up on the basics. 12/22/9/45/556

I only run into problems when I get a new gun in a caliber I previously did not use
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:57:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

13 states effectively ban mail order ammo
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:58:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
They're gonna put CA style background checks on every ammo purchase and prohibit online ordering. Every transaction will have to be face to face at an FFL
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:00:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

One generation at a time firearms will be regulated and culturally shamed until they’re gone.
View Quote

OP and this post nailed it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:01:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

13’er gonna 13. No kidding Einstein. No disrespect but, uh yes this strategy has been widely theorized for years. Why do you think all the ammo is out of stock and guns have been flying off the shelves? A good part of that is the fear that they are going to do exactly what you lined out. California’s draconian new ammo laws were one big sign and a test run.
View Quote

People in CA seem to have gone along with, so yep, probably coming to state near you next. I would have expected all of the people in CA to not have gone along with it, but I guess not. Jobs and pensions and stuff.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:03:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
ah, the defeatist .

well get past it.
View Quote

LOL.  At some point you need to wake up and face the facts.  There was no Kraken, the courts lined up against Trump, FJB will be inaugurated next week.
The future is bleak.  The sooner you face reality, the better off you will be.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:03:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

+1

California has been destroying gun rights ceaselessly since at least 1989 (Robert-Roos, look it up).  The OP and others are 100% correct.  The basic laws of supply and demand do not apply when government restrictions can be enacted overnight.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

A lot of us have ammo stockpiles but that is COMPLETELY irrelevant........ammunition should be legal and no attempt should be made to allow a law to prohibit ammo with the SOLE PURPOSE of banning firearms.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:05:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Chris Rock predicted this.
View Quote

$5,000 per.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:06:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. My kids learned to shoot early but a lack of public outdoor ranges and other restrictions have made it difficult to get the family out and they are not that into it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:06:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Lol
View Quote

lol ?

you dont think its possible?  bidens already pushing a ban on mail order ammo / reloading supplies, mandatory back ground checks thru ffl's to buy ammo / reloading components, new taxes on ammo / guns etc. as well as a one gun a month limit, and possibly a limit on how much ammo you can buy each month . buying a case of 1000 rds is cost effective, but what if they limit you to 50 rds a month per caliber? add in some new gov agency regs, like epa banning all lead ammo, and atf ruling all copper ammo is armor piercing and your doubly fucked.

what would the price of ammo do if mail order is banned, ffl back ground checks, lgs high pricing, and say, .25 cent a round tax for " victims of gun violence" .. double the cost of a case of ammo? triple it?

with a full radical democrat controlled government, and dem controlled media, weak spineless republicans, and pussy assed scotus, all of this is extremely possible IMHO.

attacking ammo and guns via 10,000 small cuts, rules, fees, regs, taxes, etc and making it hard to get, expensive to buy, difficult to store, difficult to transport, difficult to shoot, etc..is as effective long term as totally banning them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:07:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

sadly this
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:07:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

At the risk of stating the obvious, it is clear that the 2A does indeed protect ammo, as it is necessary in order to "bear arms."

The problem is the legal weasels who draft volumes of mental gymnastics dedicated to explaining why the plainly stated text of the 2A, written in the context of a nation recently formed after an army comprised largely of militia members armed with personally owned weapons of equal or greater technology to the armies of the day overthrew British government rule, somehow only applies to "sporting weapons," hunting, or the National Guard.

That is how we arrive at things like background checks, ammo sales restrictions, mag capacity limits, and miscellaneous other infringements that "aren't unconstitutional;" because as long as there is some variety of firearm that you can potentially own through a burdensome bureaucratic process then your rights are only being "reasonably regulated."

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:08:09 PM EDT
[#47]
I quit buying ammo simply because I'm tired of taking boxes from the porch down to the basement
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#48]
If I have to build ammo from scratch, it isn't going to be for a puny rifle.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:09:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

There will be allot of K-Booms because of this.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:11:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I quit buying ammo simply because I'm tired of taking boxes from the porch down to the basement
View Quote

you should install a ammo chute from your porch to your basement, kind of like they used to do for coal.  mailmal opens a door and drops the package down the chute right into your basement ammo fort.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top