Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2018 9:24:58 PM EDT
Ten Years.  Where has the time flown.

Baseball Season has starting.

In the past managers were fired by the bushel full.  The last few seasons there were only a couple firings.
How bloody will THIS season be?  Will Baseball Lords resume wholesale firings or will they remain with retail amounts?  How many Quitters will there be?

Place your bets.

Link Posted: 3/31/2018 7:44:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd say Bryan Price, of the Reds, is worthy of being fired.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 10:29:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like I guessed right.

Reds fire Bryan Price
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 10:02:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like I guessed right.

Reds fire Bryan Price
View Quote
It's still April!  It looks like we're in for a bloody year for a change!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 11:30:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I think it was just a matter of time before Price got fired.  Kind of surprised it didn't happen sooner.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 6:13:29 PM EDT
[#5]
 June bump.

Slow year.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 11:56:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Cardinals fire Mike Matheny, John Mabry, appoint Mike Shildt as interim manager

ST. LOUIS (KMOV.com) -- Following an 8-2 loss to the Reds Saturday night, the Cardinals fired manager Mike Matheny and hitting coach John Mabry, along with assistant hitting coach Bill Mueller.

Mike Shildt, who was added to the staff last season, has been appointed interim manager.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 11:26:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Mike Scioscia Quitting?  Angles manager
Unconfirmed at this time.
If he quits that doesn't count as being fired.

To
Be
Continued
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 1:48:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not sure anyone lives and breathes baseball more than Mike  Scioscia.  If he does quit the Angels, I bet he quickly shows up with another team.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 9:49:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Bobby Evans Steps Down as Giants GM

Executive vice president Brian Sabean and longtime manager Bruce Bochy are both expected to keep their jobs. The Giants will immediately begin a search for their next head of baseball operations.
View Quote
Quitting and GM's don't count.  3rd Place still safe.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 11:50:50 AM EDT
[#10]
The rumors about Mike Scioscia are still going strong, and it looks like he may be replaced by Eric Chavez at the end of this season.  Not sure if this would qualify as being fired, because Scioscia's contract is up at the end of this year.

If he does leave the Angels, I bet he shows up somewhere, next year. Maybe the Reds or Giants could use him.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 12:14:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Gibbons out in Tarantino
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 11:58:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Gibbons out in Tarantino
View Quote
It took me a while to translate that;

John Gibbons Fired by Blue Jays

OK, I've been busy, too
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 12:00:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 12:04:19 AM EDT
[#14]
There are others pending, but not YET Official.

To
Be
Continued
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#15]
In a way it's not too surprising about Banister being fired. It's easy to make him the scapegoat.  But it was clear back at the start of the season, that the Rangers would be crappy this year, as they didn't have any pitching, and they didn't have much in they way of hitting, either.  I mean, what's a manager going to do, when the players simply aren't good enough?  I still believe the biggest problem the Rangers have, is Jon Daniels.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 11:15:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Lots of turnover in the AL.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 12:09:07 PM EDT
[#17]
paul molitor got fired as manager, but the team wants to keep him in some other capacity.

Molitor out as Twins manager; new role offered

In a surprise move, the Twins will have a new manager in 2019, as Hall of Famer Paul Molitor has been offered a new role in a baseball operations capacity. Twins chief baseball officer Derek Falvey and general manager Thad Levine held a press conference at Target Field on Tuesday to make the announcement.

Molitor, the American League Manager of the Year in 2017, oversaw a disappointing season with the Twins, who fell out of contention by early July and were sellers at the non-waiver Trade Deadline. Minnesota finished with a 78-84 record and failed to build on its surprise run to the AL Wild Card Game in '17. Twins owner Jim Pohlad was presented with the decision on Thursday, and Molitor was informed Tuesday morning after meeting with Falvey and Levine.

more at link,,,,,,,

Jay
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 7:26:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 10:54:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Showalter is out at the Orioles.

Showalter....gone
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 5:31:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Any bets on 7th Place

Link Posted: 10/4/2018 7:07:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Any bets on 7th Place
View Quote
Don Mattingly??
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 8:05:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Don Mattingly??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any bets on 7th Place
Don Mattingly??
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Not sure how I missed it, but Mike Scioscia stepped down a few days ago.  Not really fired, though.

Mike Scioscia steps down
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 8:40:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Not sure how I missed it, but Mike Scioscia stepped down a few days ago.  Not really fired, though.

Mike Scioscia steps down
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Mike Scioscia steps down
From August 4:

Quoted:
Mike Scioscia Quitting?  Angles manager
Unconfirmed at this time.
If he quits that doesn't count as being fired.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top