[Last Edit: Corporal_Chaos] [#1]
Disregard.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 9:42:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ar-jedi:

@loon_138
View Quote
Thanks! Was poking through the thread, and figured it was due!

Loon
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 12:42:42 AM EDT
[#3]
update?
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:35:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ar-jedi] [#4]
data for the 4 fund portfolio for the period ending 27 jul 2019:

data for the reference portfolio, same period:

summary:

the 4 fund portfolio is at $18,745.39, or up about 87.4% since portfolio inception inclusive of all trading costs.

the reference portfolio is at $21,774.55 or up about 117.7% since portfolio inception.

ar-jedi

eta
https://stockcharts.com/freecharts/perf.php?DODFX,FBALX,IJJ,TAVFX,FFNOX
(note: you have to play with the slider a bit to get the start date set to the beginning of 2007)

Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:45:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TxBshmstr:
update?
View Quote
@TxBshmstr
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Random question: I accidentally bought an ETF (AOA) with my brokerage account instead of my Roth account. Funds were separate. Can I sell the ETF in my brokerage account without penalty?
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 3:32:24 AM EDT
[#7]
This is actually a fun thread. I made a bet with my wife last year that I could turn a 10k crypto portfolio into 100k inside of a year. I turned 1500% profits inside of 7 months.

This year, I’m doing long hold. 100% holdings in ICP, and holding for a minimum of 3 years.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 11:54:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Alderleet:
This is actually a fun thread.
View Quote

unfortunately, the folks at Morningstar brought an end to it last year with a complete overhaul of their portfolio tracker feature.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 1:18:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tooter] [#9]
It's interesting to look back in this thread to see the contrast of the pre-Biden years to now.

I have a rhetorical question to offer for your consideration. Take a look at your monthly budget. Now subtract ALL of your debt payments and insurance costs from it.

What's your cost of living now?

That question alludes to my own approach. Instead of stocks and 401k's and stuff like that, I invest in living completely debt free, and also invest in self indemnification by assuming personal responsibility for myself instead of feeling entitled to expect someone else to pay my bills. I own all of my possessions outright (Land, Home, Vehicles, Business, etc.) And carry no insurance except the bare minimum required for vehicle registration in California. That costs a total of $2.30 per day for 3 vehicles (a car, a work truck, and a motorcycle). Freed from slavery to debt and insurance, it hardly costs my wife and I anything to live.

I couldn't recommend this approach to others as they are already living with the consequences they set into motion by their own prior choices which would likely make it impossible. I chose to go in this direction decades ago so as to make the conversion seamless over time.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Tacked The 10K Portfolio (Page 4 of 4)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top