Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/18/2021 10:46:41 PM EDT
... for being such bitches about politics, that I canceled Prime immediately after you eff'ed with Parler and your partner, GoDaddy, eff'ed with arfcom.  I made sure when I canceled, that they knew why.  It literally took a half hour with on the phone with Bobby from Mumbai in their customer service department, to register the reason I was canceling.

I'm not a rich man, but I do OK.  Well enough so that, between my wife and I, we probably impulse buy between $50 and $250 a month of crap that we mostly don't need, from Amazon.  Amazon's website, and their 2 day delivery, is truly brilliant at getting people to impulse buy crap they don't need.

So now, when I want something, I have to go look for it elsewhere.  When I see the cost of shipping, how long it is going to take to get it, etc., that kills the "impulse buy high" a lot of the time.  So now, I'm more likely to only get stuff that I truly need.

Between the cost of Prime membership, and the crap that I just won't buy any more, I bet I'll save a thousand bucks this year, easy.

Shove it up your ass, Bezos.  I don't like unions, but I dearly hope your employees get one and make you miserable.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:49:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:03:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't Prime but I did have a set of WildPeak tires in my cart that I cancelled. I've also toyed with the idea of just contacting the vender if it's independent and try to order direct.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:07:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't Prime but I did have a set of WildPeak tires in my cart that I cancelled. I've also toyed with the idea of just contacting the vender if it's independent and try to order direct.
View Quote

It's very likely that they will be cheaper.  Amazon isn't successful because of their amazing deals.   They are selling an easy / addictive shopping experience and quick delivery.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:08:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Thanks!

I just noticed the "Amazon Item" icon in the menu up there ^.

@GoatBoy, maybe you should consider removing that?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:40:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Good point OP.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:45:41 PM EDT
[#7]
The Tech Giants don't realize how they hurt themselves by supporting an AntiBusiness Religion.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:49:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I completely agree.  Its crazy how much less I've bought in small purchases since canceling prime.  My wife would say the same.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:50:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The Tech Giants don't realize how they hurt themselves by supporting an AntiBusiness Religion.
View Quote

The People’s Online Market (formerly Amazon) will be just fine in the United States of China.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:50:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Every click is a vote.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#11]
2 day delivery you say. LOL. I haven't had that happen since before Christmas.  I would cancel but my wife divorce me.  And it cheaper to keep her...
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:53:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Cancelled ours this morning.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:54:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I use amazon for research purposes, then order straight from the retailer/mfg.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:55:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I couldn’t cancel immediately

I had to wait two months since I had paid for the year?
View Quote

They tried that with me as well. Mine just renewed a few weeks ago and they tried to "pause" my account starting January 2022. No thanks! Talked with customer service via chat function and flat cancelled effective immediately. Refund inbound.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:57:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Iiiiin
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:00:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The People's Online Market (formerly Amazon) will be just fine in the United States of China.
View Quote
Much of what they sell is just fake Chinese knockoff garbage anyway.
Look into any name brand products on Amazon, being sold under the name brand, and it's rife with reviews of people receiving Chinese fakes.
That alone has turned me away from buying on Bezo's "China First, America Last" website.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:01:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Why do people talk about “canceling” or “not renewing” prime as if they put a stake through the heart of a dragon?

The only thing I still do that touches Amazon, for now, is this website and I have no illusions about anybody caring.

But when YOU are actually willing to be slightly inconvenienced enough to put your mouth, money and business elsewhere, enough to make a competitor viable, THAT is when the dragon starts to worry about stakes in its heart. Like Parler.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:05:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Much of what they sell is just fake Chinese knockoff garbage anyway.
Look into any name brand products on Amazon, being sold under the name brand, and it's rife with reviews of people receiving Chinese fakes.
That alone has turned me away from buying on Bezo's "China First, America Last" website.
View Quote

This is a huge problem I've had with Amazon. I bet a lot of people don't even know they are getting fakes. Or they just don't care. I'm not quite sure.

I had to quit using them for my business due to the surprising amount of counterfeit parts I got.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:00:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Why do people talk about “canceling” or “not renewing” prime as if they put a stake through the heart of a dragon?

The only thing I still do that touches Amazon, for now, is this website and I have no illusions about anybody caring.

But when YOU are actually willing to be slightly inconvenienced enough to put your mouth, money and business elsewhere, enough to make a competitor viable, THAT is when the dragon starts to worry about stakes in its heart. Like Parler.

View Quote

I haven't bought anything from them since then, and I've already bought stuff from competitors online.  For example, my parents needed a new vacuum cleaner.  That's the kind of thing that I would usually just buy on Amazon and get shipped to their house.  I ordered it from Lowes instead (a concealed carry friendly corporation, btw).  

So I get it, you're not impressed.  Sorry man.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:22:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I haven't bought anything from them since then, and I've already bought stuff from competitors online.  For example, my parents needed a new vacuum cleaner.  That's the kind of thing that I would usually just buy on Amazon and get shipped to their house.  I ordered it from Lowes instead (a concealed carry friendly corporation, btw).  

So I get it, you're not impressed.  Sorry man.
View Quote

Live by that sig line
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:24:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm holding out on cancelling as something has been happening with my purchases that I am finding curious.

1. I order inexpensive items with free shipping
2. USPS fucks up and doesn't deliver on time on a fairly regular basis.
3. Amazon issues refund.
4. I reorder if I still need it.
5. If lucky second order makes it on time.
6. At some point original order (which I have received a refund for) gets unfucked and shows up at my house=FREE SHIT and Amazon gets fucked.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:32:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Definitely true. I canceled mine and will save money by not impulse buying crap.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:36:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Sorry, I made it sound too personal. You were just next in line to make my point. It sounds like we're on the same page, I just went all the way and nuked my account from orbit.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:36:36 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll have to consider it!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Canceled mine a couple of months ago.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:39:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I use amazon for research purposes, then order straight from the retailer/mfg.
View Quote

I've started doing this as well. The money you save buying from Amazon is nice in many cases but you're helping the actual seller me by buying direct. I don't need things that fast anyway.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Their bottom line isn't affect one single bit by you cancelling your membership.  But at least you feel better.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:40:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm holding out on cancelling as something has been happening with my purchases that I am finding curious.

1. I order inexpensive items with free shipping
2. USPS fucks up and doesn't deliver on time on a fairly regular basis.
3. Amazon issues refund.
4. I reorder if I still need it.
5. If lucky second order makes it on time.
6. At some point original order (which I have received a refund for) gets unfucked and shows up at my house=FREE SHIT and Amazon gets fucked.

View Quote

Several months ago, when I told them to FO, they instantly credited my account with a few dollars. I told them I didn't want their fucking money, close my account. Habib said they couldn't close it when I had a credit. SOBs tried to get me to spend it, delaying my decision to ditch them.

I actually had to insult Bezos to get Habib to close my account, which he did immediately

Fuck them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:47:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Twitter account already deleted, Amazon is next as soon as I figure out the MIL streaming solution. Will lose about 150 kindle books. Amazon can go somewhere and F off
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:49:46 PM EDT
[#31]
That'll teach em.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:52:25 PM EDT
[#32]
I wish I was as virtuous as OP
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:03:23 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm letting my subscription end in May.

What's the best on demand movie service?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:09:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I wonder if liberals have threads about how they are diverting all their pot money to Amazon and Apple for "defending freedom".
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:11:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
2 day delivery you say. LOL. I haven't had that happen since before Christmas.  I would cancel but my wife divorce me.  And it cheaper to keep her...
View Quote

I ordered two barstools TUE 19 JAN @ 4:00 PM.  That was the day before yesterday.  They traveled from Virginia to Michigan.  Got them today, less than ~46 hours after I ordered them.  Did not pay anything "extra" for shipping.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:13:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Fuckers caused me to get cable TV again.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:14:07 PM EDT
[#37]
I canceled then deleted Amazon a week or so ago. I just canceled Netflix a few minutes ago.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:26:58 PM EDT
[#38]
I dumped all of my accounts as well. buh bye! Ain’t gonna lie, I had no idea how easy it made things....
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:37:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Their bottom line isn't affect one single bit by you cancelling your membership.  But at least you feel better.
View Quote

Individually, they won’t notice.  But as more and more of us cancel and cease using their services, yes, it hurts their bottom line.  It may not be by much, but it adds up.  And as we spread the word and get more people to cancel who share our point of view it’ll really start to add up.  

And I do feel better!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:06:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Sorry, I made it sound too personal. You were just next in line to make my point. It sounds like we're on the same page, I just went all the way and nuked my account from orbit.
View Quote

I have hundreds of books in my kindle account.  If I completely delete my account, I lose them forever, even though I've bought and paid for them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:06:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Did the same OP!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:09:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It's very likely that they will be cheaper.  Amazon isn't successful because of their amazing deals.   They are selling an easy / addictive shopping experience and quick delivery.
View Quote

This

Sometimes quick delivery, depends on what mood the lazy mother fuckers are in that day
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:10:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

about 2/3rds of the stuff on amazon is sold by third  party vendors and if you contact them and ask they probably wont do it as amazon monitors the emails and if they even hint at sending you somewhere else or purchase outside of amazon and deprive them of their huge cut they will shut down their shop ricky ticky
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:13:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

They tried that with me as well. Mine just renewed a few weeks ago and they tried to "pause" my account starting January 2022. No thanks! Talked with customer service via chat function and flat cancelled effective immediately. Refund inbound.
View Quote

hope you actually get your money cause they aren't paying the sellers whats owed them i heard of one store that was owed over 28k and they had not seen a dime in weeks and per amazon policy you get paid everything every two weeks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:17:01 PM EDT
[#45]
I’ve found that most everything is buy on Amazon, I can get for about the same price through eBay, Walmart, target or cabelas.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:17:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Right, and my single vote doesn't matter either.  Why bother?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:19:17 PM EDT
[#47]
never had a prime account, never had a google account.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:20:16 PM EDT
[#48]
I haven’t been around long but I took both of my domains elsewhere after the godaddy fiasco with this site. I also let them know exactly why I was leaving.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:23:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I have hundreds of books in my kindle account.  If I completely delete my account, I lose them forever, even though I've bought and paid for them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm surprised nobody has made some software that allows you to download them onto your hard drive.  I don't have hundreds but I don't want to lose what I do have.

ETA- I've noticed that their prices really aren't that great anymore and there has definitely been a surge in counterfeits and screwed up shipping.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:26:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Amazon made it so much easier to do international shit, IE blu ray tv shows and movies that I cannot get here that I want physically.  Orders and sent so fuck em I am done.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top