Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2023 4:17:55 PM EDT
Source

Tesla has slashed prices of new and low-mileage inventory vehicles by as much as $6,300 in the United States.

Most Model 3, Model Y, Model S, and Model X vehicles featured on the website's inventory section get discounted, regardless of the trim level. Bear in mind that some of the advertised cars are demo vehicles, and some of those have higher mileages.

Starting with the Tesla Model 3, the base RWD trim gets discounts of up to $2,700, with the most affordable vehicle listed carrying a $36,260 price tag. The Model 3 Long Range AWD sees even bigger price cuts of up to $3,300 in some cases, with prices starting at $43,230.

As for the Model 3 Performance range-topper, the discounts are as high as $3,700, with prices starting at $47,420.

Moving on to the Model Y, the RWD base trim is $3,000 off, which means you can get one from as little as $40,910. The Model Y Long Range AWD sees an average reduction of $2,500, with the most affordable examples listed on Tesla's website starting at $46,540.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 4:29:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry Elon. Hard pass.

Link Posted: 11/24/2023 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck no
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 4:34:28 PM EDT
[#3]
EV THREAD BOIS
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#4]
A friend owns one and it seems like a neat car. It's great for local transport.  With that said, money is better spent on a hybrid or even an accord that can get over 30mpg on the interstate.  Too much money tied up in a Tesla.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#5]
This is just the kind of crap that makes me hate EVs:

NJ goes ahead with ban on sale of new gas-powered vehicles, begins in 2035
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 5:41:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Because most-nobody wants the things...
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

You're directing your hate at the wrong thing. Should be directed towards the law creators and politicians.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 5:52:35 PM EDT
[#8]
$36,000 is more reasonable, but I have no interest and can't buy one.
I can buy a Mazda for the same price, it's better looking, more functional, easier to use, doesn't tie me in to a fucking phone app or account, just better in every way.

If Tesla made a car with dials and buttons to do the things that need to be done quickly and efficiently, didn't need a phone app or any other retarded shit, I'd consider it.

Tesla doesn't make cars, they make 4 wheel touchscreens.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 6:05:28 PM EDT
[#9]
$30-40k for a roomba

Lol
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Probably the best thing about my altima is getting over 40 mpg on the highway at 75 mph. Cost a lot less than a Tesla too and can go about 500 miles (highway) between fill ups.
Globull warming is a lie, fuck NJ.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 6:12:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Gas companies should say in 2035 we will end all gas and heating oil sales to NJ in 2035.

Then car dealers close all NJ dealership followed by ending sales and service to all NJ gov in 2035.

Link Posted: 11/24/2023 6:13:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Good. Make the UAW bleed.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
$36,000 is more reasonable, but I have no interest and can't buy one.
I can buy a Mazda for the same price, it's better looking, more functional, easier to use, doesn't tie me in to a fucking phone app or account, just better in every way.

If Tesla made a car with dials and buttons to do the things that need to be done quickly and efficiently, didn't need a phone app or any other retarded shit, I'd consider it.

Tesla doesn't make cars, they make 4 wheel touchscreens.
View Quote

Road & Track describes the Model S as, “a very fast car wrapped in a series of consciously bad decisions”.
You swipe the center screen to change gears…
At least the steering yoke is now an option.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
People complain about the cost of living in blue states, it is BS like this that contributes mightily to the cost.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Gas companies should say in 2035 we will end all gas and heating oil sales to NJ in 2035.

Then car dealers close all NJ dealership followed by ending sales and service to all NJ gov in 2035.

View Quote

Why wait? If it was my company, I'd announce it today. Solve the problem immediately.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Tesla is going to have to set up their own financing division like all the major car makers.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Road & Track describes the Model S as “a very fast car wrapped in a series of consciously bad decisions”.
You swipe the center screen to change gears…
At least the steering yoke is now an option.
View Quote

A big problem I'm seeing is with the review channels. I greatly respect Throttle House on youtube, and had a few other car channel subscriptions, but all they're showing is EV shit now.

So I unsubbed, I'm tired of the deluge of EV shit. I don't care about your 10 minute analysis on how good the "infotainment" system is.

I'm fucking driving, I don't want an infotainment system. Idiots, almost all car mfrs are idiots at this time.

Remember in the early-mid 2000's when rear seat dvd players was an upsell? See any of those now? That's a passenger luxory.
Honestly they don't care about drivers or passengers now. It's strictly government regulations and exchanging government mandated carbon credits.

You can't make a market from government subsidies.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 6:25:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Tesla is going to have to set up their own financing division like all the major car makers.
View Quote

Even though sales (and prices) are down, Tesla still enjoys 50% market share.  They don’t seem to have a problem attracting buyers with the means to buy.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

A big problem I'm seeing is with the review channels. I greatly respect Throttle House on youtube, and had a few other car channel subscriptions, but all they're showing is EV shit now.

So I unsubbed, I'm tired of the deluge of EV shit. I don't care about your 10 minute analysis on how good the "infotainment" system is.

I'm fucking driving, I don't want an infotainment system. Idiots, almost all car mfrs are idiots at this time.

Remember in the early-mid 2000's when rear seat dvd players was an upsell? See any of those now? That's a passenger luxory.
Honestly they don't care about drivers or passengers now. It's strictly government regulations and exchanging government mandated carbon credits.

You can't make a market from government subsidies.
View Quote

Road & Track is still biased towards driver experience and cars that are engaging.  
They review BEVs and give a thorough account of the experience but aren’t shamelessly pushing them as a replacement for IC vehicles.  Especially in the performance category.  
They don’t even bother with track time in most performance BEV reviews because, “Hard time on the track would wreak havoc on batteries, overheating them, draining them.  Without an adequate charging base, the return to civilization would involve a fleet of diesel-fired flatbeds”.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wrong.  People tend to forget Elons whole reason for starting Tesla.  The goal was to make EV tech cheap enough for mass production and to make a $30k EV.  Lowering prices isn't indicative of a problem.  It's a sign that he's trying to reach the goal he set out for.  I think before wuflu hit, his goal was to make it down to $25K to make it more affordable to the masses.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 7:04:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Road & Track is still biased towards driver experience and cars that are engaging companies that pay them for good reviews.  
They review BEVs and give a thorough account of the experience but aren’t shamelessly pushing them as a replacement for IC vehicles.  Especially in the performance category.  
They don’t even bother with track time in most performance BEV reviews because, “Hard time on the track would wreak havoc on batteries, overheating them, draining them.  Without an adequate charging base, the return to civilization would involve a fleet of diesel-fired flatbeds”.
View Quote

Fixed.  No one reads Road & Track any more.  If you do, congrats on reading an obsolete legacy advertisement masquerading as a magazine.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Wrong.  People tend to forget Elons whole reason for starting Tesla.  The goal was to make EV tech cheap enough for mass production and to make a $30k EV.  Lowering prices isn't indicative of a problem.  It's a sign that he's trying to reach the goal he set out for.  I think before wuflu hit, his goal was to make it down to $25K to make it more affordable to the masses.
View Quote

He’s also gone on record saying that Tesla lowers prices based on demand as well.  Other companies offer incentives and Tesla offers a reduction in the sales price.  Which option would you rather have as a consumer?  Some incentives or a lower price?
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 7:07:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 7:08:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Source

Tesla has slashed prices of new and low-mileage inventory vehicles by as much as $6,300 in the United States.
View Quote

Save almost enough buy a real Jeep!

Link Posted: 11/24/2023 7:19:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Even though sales (and prices) are down, Tesla still enjoys 50% market share.  They don't seem to have a problem attracting buyers with the means to buy.
View Quote
50% of the EV market share in the US.  

I think Tesla's overall market share is around 4%.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 7:23:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Thank goodness they didn't raise the prices or the GD would have kittens.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I plan to pick up a base Highland in a year.

After the Fed $7500 rebate, I could be looking at a sub $30k vehicle...
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#28]
If I were in the market for an ev, my search would begin and end with Tesla. That said, an ev is incompatible with my lifestyle, however for people that live and work exclusively in an urban/suburban area, it's probably a great option.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't care if their giving the son of a bitches away for free I wouldn't buy one anyway.
FT
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Fixed.  No one reads Road & Track any more.  If you do, congrats on reading an obsolete legacy advertisement masquerading as a magazine.
View Quote

If operating a Leaf is your idea of driving engagement…
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 7:52:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Waiting for my truck

The entire time I have been waiting I have been paying for it

The funny part is I could buy three now and it is making me money
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 7:55:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Why wait? If it was my company, I'd announce it today. Solve the problem immediately.
View Quote
Not a bad idea.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 7:59:21 PM EDT
[#33]
EVs only make sense if you are a climate change virtue signaling urban dweller.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 8:01:02 PM EDT
[#35]
My 21 Accord was $30k, is zippy enough for me, and fully recharges in 2.5 minutes.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Source

Most Model 3, Model Y, Model S, and Model X vehicles featured on the website's inventory section get discounted, regardless of the trim level. Bear in mind that some of the advertised cars are demo vehicles, and some of those have higher mileages.

Starting with the Tesla Model 3, the base RWD trim gets discounts of up to $2,700, with the most affordable vehicle listed carrying a $36,260 price tag. The Model 3 Long Range AWD sees even bigger price cuts of up to $3,300 in some cases, with prices starting at $43,230.

As for the Model 3 Performance range-topper, the discounts are as high as $3,700, with prices starting at $47,420.

Moving on to the Model Y, the RWD base trim is $3,000 off, which means you can get one from as little as $40,910. The Model Y Long Range AWD sees an average reduction of $2,500, with the most affordable examples listed on Tesla's website starting at $46,540.
View Quote

An in other news, FJB's economy spares no one.  Even liberals get the bullet.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 8:14:30 PM EDT
[#37]
And a $7500 tax credit for those under 150/300k magi single/married....

About as good of price as I'd expect to see if you're in the market. Amazing how cheap the energy cost per mile is.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You're directing your hate at the wrong thing. Should be directed towards the law creators and politicians.
View Quote

Nope. EVs are being used as a weapon against the automobile consumer in a nation where the automobile has been a way of life for over a hundred years, where consumers have always been allowed to choose between steam, electric, gasoline, diesel or hydrogen powered cars. They are being told you will embrace EVs, or else. The free market should be the only thing determining what people can drive. I will continue to hate the crap that is being forced down my throat, as well as the tyrants who are doing it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top