Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2019 11:09:24 PM EDT
Has anyone tried them?

Looks like they have the true original Roper that you really can't find anymore.  Calfskin, Lizard, Ostrich

I haven't had a good pair of comfortable boots since they were affordable and made in the USA.  I miss the high quality Justin Ropers made in the USA for 79.99.  Justin's USA made is now mediocre at best, soles gone in about 3 months.

I think I will give Tecovas a try, made in Leon MX.  Leather is probably cured in cow piss.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 11:13:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Im not an expert but check out Double H boots. Had a pair for 7 years now. Had them reheeled once.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:08:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I've seen the ads but I don't know much about them.  I do know that I want to try on boots before I buy.  A pair of boots isn't like a pair of running shoes.  They have to fit just right.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 12:00:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree with both of you.

I had Double H years ago, very good boot.  I hate the square toe, which makes a very limited selection.  Why did we go to square toe?  Hate it.

I got my first pair of Tecovas and had to send them back.  Too big.  They paid for shipping both ways, I think the 2nd order fits.

I’m going to keep them.  I’ll let you know how they hold up if you are interested. These are the true original style roper from the 70’s and 80’s as far as style and shape.  I wonder if they bought boot styles from Justin and Nocona?

I’ve been trying to find this style of ropers for years.

I hope they are the real deal.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 3:06:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m interested in the ropers.  Did you get the Nash ostrich?  How is the fit?
I wear wide and a 11 normally.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 3:21:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been tracking these for a long time, but never pulled the trigger.

My research suggests happy owners.

Problem is a pair of those ostrich ropers is almost a pistol, that's what always jams me up.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 5:24:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Tagscribed

I've seen the ads and bought HH since I could try them on at Cavender's (in Houston). Those developed a bad squeak in both boots within 2 weeks. I called the store in Killeen which gave me full-price replacement. I went with the store brand and love them.

But, I really want a couple more pairs of nicer boots now that I can afford them. I look forward to a "range report" and even "dinner pics".
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 4:15:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry I missed the interest and questions.

I bought the Lizard Ropers.  The grain of the lizard hide is not as deep as I thought they would be, but no big deal to me.

I think they are very nice with good craftsmanship.  I went with a 10EE, and I usually wear a 10.5 in a tennis shoe if that helps.

Very comfortable for me.  They are made in Mexico, but have that great leather smell like we used to get with a good Justin boot.

Didn't take much to break them in, but I'll have to see how they hold up.

Dinner pics within the next few weeks.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 5:41:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the update.  Looking forward to the pictures.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 8:43:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Just FYI to any one on the fence about ordering a pair.

If you have a small foot 7 or 7.5 or a large foot 14, 14.5, 15

I tried to order a pair. And was told they are discontinuing these sizes.

Link Posted: 11/17/2020 6:34:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I have 6 pair.

Love them.

Order whatever size you wear in a sneaker.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top