Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/28/2020 6:17:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 8:41:26 PM EDT
[#1]
And let the games begin! Any questions or comments? I'll do my best to answer them!
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I watched it a little while ago then went to Taurus's website because I was curious if they offered it in a 3" (of course they don't).  Whoever designed their website ought to be caned until they can't walk.  Along with the other issues, someone needs to explain filters to them and that they need to add the calibers to to the descriptions and not just have a meaningless model number.  Glad the gun worked out well for you though.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 9:04:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And let the games begin! Any questions or comments? I'll do my best to answer them!
View Quote

You make a pretty good vid, dude!

I like the looks of that Taurus, by the way.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 10:37:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Taurus: A fistful of Trash
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 10:40:50 PM EDT
[#5]
My very first handgun was a 669

It was so much higher quality than the recent Taurus
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 10:44:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Im just here for the memes

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 10:47:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Man, this is a tough crowd!
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 10:55:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks nice.   How much for the 4"?  I have and orginal pt111 milinieum that has never had a single issue.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 10:58:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:02:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I 've had one I bought used over 16 years ago.
Thing runs like a top. No problems.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:04:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh shit, this is supposed to be real.

I seriously thought this was going to be a sweet Photoshop thread, or other joke.

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:04:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please don't insult trash by comparing to Taurus.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:06:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I've got an old Taurus 85, and had a 3" 94 for a long time. Never had a problem with them. They were built before the machinery that S&W sold them wore out.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:28:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You make a pretty good vid, dude!

I like the looks of that Taurus, by the way.
View Quote

Thanks a ton!
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:30:32 PM EDT
[#16]
I saw the video and thought it was pretty good. But I don't know if I'd bring that here.

GD really hates Taurus. From what I have seen of their customer service I get it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:34:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

My my moms house gun. Had to have been bought in 92 or 93. Shot enough, it still runs fine. Some don't tho, I get it
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:59:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Attachment Attached File

Nothin better than a 8 shot revolver.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:04:57 AM EDT
[#19]
That is actually a pretty nice looking revolver.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:13:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Taurus firearms are pieces of shit.
/thread
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:19:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Bought a taurus 92 back in the mid 90s. The barrel shot out after a few hundred rounds. Got a replacement but the rear sight was half way installed on the slide. Knocked it back on the slide then took it shooting. It shot 10' to the left
Apparently that sight hanging off the slide was sighted in. Sold it for cheap and have never touched another taurus since.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:25:29 AM EDT
[#22]
I had a Taurus 605 15 years ago. It shot like a champ. No issues ever. I put well over 10k through that revolver 5 shots at a time.

Taurus semis are junk.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:57:57 AM EDT
[#23]
I had a M66 last year.  It went back 3 times for the same issue, and never was fixed.  Cylinder wasn't square on the front, and would hang on the forcing cone.  The shop ended up refunding my money, and cutting it up with a torch.  I'll nevr own another Taurus, and I've owned several over the years.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 2:23:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Friend of mine bought a .38 Taurus revolver last July, shot about 1/2 box of ammo through it and stopped working. Been back to Taurus 3 x’s, still doesn’t have it back yet.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 4:44:21 AM EDT
[#25]
How was the lock up though?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:46:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  Look at the lockwork, its material and design  
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:53:47 AM EDT
[#27]
LOFL
Taurus. Let the hate flow, bro.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:06:01 AM EDT
[#28]
How much would a targeted ad cost?  

Because there's no fucking way this is legit.

Considering the age of a lot of members here, why not just do what the mainstream media does and take ads for prescription medicine?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:10:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Please don't insult trash by comparing to Taurus.
View Quote

At least trash was useful at one point
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:20:30 AM EDT
[#30]
I had over the years a couple of Taurus revolvers and a PT 92.

The revolvers were a bit rough but worked, the Beretta copy was a pretty good gun, wish I hadn't traded it off.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:37:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The revolvers were a bit rough but worked, the Beretta copy was a pretty good gun, wish I hadn't traded it off.
View Quote

I have a 669 that I got in March of '90 and it's had thousands of .38s though it  and has been great. Not a bobble.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:53:51 AM EDT
[#32]
I wouldn't buy one, but I like that it doesn't have a Hillary hole.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:59:03 AM EDT
[#33]
So do we hate Taurus or Rossi more? I know we love shitty Rohm, Clerke and Heritage.

Just trying to get my hive mind right.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:59:39 AM EDT
[#34]
In the 90’s I had a 66 6”, an 85, and the crown jewel, a 441 .44 special. All worked just fine. However, I suppose that 25 years could result in changes...

I also carried that .44 special regularly, so maybe I shouldn’t be trusted.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:04:05 AM EDT
[#35]
I used to lust after a Raging Bull.

But then a stint working at a gun store cured me of any desires to own a Taurus revolver.  

Even seen them out of the box where the cylinder didn’t line up.  Usually it was customers bringing them in with the cylinders jammed up tight.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:32:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
So do we hate Taurus or Rossi more? I know we love shitty Rohm, Clerke and Heritage.

View Quote

Aren't Taurus and Rossi the same?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:34:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So's Heritage but we hate them separately to remain pure
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:37:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Rossi used to make a decent revolver for the money, then they got bought out by new and improved Taurus.  Taurus used to make decent semi autos (their Beretta copies) and serviceable .22/.32/.38 revolvers.  While by no means as refined as the large manufacturers, they usually worked well enough in their intended roles.  I don't think anyone expected them to be used on the competition circuit and while somewhat rough, they were good enough for the average gun owner who wanted a self defense handgun that was going to spend most of its life in a drawer or being carried by a Brazilian shopkeeper or person on a limited budget who wasn't going to shoot it a ton.  Then they got bigger and "improved" them and things really became hit or miss with an apparent high percentage of miss.  

Disclaimer, I own or have owned several Rossi small frame .38s and a couple of Taurus revolvers in .22 and .38.  I think the newest of the ones I've ever owned was from around 1994.  I carry a S&W 642 or 19 when I carry a revolver.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:48:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:19:52 AM EDT
[#40]
I’ve seen as many Taurus guns go back to the factory as S&Ws in my use and my circle of friends. I have also never had their internal lock activate on its own, unlike S&Ws. Any lock S&W I get I immediately grind of the nub off that plate and if I keep the gun long term it gets the whole mechanism removed and plugged.

They make servicable revolvers, if you have the chance at picking between several of the same model you’ll probably find a good one that looks decent too. The Model 85 UltraLite I carried for years stopped a robbery. It was the only revolver I could afford at the time, and it carried very well.

@Stylz I would love to see a review on their new 3” 38s, the 856 Defender or something like that. Has decent sights, full length ejector, and 6 rounds in a package marginally larger than a J frame.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:22:20 AM EDT
[#41]

Jesus tittyfucking Christ, what the fuck!?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:25:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Should we tell him?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:28:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

same.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:31:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

A 669 was my first centerfire handgun, purchased new in 1990.  I've never had a problem with it.  I do wish I had bought stainless instead of blue steel, though.  

I bought a PT-92 a couple of years later.  Its been a solid gun, shot every 9mm I put in it.  I shot it so well that a buddy of mine I was shooting with told me to carry that gun and not anything else!
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:37:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Why would you do this?

It's a rhetorical question. Like when your mom caught you eating paint chips for the 3rd time.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Rossi used to make a decent revolver for the money, then they got bought out by new and improved Taurus.  Taurus used to make decent semi autos (their Beretta copies) and serviceable .22/.32/.38 revolvers.  While by no means as refined as the large manufacturers, they usually worked well enough in their intended roles.  I don't think anyone expected them to be used on the competition circuit and while somewhat rough, they were good enough for the average gun owner who wanted a self defense handgun that was going to spend most of its life in a drawer or being carried by a Brazilian shopkeeper or person on a limited budget who wasn't going to shoot it a ton.  Then they got bigger and "improved" them and things really became hit or miss with an apparent high percentage of miss.  

Disclaimer, I own or have owned several Rossi small frame .38s and a couple of Taurus revolvers in .22 and .38.  I think the newest of the ones I've ever owned was from around 1994.  I carry a S&W 642 or 19 when I carry a revolver.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Entirely fair from my limited experience, but not sure how actual facts made into GD Goodonya

I feeel ya. Revolver carry - either a 637 or a 3" 65, or if I'm feeling really really nostalgic and want to connect with my grandfather, a 60s Nickel Agent. Keep a couple of Taurus that were my moms - shot occasionally but I've never carried them.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:48:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:02:53 AM EDT
[#48]
5:05  :  I prefer the variation, "Your worst day at the range is always better than your best day at work."

2:01  :  I don't own any centerfire revolvers.  Is that cylinder wall a reasonable thickness?  Looks thin, but I don't really know.  Do you think there will be failures there on high round guns?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:20:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes it does, it's just in the hammer instead of the frame.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:21:40 AM EDT
[#50]
POS gun.

Worst wheel gun i have owned.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top