Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2020 2:46:31 PM EDT
With the changes coming has anyone else had problems trying to get the payment allotment set up through the TRICARE website?

If you did not know, we now have to pay to remain covered by TRICARE.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 2:58:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Took five minutes to put in the request.  Whether or not that hits DFAS, I don't know.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sinister:
Took five minutes to put in the request.  Whether or not that hits DFAS, I don't know.
View Quote

Yep, did the same thing the other day. Got an email today saying my allotment request is complete...whatever the heck that means.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 7:31:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By VACaver:lt.

Yep, did the same thing the other day. Got an email today saying my allotment request is complete...whatever the heck that means.
View Quote

Did the same as VACaver and got the same result.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 7:49:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By mrcr0603:

Did the same as VACaver and got the same result.
View Quote

I wound up getting a letter in the mail instructing me that I had to approve the start of an allotment. Did it online and it only took a few minutes.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 2:59:33 PM EDT
[#5]
So has anyone gotten any other info about this?  I did not see any money deducted from my retired pay this month not have I gotten anything other than warning emails after getting my confirmation with Humana.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 4:11:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Keep in mind this is only for folks who are in TRICARE Select AND who do not meet the following requirements:

Your enrollment fee is waived if you’re:

An active duty family member
A medically retired retiree or family member
A survivor of an active duty sponsor or medically retired retiree
View Quote

https://www.tricare.mil/selectenrollmentfees#:~:text=If%20you're%20a%20Group,maintain%20your%20TRICARE%20Select%20coverage.&text=For%20an%20individual%20plan%2C%20you,per%20month%20or%20%24300%20annually.

If you are not in the above categories, the new fee applies for SELECT only.

Otherwise:

Do you use TRICARE For Life, TRICARE Prime, TRICARE Reserve Select, TRICARE Retired Reserve, or TRICARE Young Adult?
If so, this change didn't affect you. This information is for you only if you’re enrolled in TRICARE Select. Want to check your plan’s costs? Visit www.tricare.mil/costs. For more information on TRICARE For Life, visit www.tricare.mil/tfl.
View Quote

ibid.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#7]
What about retirees widows?
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 9:33:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By IHC53:
What about retirees widows?
View Quote

Based on the 3 criteria, I assume that if they use Select then they would be subject to fees if the retiree was not medically retired, but retired “traditionally”.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:39:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Signed up for it in November when registration opened, the deduction started in the Jan 1st check.  After dealing with DFAS for so many years, this process worked better than expected.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine started last month.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 7:31:58 PM EDT
[#11]
https://www.military.com/daily-news/2021/03/16/119000-retired-military-beneficiaries-still-havent-set-payment-plans-tricare-select.html

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top