Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 242
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 10:55:28 PM EDT
[#1]
He should feel like a theif and a swindler.
View Quote

Once again, no.

A&M should feel like complete morons, and should absolutely feel the financial burn of throwing that kind of money (and contract) on the table.  They took a gamble, and the gamble didn't work out...don't be mad at Jimbo for cashing in.  Hell, look how much Mel Tucker is making at Mich State (and he has 13 losses in the last three seasons).
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 8:23:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:25:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:30:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Happy Thanksgiving

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I can’t imagine why.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:52:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

B1G it just means more
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:56:11 AM EDT
[#7]

This flag pole looks familiar.

Did you just happen to have to take down a gay pride flag from it recently sir?
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:56:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's on the other side of the driveway
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

You like going to both sides?
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:38:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm usually on the other 780 acres
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:48:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm usually on the other 780 acres
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 4:18:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Once again, no.

A&M should feel like complete morons, and should absolutely feel the financial burn of throwing that kind of money (and contract) on the table.  They took a gamble, and the gamble didn't work out...don't be mad at Jimbo for cashing in.  Hell, look how much Mel Tucker is making at Mich State (and he has 13 losses in the last three seasons).
View Quote

@Jason280 - you are a Georgia homer who is looking to poke another team/fan base in the eye, or just a dumbass.

Both sides entered into an agreement.  Either side can slip a bit.  The expectations of championships were NEVER hidden.  Hell, the administration even had a fake national championship trophy made with a blank date on it for fucks sakes.

If Jimbo was just unable to reach that level, but gave it a damn good try.  Then your stance is valid.

But this fucker just threw up the worst season in A&M's history for the past 50 years.  With the most money ever spent on it.  AND the most talent EVER in the locker room.

Jimbo should feel like a swindler and a theif.  If we got a 8 or 9 win season then A&M would deserve to feel the burn of making a bad choice.  But that's not what happened here.  This dude regressed the program to a level that NOBODY could have ever imagined.  THIS IS THE WORST A&M SEASON IN FIFTY FUCKING YEARS!!!!  Think about this:  The BIG12 didn't even exist the last time this school had a season this bad.  

So, you are either a Georgia homer looking to poke another SEC fan base in the eye and laugh at them, or you're a dumbass.

I don't think you're a dumbass.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 4:33:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@Jason280 - you are a Georgia homer who is looking to poke another team/fan base in the eye, or just a dumbass.

Both sides entered into an agreement.  Either side can slip a bit.  The expectations of championships were NEVER hidden.  Hell, the administration even had a fake national championship trophy made with a blank date on it for fucks sakes.

If Jimbo was just unable to reach that level, but gave it a damn good try.  Then your stance is valid.

But this fucker just threw up the worst season in A&M's history for the past 50 years.  With the most money ever spent on it.  AND the most talent EVER in the locker room.

Jimbo should feel like a swindler and a theif.  If we got a 8 or 9 win season then A&M would deserve to feel the burn of making a bad choice.  But that's not what happened here.  This dude regressed the program to a level that NOBODY could have ever imagined.  THIS IS THE WORST A&M SEASON IN FIFTY FUCKING YEARS!!!!  Think about this:  The BIG12 didn't even exist the last time this school had a season this bad.  

So, you are either a Georgia homer looking to poke another SEC fan base in the eye and laugh at them, or you're a dumbass.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once again, no.

This is GD.

Just get both!

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:57:12 PM EDT
[#14]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/HailStateFB/status/1595480105027092485?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1595480105027092485%7Ctwgr%5E2c07c7fdb2e9366370670eae9676afe082eca6d9%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.elitedawgs.com%2Fshowthread.php%3F94239-Hardy-my-man-well-done-Let-s-GO[/tweet]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:58:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Fuck Ole Piss
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sorry to hear that. I hope things get better.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#18]
We got a game.

HAIL STATE!!

Now defense needs to tighten up.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 8:24:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 10:55:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Rumor has it that Leech has been having some medical issues and will be announcing retirement this season.

Enjoying this egg bowl.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 10:58:10 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
Lol, how does Georgia even remotely factor into any of this?

To use your word, the "dumbass" here is still the A&M athletic department.

You want to put all the blame on Fisher, and I get it...but trying to absolve A&M of any responsibility is absurd.  I've posted this before, but Fisher wasn't an unknown when A&M hired him...they knew exactly what they were getting.  I remember Florida State fans saying warning the same thing after the 2017 season, when FSU had lost 6 games by the second week of November.  Take out the 3-yr run '12-14 (two of those on the back of Jameis Winston), he was a 4-loss/season coach.  In the ACC.  Apply that to A&M, and you have basically the same exact coach....except now he's playing in a considerably tougher conference.  You get the 4-loss season in '18, and 5 losses in '19.  Ok, about what you should have expected.  Except, A&M goes 9-1 in the anomalous COVID 2020 season, and what does A&M do?  Doubles-down and gives the guy a raise, contract extension, and HUGE buyout that almost guarantees they can't fire him without cause.  What happens in '21?  Another 4-loss season.  Fisher has been a head coach for 13 season, over half of those (7) have ended with 4 or more losses (2 have now been 6 or more).

Reality is, expectations for Fisher have not been realistic.  The recruits are there.  The money is there.  In fact, if this has shown anything, its that throwing all the money in the world at the coach and recruiting class does not equal results.  Now, don't get me wrong, I understand that this is just the byproduct of the current college arms race.  Schools are so pressured by fan bases that they feel compelled (if not obligated) to spend whatever it takes to get results...except A&M put the cart before the horse in this case.  Same thing with Mullen at Florida, Gator fans were absolutely convinced they were getting some different version...except he turned out to be the same guy as he was at Miss State.  Bottom line, you just can't blame the coach for underperforming, especially based on unrealistic expectations.

Are 7 losses (with their recruiting) unacceptable?  Absolutely.  Did A&M put willingly put themselves in a situation where they have no options.  Yup.   Once again, you can't blame Fisher.

Regardless, Happy Thanksgiving!!
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:02:50 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm trying to enjoy the egg bowl but locally heavy rains keep cutting out the game.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:27:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Officials just fucked Kiffin live on TV.

Brutal.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:28:15 PM EDT
[#24]
MSU v Ole Miss
Re: Dropped Lateral
I have to agree with Lane- the official blew the whistle, (edit) which is why his guy did not go after the ball.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:29:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
MSU v Ole Miss
Re: Dropped Lateral
I have to agree with Lane- the official blew the whistle.
View Quote

Incompetent Refs
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:30:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Agreed, whistle blew and literally everyone stopped and stood. Kiffen got fucked.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:33:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Incompetent Refs
View Quote

Announcer "The last 3 minutes of this game is hard for us to describe."

But you summed it up in 2 words.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:36:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Incompetent Refs

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:41:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Incompetent Refs
View Quote

Normal weekly occurrence.

Monk
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:42:19 PM EDT
[#30]
I got home from a camping trip today and checked the scores hoping to see the result of A&M vs LSU.  Nope, now I'll have to watch it

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:51:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I got home from a camping trip today and checked the scores hoping to see the result of A&M vs LSU.  Nope, now I'll have to watch it

View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:55:38 PM EDT
[#32]
I missed the bad calls on the Miss St game, but did watch the last 2 mins.  Did Kiffin call two TO's on the 2-pt conversion?
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:58:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Officials just fucked Kiffin live on TV.

Brutal.
View Quote

I didn’t like that call.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:59:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I missed the bad calls on the Miss St game, but did watch the last 2 mins.  Did Kiffin call two TO's on the 2-pt conversion?
View Quote

Yes.  Yes he did.

He also went for it on 4th and short from inside the 10.  Ole Miss was up by 1 and would have been up by 4 with the field goal.  Ole Miss lost by 2.  They would have won by 1.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:59:11 PM EDT
[#35]
I am betting there will be no accountability for those horrible officials.

Monk
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:05:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yes.  Yes he did.
View Quote
I didn't get that.  Keep one of the TO's, and at least you force Miss State to run a couple plays (maybe even a punt).
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:05:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yes.  Yes he did.

He also went for it on 4th and short from inside the 10.  Ole Miss was up by 1 and would have been up by 4 with the field goal.  Ole Miss lost by 2.  They would have won by 1.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  Yes he did.

Yeah, I knew that was a mistake.  Always take the easy points.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:06:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I didn't get that.  Keep one of the TO's, and at least you force Miss State to run a couple plays (maybe even a punt).
View Quote

Same, stupid decision.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:12:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Horrible officiating

Having said that, fuck ole miss
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:22:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I am betting there will be no accountability for those horrible officials.

Monk
View Quote

I had an uncle and cousin who collectively had seventy years of officiating experience in high school and collegiate sports.  Both are/were (lost my beloved uncle earlier this year) lifelong Alabama fans and very familiar with other teams.  Mention a bad call by an official in any sport against any team and the horns would come out.  I’ve known others in officiating as well.  They defend their own.  Every conference has a Head of Officials and every one of them were officials.  Just like judges and lawyers, until someone outside the good old boy systems has some authority over them, we get the same results.  I will say that there is technology that can take the human factor out of football officiating (visible evidence of whistle blowing on replays, GPS spotting for downs, etc.) that will help, but at some point accountability needs to factor in.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:34:11 AM EDT
[#41]
I'll just say maybe the damn official shouldn't have blown the whistle early. Line judge clearly thought it was a lateral/backwards pass.

MSU has been screwed more times by them than we've benefitted. If it wasn't for the challenge they would have screwed us.

We still got screwed at the corner of the end zone when the nose of the ball touched the pilon. That was the makeup call to make Ole Miss happy and give all the rest of the drama that unfolded.

Mike Leach needs a running QB. Will Rodgers has regressed this year. He's thinking too much.

Zach Arnet give this man a raise ASAP.

GTHOM!!

HAIL STATE!!!
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:37:45 AM EDT
[#42]
BTW MSU finishes the regular season with the same record as Ole Miss and played a harder schedule.

Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:26:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Hail State

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:44:41 AM EDT
[#44]
So...what is the best rivalry game to watch on Friday?
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 7:31:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So...what is the best rivalry game to watch on Friday?
View Quote

UF v FSU?
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 9:49:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Rumor has it that Leech has been having some medical issues and will be announcing retirement this season.

Enjoying this egg bowl.
View Quote

Heard that a few days ago. Sad if true. Also heard he may take a few years off and then join a broadcasting or analyst group. If that happens that would be awesome. He would be a huge fan favorite.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 9:53:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yes.  Yes he did.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  Yes he did.

Didn’t Mississippi St also get down around the 20 2-3 times and not kick field goals?

I was well into a bottle of bourbon by then so my recollection might be hazy.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 10:13:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yes.  Yes he did.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  Yes he did.

That’s a Kiffin specialty……. Go for it on 4th down. He does that way too much
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 10:15:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  Yes he did.

But the analytics……..

lol I think it was last year that I was told I was wrong when I stated the exact same thing.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 10:18:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

But the analytics……..

lol I think it was last year that I was told I was wrong when I stated the exact same thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  Yes he did.

But the analytics……..

Well, you weren’t wrong then……..Lane has a tendency to roll the dice a lot, even when it doesn’t make sense
Page / 242
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top