Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2020 1:50:29 PM EDT
TABAC SOAP … Why didn't anyone tell me?

This stuff is GREAT!

I have been using Col Conk for almost 15 years.  It is glycerine based and works fine. Before that, I used  Bic Disposables and Barbasol ... not so fine, but it worked.  I would often use a Norelco electric too.

I tend to live under a rock and have not been paying much attention to this stuff.

I watched a soap review video and learned of TABAC.  It is just fantastic!!! I love this stuff.  The smell was a bit strong, but a few weeks after opening, the smell faded to where it is just nice.

I suppose that the many, many other tallow soaps are also very good (I have not tried them), but I sure do like TABAC.

I have 2 safety razors, both old Gillette Adjustables … one a “Fat Boy” and the other a “Slim”. I like them both the same. You can adjust to your liking with many different blades.  I use DERBY Extra and those are pretty good for me. I have 2 nice brushes, but use a cheap TWEEZERMAN wood handle badger … it doesn't shed and the stiffness is just right.

I never thought that I would get excited over shaving soap.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 3:35:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Tabac is superb if you can handle the smell, I can not. Tabac's performance is great but it's scent is too off-putting for me. I've been grating it together with other soaps to make a frankensoap to tone down the scent and will not be buying anymore when I use up what I have.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry Leadbutt, I have to agree with T. But as they say "beauty is in the eyes..."

If you liked Conks and Tabac keep going. There are a whole lot of good ones out there. Some can get relatively expensive but well worth it. Burberry Britt, Truefitt & Hill come to mind. Don't get stuck on soap vs. cream. Both can be a good shave.

Let me know if you want a couple of ideas.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 4:35:13 AM EDT
[#3]
It’s in my rotation. I’ve come to enjoy the scent- it’s “unusual “.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 12:19:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a sample of Tabac that I have yet to use but I like the aroma and look forward to using it. YMMV.

Link Posted: 11/28/2020 10:58:47 PM EDT
[#5]
They make another soap with the same formula and more of an "irish spring" scent, Sir Irisch Moos.  I prefer it's scent to tabac.

Neither's Arko though.  😍
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:30:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I never heard of that soap before.  I found it on amazon and I may try it out sometime.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WinstonSmith:
They make another soap with the same formula and more of an "irish spring" scent, Sir Irisch Moos.  I prefer it's scent to tabac.

Neither's Arko though.  😍
View Quote

I bought 20 sticks of Arko, 10-15 years ago. Still using it, lol. Not my favorite, but it is good stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top