Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2022 7:54:56 PM EDT
2012 Regal GS CTS-V Recaro Seat Swap

I have the passenger seat installed, was not as bad as I thought it would be. Now I need to work on the driver side.
I am eventually planning on installing an aftermarket heating kit along with getting the cooling fans to work.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:34:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Those regal gs are pretty cool
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 12:31:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I tried putting ctsv seats in a 73 dart. Freaking things weigh a ton and are too tall for most roof lines
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:54:47 AM EDT
[#3]
My dad, who I feel very sorry for since I drag him into these projects against his will but he always helps me and I am blessed, and I had to remove and install the seats about 20 times to get the measurements and mounting solutions solved.

I also did a digital cluster swap into this car, mine is a 2012 GS and the digital cluster was available in 2014+. I love working on it. I've put 41k miles on in the 2.5yr I've owned it. And it's a stick ;)
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 10:08:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I just finished the job, it was very worth it. Eventually I'll get the heated/cooled functions to work but I'm satisfied for now. Installing the driver seat was much faster as we knew exactly what needed to be done!
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 10:26:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome project!
I love things like this. Making things work that technically shouldn't. I hope the heating/cooling wiring is pretty easy to do!

I have plans to install Legacy heated and auto dimming mirrors in my WRX. Granted, every bolts up, but the wiring will be a challenge to keep it looking factory (I'm picky like that).

By the way, happy to hear your Buick has 3 pedals
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 8:54:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Awesome project!
I love things like this. Making things work that technically shouldn't. I hope the heating/cooling wiring is pretty easy to do!

I have plans to install Legacy heated and auto dimming mirrors in my WRX. Granted, every bolts up, but the wiring will be a challenge to keep it looking factory (I'm picky like that).

By the way, happy to hear your Buick has 3 pedals
View Quote

I am going to be bypassing the heat/cooling module and I'll be installing an aftermarket heated seat kit so I can have the control switch on seat instead of going through the HVAC controls.
The car does not have a provision for cooling, and I was not able to get the fans to work by providing power and ground and leaving the speed variable wire alone so what I am planning to do is replace the fans (I think there are four) with some standard 12v fans with only a power and ground and connect that to an ignition source and put a simple switch on the seat as well to control it.

The manual transmission is super fun, sadly there will never be another Buick like this. They are quite rare.
I will record a video and post it up
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 9:45:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm just curious, how long did you have to search to find those seats, and, what did it cost you???

And, you "MIGHT" be able to "recycle" your seat belt tensioners from your previous seats into the CTS-V seats.

I know there are some places that repair those too.....

Link Posted: 10/10/2022 7:14:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm just curious, how long did you have to search to find those seats, and, what did it cost you???

And, you "MIGHT" be able to "recycle" your seat belt tensioners from your previous seats into the CTS-V seats.

I know there are some places that repair those too.....

View Quote

Yeah I'll get around to replacing the pretensioners when I remove the seats to get the heating/cooling to work. I also need to cut a rail a little bit so I can slide the seat back about two more inches as it's stopped by a mounting bolt. Right now I have a resistor in the wiring plug to keep the entire airbag system happy and functional.

The seats cost $1400, with the wiring harness plug from the body. I found a seat for a coupe on Facebook for $1500 but no wiring harness and a blemish on the leather.
Then I found these on Facebook about two weeks later from a part out vehicle.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#10]
How to install 2nd Gen CTS-V Recaros into a Buick Regal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top