Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2020 8:38:11 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience and thoughts on this software? The good/bad and any tips?

Currently in academy, my department uses this software and I'll be getting trained on it in the next couple weeks. My sergeant's only comment was "it's better than hand writing reports."

Thanks all
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:10:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone have any experience and thoughts on this software? The good/bad and any tips?

Currently in academy, my department uses this software and I'll be getting trained on it in the next couple weeks. My Sargeant's only comment was "it's better than hand writing reports."

Thanks all
View Quote

Hopefully picks up typos and corrects them ....like “sergeant.”  
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 3:27:53 AM EDT
[#2]
MS Word...
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:28:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Edit: I misunderstood the question. Not familiar with that program. Sorry can’t help.

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By joeyd16779:

Hopefully picks up typos and corrects them ....like “sergeant.”  
View Quote

God I hope so (embarrassed emoji)

Loutenant is a bitch too
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:53:54 PM EDT
[#5]
No, we've  been looking but all we do is investigative reports.  We're using MS Word and a shared network drive system instead of an actual case management system.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#6]
This is going to make me sound old as fuck but when I got into law-enforcement in the mid-1990s everything we did was hand written. I didn’t even own a computer until 1997 but one thing I can tell you in the past 26 years of doing this job is law-enforcement will make you a good writer, or at least it did for me. I tend to pick out grammatical and punctuation errors almost like they are highlighted so I tend to proofread stuff from my friends now. I guess it’s one of the side benefits of having to make sure your reports are properly written as having stupid shit brought up in court is embarrassing as fuck. I know it’s not the answer to the question you asked but just wanted to throw in my observation. Good luck in your career.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:12:51 PM EDT
[#7]
We still do everything old school with no computers. I tell the new staff to avoid using slang words and also avoid alot of non important fluff details IMO in their paperwork.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top