Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2021 9:40:42 AM EDT
Last June, I retired (for the 2d and last time) as president of a small college. As a retired Army officer, I had a lot of interaction with our college's veterans' group and they wanted to recognize my retirement from the college with a gift. COVID implications, among other things, impacted it's arrival but I finally received it yesterday. I am absolutely thrilled.

It is a flag that was flown over the U.S.S. Arizona Memorial in Pearl Harbor. It was actually flown on December 7th, 2019, the 78th anniversary of the attack. The date has an additional meaning as I met my future wife for the first time on December 7th, 1973.

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:46:35 AM EDT
[#1]
As a retired enlisted squid, I approve of this greatly.

Congrats on your retirement!
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:00:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats sir. Hope you have a very long satisfying retirement. ??
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:08:14 AM EDT
[#3]
That's outstanding. Someone clearly out a lot of planning and effort into that one for you.

Congratulations.

Link Posted: 3/22/2021 1:12:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I was given one of those flags when I retired from the air Force. Damn cool thing to get.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 9:21:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 11:30:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Well done.  Now enjoy retirement for real this time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top