Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2022 4:05:23 PM EDT
Need to find a quality treadmill for a family member to walk on.  I would much prefer to ruck so I’m no help

Footprint doesn’t matter
iFit or similar not needed nor wanted
Nothing too fancy just something to walk on while they listen to a podcast and stare at the wall
No chance of running - individual has bad knees
To me, durability and quality should primary goal.

Suggestions or comments. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Iv have been very happy with my sole f80.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#2]
What's your local classifieds look like? Treadmills depreciate like crazy, and it's often possible to find commercial ones for a couple hundred dollars.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 8:52:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I did the research a few years ago and a Sole was the clear winner for home use.  I went with Concept 2's bikeerg instead, so no first hand knowledge.

@Rolandofgilead has stated in a couple of threads that as a fitness equipment repair person, he see's very few Sole's.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 10:48:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

That one floated to the top in our research also.

Local store has one going to go look at it I believe.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 10:51:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What's your local classifieds look like? Treadmills depreciate like crazy, and it's often possible to find commercial ones for a couple hundred dollars.
View Quote

Local for me is basically Craigslist or word of mouth.  Everyone tells me Marketplace is so full of scams now to not even bother.

In looking it was pretty dry on treadmills.  Saw a few but none were even close to what I was trying to find.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 1:36:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I did the research a few years ago and a Sole was the clear winner for home use.  I went with Concept 2's bikeerg instead, so no first hand knowledge.

@Rolandofgilead has stated in a couple of threads that as a fitness equipment repair person, he see's very few Sole's.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weird, I didn't get the tag on this.

Yeah Sole is a good brand. I would generally get the most heavy duty one you can afford. I would NOT get anything meant for home use, and I would NOT get a Nordictrack/Icon brand. Get a commercial grade Sole, Life Fitness, Cybex, True....honestly they ALL will break, but NTs break a LOT more often and as someone that did warranty work for them I would steer clear.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 1:44:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Local for me is basically Craigslist or word of mouth.  Everyone tells me Marketplace is so full of scams now to not even bother.

In looking it was pretty dry on treadmills.  Saw a few but none were even close to what I was trying to find.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Marketplace > CL IMO.

I've done some business with this guy, he refurbishes equipment.

https://fitnessequipmentdepot.net/product-category/fitness-equipment/cardio/treadmills/

Technogym is a good brand

This Cybex should be good too

Note that commercial grade and higher quality brands have higher HP motors- this cybex has a 5HP one.

Here's a popular NT machine that has a 3.5HP motor- and it's a commercial grade. The home use ones often have a 2HP motor. I've replaces a lot of those and a lot of control boards.

https://www.nordictrack.com/treadmills/commercial-1750-treadmill
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 11:27:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for help....family member found a Sole F80 local and like it but ordered straight from Sole.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top